Yatkuu

An internet tale Winchester/Shaun of the Dead project on CUUSOO

Thank you so much for publishing the instructions. This wonderful MOC is truly a masterpiece and it is wonderful that it will be able to live on as fans can self build it for their own modular streets.

Is there any mechanism anywhere for a thank you donation?

Thank you for the praise! I have included a paypal email address in the instructions intro :sweet:

Please keep us posted if you ever build your own Win!

Sorry for digging this old thread.

For those who like Lego and Shaun of the Dead, today's t-shirt on TeeFury features both:

http://www.teefury.com/

It is valid only one day (9h45 left when I post this).

Note: I am not involved with this, I do not gain anything, I just post that in case other people are interested.

Seeing this bumped got me thinking how much I would love a line from Lego aimed at just adults. I don't mean like the modular buildings. More along the lines of movies like this or other past properities that would be ideal for 25 to 45 year olds. NECA does a great job providing to that crowd with their toy lines. In my opinion Lego would make a killing.

Edited by Super Goblin

how much I would live aine from Lego aimed at just adults.

One can hope!

Right now TLG’ stance on what makes an appropriate LEGO set does not leave room for such products… but who knows, this policy could perhaps evolve one day.

I think that CUUSOO could still be the answer to the existing demand for more mature content… but certainly not in its current model. Maybe one day the concept will evolve into a true crowd sourcing platform where the users must pledge cash for what they support and eventually have the actual power to obtain what they want. TLG could still keep a filter on the projects but they could make it more flexible.

A few years ago I believe you could design your own models in LDD and buy them form a push of a button (Design by me?). I was in my DA so I can't say for sure what where the terms of that service but it appears the costs were too high and it was a failure. The same concept could perhaps be reconsidered and redefined from micro to macro. Of course any licensing ties would still make the process of releasing a set very complex but if there is a will to make things work I’m sure there are solutions to every problem.

Anyway… the means are irrelevant until TLG decides to set free from their own self-imposed set of rules.

On a side note, if LEGO does not do it… the answer could also come from elsewhere. BrickLink for instance, with the right interface could perhaps become a viable alternative to such projects (albeit at a smaller scale).

In the meantime, the good news is that no one can stop you from building your own collectibles ;-)

Lego would make a killing.

Well, they already do. Their current performances are just stellar, it's perhaps also one of the reasons they don’t feel like going down that road for the moment.

Sorry to bump this thread after so long but the Dropbox links are down, anyone got a source for the instructions/source files?

I've recently seen a great custom Hellblazer minifig that would make a great base for Shaun and it's made me want to build this set.

4 hours ago, KonamiKode said:

Sorry to bump this thread after so long but the Dropbox links are down, anyone got a source for the instructions/source files?

Here is a new dropbox link.

Enjoy!