Yatkuu

An internet tale Winchester/Shaun of the Dead project on CUUSOO

Congratulations Yatkuu!

I was wondering, how do you think TLG is going to go about releasing a set based on a movie rated R? Will they make it 10+? 14+?

No matter HOW they release it, I'm sure it'll be great! Congrats again!

Big congratulations from me!

Very happy for you, just a regular forum member, getting 10,000 supporters (with a little help from Eurobricks).

If this comes out for sure, and includes a few zombies, this is definately a must-have for me.

Cangratz again! :classic::thumbup:

Congratulations, I hope this gets made. Hopefully LEGO doesn't change too many details on it, the original was great. Too bad they will probably use fleshies though, since it would be a licensed set.

Congrats Yatkuu :sweet:!

Well designed, thought through and posted. And then the attention from the actual people - awesome :thumbup:! Keep us posted and don´t hesitate if you need a poll or two set-up in the future.

Wow, this is awesome news. Let's hope there are some Shaun fans on the jury that will be reviewing this at LEGO who will argue your cause. If this gets the greenlight, this is likely to be the second $100+ set I've purchased (unless it comes out after the new LotR sets, in which case it would be the third), and the first 'modular' style (assuming that aspect is maintained). I also think this will bring in a lot of new customers who haven't purchased LEGO before. I don't see why LEGO wouldn't produce this, because everything you've presented has been tasteful and I wouldn't be afraid to show my kids... now the movie on the other hand will wait another 10 years before they can see it, but any sane parent knows that.

Will some people protest? Probably... look at LEGO Friends - but I don't think LEGO should make their design decisions on the small segment of foolish people who complain about everything anyway.

Edited by meyerc13

Wow! Amazing job achieving full support, I just hope TLC is okay with releasing a Bar. If so I'd definitely buy it! :cry_happy:

Good job Yatkuu!! I supported this about two weeks ago, probably a good thing that Simon Pegg saw it and showed it publicly! :laugh:

Very good to see another project hit 10,000! I can't wait to get this!

Congrats Yatkuu it is amazing how it reached the 10000 so fast. It is wonderful. :thumbup::classic:

I just read the official congratulatory letter. I loved the quote which adds a bit of personality and not just a fill in the blank letter.

I have no worries that this won't be made. Your website Makethewinchester.com has the controversy section is well thought out. I wonder if you will be present via phone conference to weigh in on the verdict.

My wife and I recently purchased the Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and the Pet Shop. I would like the Winchester to be in the same city. So would TLG make the same conclusion?

Would you sacrifice the lovely snot built sidewalk and street so that the Winchester can plug into the other modular buildings?

I suppose I could just modify the set to do so haha,

Looks like this might come out for Xmas given the TLG letter time table of events to come.

Please keep us updated and if they fly you out to pick your brain, please document it, if you can.

Will some people protest? Probably... look at LEGO Friends - but I don't think LEGO should make their design decisions on the small segment of foolish people who complain about everything anyway.

Friends is quite different from this. With this project, if kids haven't seen the movie (which they shouldn't have) then it's just good ol' zombie fun! But with Friends, it's not like that. They've introduced new minifigs that are skinny to the point of ugliness, but young girls will want to be skinny too, and they'll go on "diets" and stop eating.

I don't want to change the topic from Yatkuu's success, so my mini-rant is over.

I have no worries that this won't be made. Your website Makethewinchester.com has the controversy section is well thought out. I wonder if you will be present via phone conference to weigh in on the verdict.

I'm all for it, I'll even fly to Billund if I have to :cry_happy:

My wife and I recently purchased the Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and the Pet Shop. I would like the Winchester to be in the same city. So would TLG make the same conclusion?

Please make it so!

Would you sacrifice the lovely snot built sidewalk and street so that the Winchester can plug into the other modular buildings?

I'm afraid the sidewalk will have to go to match the other modulars :sceptic:

Looks like this might come out for Xmas given the TLG letter time table of events to come.

Zombies for christmas, the perfect gift!

Please keep us updated and if they fly you out to pick your brain, please document it, if you can.

Absolutely, and if I am given the chance to give my opinion I will make sure to reach out to the community as well - either via polls or open threads. This is a unique opportunity for us!

Wow Yatkuu, you actually made it! It was so much fun to follow this, and I think we are all thankful for everyone's support to get this MOC to 10,000. Congratulations, I am keeping my fingers crossed for this to pass the review stage!

I think that this could be very profitable for Lego.

One of my other hobbies is firearms and firearm training. Just this year and last year more companies, in the firearm industry, are marketing products for the zombie aficionado.

From zombie killing chainsaw mounted rifles to zombie killing ammunition. I kid you not. There is a company making zombie killing bullets. http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/10/14/hornady-zombie-max-ammo/ As if normal bullets wouldnt work as effectively?

Anyway my point being is that zombies are coming to the forefront of popularity. It is no longer relegated to cult status. I'm sure this in in part due to Shaun of the Dead being so widely accessible for audiences.

As like many here, I will keep the hope that it passes the review status and that we do get the Winchester. I dont care if compromises are made to the set. If they do it to the standards of the modular sets then I will be more than happy.

Thanks to everyone who supported this. We all share in your exhilaration Yatkuu.

This will never happen, but I'd be very glad to be proved wrong.

I am so happy that this made it 10,000!! And i hope LEGO realizes that this will be profitable and not controversial. It's not like they haven't made zombies before.

Here's hoping they make it!! :thumbup: I'd love to add this to my modular collection.

Congratulations! An impressive amount of people have voted for your outstanding creation, I can only hope LEGO tries to turn it into a set. It's really a great film. I think there's an ever bigger chance of actually developing this set because of the support of the makers of the film. And if it happens LEGO doesn't turn it into a set, you still made an awesome moc! :thumbup:

Maybe if TLG doesn't make the set because of the "maturity" of the film, they could make a zombie set anyway.

Like, if Shaun of the Dead is too mature for Lego, perhaps they'll just make a modular building with zombies.

I doubt this'll happen though, because it would make a LOT of supporters angry.

WOW! Congrats for sure on reaching the first goal.now to wait and see that press release then the unveiled set! Once again, congrats Yaktuu.

You know what the best part is?

The fact that it happened today and not tomorrow.. otherwise nobody would have believed it!

Congrats man, I supported this on Cusoo today after seeing it having more than 9000 supports. I actually watched one of Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright films (Hot Fuzz) today, and I can say that they are one of the biggest names in comedy nowadays.

now it's time to take a "rendez vous" with Simon and to give him a big kiss !

You got it dude ! congrat' ;)

Et vive la Belgique !

It's not like they haven't made zombies before.

I agree zombies are not controversial and the violence can be toned down to 'cartoon' violence. I worry that releasing a pub is the bigger issue, I can imagine the trashier papers claiming LEGO are encouraging children to drink!

TLG's done pubs before as well, in the Castle and Pirates lines (heck, even the Mos Eisley Cantina). I don't think there has been one in a modern, "real-world" setting though, which seems to be the defining factor when it comes to potentially controversial subject matter. (Like how warfare can be depicted as long as it's in space or medieval times or something, but something based on modern or recent real-world militarism would be a no-go.) Granted, that line gets a little blurrier when it comes to licensed sets, so it's hard to tell whether this would pass review.