Yatkuu

An internet tale Winchester/Shaun of the Dead project on CUUSOO

Congrates mate! I sure hope they do your wonderful creation justice when it gets released. It better be available in Australia.

You had my vote.

Well, if it gets released, this is one CUUSOO model I'd definitely buy. :sweet:

Congratulations, Yatkuu, for this fantastic achievement! I sincerely hope TLG give it the green light. :thumbup:

I cannot wait to see how Lego handles this - It's a fantastic MOC, presented brilliantly - and I really cannot see how it fits with many of the positions that the company has taken over the years regarding weapons and Violence.

The fact that we had a zombie as a CMF and various other properties make me hope they do this right - and that means means as close as possible to the original design as is practical.

Well done Yatkuu - Major achievement.

Well, if it gets released, this is one CUUSOO model I'd definitely buy. :sweet:

Make that two! :laugh:

Big, big congratulations to you Yatkuu, you built a great model, and the journey has been absolutely fascinating to follow. :sweet:

Enjoy some celebrations! :grin:

Congrats on getting to 10k.

I just hope the set (if/when its released) does this justice and has minifigs that provide proper homage to the source material.

To my mind it won't be Shawn Of The Dead without the lead character wearing a shirt & tie and carrying a cricket bat.

Congrats on your project reaching 10,000 supporters, Yatkuu :thumbup: !

I think that you've become the most famous AFOL in history. If LEGO does a book on the history of LEGO in the future (years from now) you should get 2 pages all to yourself!

Quick question, though. Does LEGO sell the CUUSOO products on their online store?

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

I can't believe this is happening... thank you all for your support and for these great feedbacks. I owe this community to be back into the hobby so nothing of this would have happened without you.

I feel a little dizzy right now, and not only because of the Champagne I had for breakfast this morning!

I would like however to make a few special thanks...

Simon Pegg, you are my hero.

Edgar Wright, we need more people like you in the world, seriously.

• Craig Chenery, you have been my supporter #1 since day one… Thank you for everything you’ve done.
    Craig is the author of a book every Shaun of the Dead fan should own (actually the book should be included in the Winchester’s box!) it’s called “Blood Splatter”, please check it out here.
  • Eloise from Z Magazine, thank you Eloise for your generosity and help in promoting the project.
  • Dave and Zombie Mutts from Bricks of the Dead, you guys gave me the inspiration to do this.
  • Tim Chipping, reporter at Holy Moly and a Zombie in the movie!, thank you Tim for your continuous support!
  • Erik @ Lego Zombie Apocalypse, your support was instrumental, thanks for everything.
  • Emma from the French Magazine Cinema Teaser, thank you for believing in this insane project.
  • Geoffrey from Desperate Zombie, an awesome French Zombie blog.
  • Brick Pirate, and in particular Oliv’ aka LEGO-Maniac from the French LEGO fan forum, merci à tous pour votre soutien dans cette aventure.
  • Silva Shado from the brick blogger, thank you for your support.
  • Will Chapman from BrickArms, thank you for your support and for helping us make better MOCs!
  • Harmony and everyone on Peggster, official Fan page of Simon, you guys rock!
  • Pixel Fox – dude, I’m starting to believe that there’s nothing we can’t achieve together.

All the people who commented and supported the project on CUUSOO.

Every blog and site who talked about the project, I cannot list you all here but you have my gratitude, I will update the full list on www.makethewinchester.com (I’ll try to update it asap).

Last but not least, thank you to my wife for still being at my side and supportive despite the craziness of all this!

I know a lot of people are now eager to know what the next steps are... this is unknown territory to all of us and I am very excited to see what is going to happen!

Right now I can only tell you that a CUUSOO rep sent me a message of Congratulations and that they hope to be able to give a first official feedback in a couple of days.

Congratulations, Yatkuu - this project deserves to be considered by Lego. I'm excited to see what they'll do with it, but if this turns into a set I sure am going to buy one - if nothing else, so for the wonderful building itself. And although I'm pretty sure that wasn't your motivation, I hope you'll make a decent buck on it as well :)

I saw the video and Simon Pegg endorsing it is awesome haha. Woul you want the set to have classic yellow faces? Or flesh tones like all the licensed properties. i.e. Starwars, Harry Potter, DC Superheros?

Edited by Solscud007

Congratulations, this is a big achievement!

Thank you Bonaparte, your help made a big difference!

It feels like it was only yesterday that we met at this BELUG event and talked about CUUSOO! Who would have thought?!

This is wicked. Congrats on achieving the needed support.

I hope the designers at Lego don't botch the transition from idea to realization.

Corner cafe, what????

Seriously. great story and again congrats.

I saw the video and Simon Pegg endorsing it is awesome haha. Woul you want the set to have classic yellow faces? Or flesh tones like all the licensed properties. i.e. Starwars, Harry Potter, DC Superheros?

I think it needs classic yellow heads.

I definitely prefer yellow (and grey for the zeds, of course :sweet: )... if the moderators thinks this is a good idea we should perhaps setup a poll and we could feed the results back to LEGO?

I definitely prefer yellow (and grey for the zeds, of course :sweet: )... if the moderators thinks this is a good idea we should perhaps setup a poll and we could feed the results back to LEGO?

I'd prefer yellow too and I'd very much like this released in the style of the rest of the modular building line (instead of an open-backed building for example). Perhaps you could gather a few of these 'design issues' and ask for a poll to be set up in this or a new topic.

Wow, what a whirlwind week for this project, huh? Fantastic!

As for next steps, I don't know if everyone saw the official 10k congratulatory note:

Congrats on 10,000 Supporters, Yaktuu!

2012/03/31

Wow! Congratulations on a great run to 10,000 supporters this week, fueled by actor Simon Pegg's mentions on Conan and Twitter! We admire your passion and enthusiasm for the film Shaun of the Dead, and your desire to see a LEGO set of the Winchester.

In our previous message, we noted that due to the themes behind Shaun of the Dead, there would need to be some significant internal discussion for us to agree to produce this as a product. Please understand that this discussion has yet to take place, and while we appreciate your work and celebrate this big success with you, we are not guaranteeing production.

But for now, we celebrate. So without further adieu, we congratulate you on achieving 10,000 supporters and officially advance this project to the Review phase.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

What happens now?

This project moves from the Idea stage to the Review stage. A "LEGO Jury" composed of designers, product managers, and other key team members will examine the idea. We'll build concept models and determine if the concept meets our high standards for what it takes to be a LEGO product, including playability, safety, and fit with the LEGO brand.

Every LEGO product goes through a process like this and must meet the same standards.

The review is a thorough process that will take several weeks. When finished, we make a "go/no go" decision to develop and sell the Winchester. We will inform you of our decision, and if green-lighted, this project goes into the longest phase of the project; the Development phase. During this time, LEGO model designers refine the product and develop it for release, we create the product materials (box, instructions, marketing), and get everything ready for a production run. This takes several months.

We will post followup information here and announce our final decision in the LEGO.com press room.

The LEGO CUUSOO Team

I love the fact that it's not just a standard form letter congrats - the little nuances like using the phrase "How's that for a slice of fried gold?" just makes it all the more personal!

Congratulations! Wow, first Minecraft now Shaun of the Dead!

Although TLC's statement "does not guarantee production", most likely because the genre and plot of the movie are a very unorthodox premise for a Lego product, I'd like to point my finger at one thing that could make it work: Monster Fighters! There are going to be zombies in there, so just tone down the gore factor in the Winchester scene appropriately and we're all prepped and ready for some serious Cuusoo-goodness! ;-)

It'd be a damn shame should this come to waste needlessly. And please don't forget that zombies have already arrived in contemporary childrens' bedrooms and Lego is not so very innocent in that regard; see the CMF Series 1's zombie for reference!

Be well all!

Cutty

I love the fact that it's not just a standard form letter congrats - the little nuances like using the phrase "How's that for a slice of fried gold?" just makes it all the more personal!

Agreed, this is the icing on the cake!

Grr.. on the other hand they did manage to make a typo in my name! :laugh: