hohesC

Ewok Treehouse or: homedisplaying the cute furry things

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello all!

On the last day of the latest Community Build I would like to present my entry to you.

Truth to be told, I was already into the process of designing in LDD when ACPin made the official call for entries. As it turned out this was my luck, since I started into a new job in 12/11, with 10 hour shifts on six days a week and all.

So this didn't turn out as big as I would have liked, but I managed at least one tree with house and platform and all, so please, enjoy!

The whole thing from top down, complete with minifigs.

topdown.jpg

A little closer now, unfortunately not very sharp. I still need to setup a little Photo-studio to fit my needs and create the proper atmosphere.

topdown2.jpg

A shot of the top, this one without figs:

displaynofigs.jpg

This one with different lighting and figs, but not a good background unfortunately.

detail2.jpg

Wait, whats going on below?

detail1.jpg

This is what keeps the whole thing upright:

footage.jpg

And this is how it looks set up on a very narrow shelf right up to the wall:

display2.jpg

As I mentioned before I didn't have the time I wanted this month, but I won't stop now and keep building on it in future.

Hope you like it! C&C welcome!

Have a good start into 2012!

Cheers,

C*

This is awesome! I love the SNOT floor, and the little hut built in to the trunk is great. I would love to see this expanded :thumbup:

Wow, this is awesome! I haven't seen such a large tree platform myself before, so it's great you share this with us. Just wondering; are you going to actually ''finish'' the tree by adding a top with vegetation? And will you put this build in a larger scene? I think that would be great, personally. Anyway, great job on this one, especially the technique of adding transparant green cheese slopes on the leaves is a great idea. And the little hut is sweet too. :thumbup:

Edited by Hollander

Beautiful work! I agree, the SNOT platform is great. Not sure about the usage of trans-green cheese slopes, but this is still impressive. :wub:

One of the best looking trees i've seen. I really like the cheese slopes on the leaves, good touch.Overall a really great MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an incredibly good tree scene hohesC, I love the sideways shrubs and the trans green cheese slopes, it's fantastic :wub:.

Nicely done. I would have thought that the surface of SNOT would turn out too uniformly smooth for a wooden platform made by Ewoks, but you've made it work. The trans-green cheese is a clever technique, though I'm not sure if it isn't too ...solid. Overall, though, this looks great, and I hope you finish the tree. :classic:

Really, really, really cool. Really. Hope you get a chance to finish the whole tree. I'd love to see a spot where Luke and Leia have their strange brother-sister chat :blush:

Thank you all for your kind compliments, I'm glad you guys like it! :sweet:

Where is Wicket's spear from?

It's Brickforges Tribal Spear.

I would really like to build it into a complete tree, but at the moment I'm a little scare about static.

I'm not really good in physics, but since the whole construction is hollow and the top section (albeit sturdy) is pretty heavy already, AND its only half a tree,so the weight isn't spread out equally around it, I don't really know how much more weight the bottom can take without tipping forward or crumbling into itself.

If anybody out there has experience with this kind of problem, I would be glad for any hint you could give me, I could upload a shot from the back if it helps.

The trans-green cheese-slopes were more of a coincidence, I just grabbed a handfull at the Lego Store when they didn't have any plants aside from flowerstems. And having not as many "real" plants I added them to give the leaves more substance.

I think the next thing I'll have to add is a thinner tree on the left hand side, since the platform tends to bend a little under its own weight.

Happy new year to all of you!

Cheers, C*

Absolutely Genious !

I love the way you turn this scene with a special mention for the snot roof, the sideways shrubs and the trans green cheese slopes !:wub:

The use of plants is also very smart. Congrats for this MOC that stand on a very cool way on you display shelf !

I like the use of the chain as a guard rail and the owl in the tree is a nice touch. Overall it’s a really well thought out design and I think it looks great! Beautifully done!

This is a true piece of art! :wub:

Wonderful job, hohesC, thanks for sharing.

Nice! I was planning on doing something like this, but as I'm pressed for time and have already gone over the end date, I'm going to have to do just a slice of Endor. *sigh* Great work though! :thumbup:

Nice work. The dark tan bushes, used as detailing on the tree, are the icing on the cake for me. :thumbup:

While the whole thing is a treat for the eyes, I think my favorite of the details has to be the use of the Artic hoods from the Collectible Minifigures for the nests.

While the whole thing is a treat for the eyes, I think my favorite of the details has to be the use of the Artic hoods from the Collectible Minifigures for the nests.

Agreed, that really caught my attention as well. I always love a good Endor scene, and this is no exception. The huge size also makes this so cool, and accurate.

Great job :thumbup:

Wow it is huge! I really like your use of the Eskimo's hood for nests. :thumbup: I'm just not sure about the trans-green leaves. :tongue:

I really like the use of trans-green cheese slopes for leaves.

Plus the logs in a SNOT design makes a really cool "floor" or "treetop base".

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Great scene! What can I say that hasn't already been mentioned? Well I'm a fan, and I really like the creativety involved in you solutions - you should build the entire Ewok village with those techniques :thumbup: Although, I'm not sure there are anough translucent green cheese slopes in the world for that :wink:

I really love your MOC! It is so awesome! Perfect and creative use of parts. It remainds me Lego Star Wars II game! Maybe you should try with sth bigger? I don't know but I hope that your next MOC will be as cool as this or more! :tongue:

As a fan of Ewoks, I can't help but wish this was an official set! As others have said, the use of the Arctic Hoods was a masterstroke.

I look forward to seeing more MOC's by you!