BlueBard

Modular Neighborhood Preview Pics

Hi, everybody! :classic:

Here are the first "prelim" pics of my Modular Neighborhood project. As soon as I'll finish the last vehicles and have a bit of time I'll take more and better pictures of it with cars, trucks, minifigs, funny scenes and all the typical stuff. For the moment I hope yo like it :wink:

6602948783_3740609c59_z.jpg

6602968995_85197de11b_z.jpg

6602974161_8e5d9142f3_z.jpg

6603000893_b0ccdc62a8_z.jpg

6603004739_5089dea8aa_z.jpg

6603007529_27272fddd5_z.jpg

The rest of the pics can be seen here in my flickr's :classic:

So gorgeous! smooth & clean, I love the benches and trees too. I like how you created your own modular buildings rather than just putting down the official ones. Excellent work BlueBard! :thumbup:

PD: I just noticed the gumball machine! ACE! :wub:

Edited by Otherworld

Fantastic setup 'Blue Bard'! Very detailed and uncluttered. I'd write to city council about the posted speed limit though... Passer-by's won't have the time to take in the sight default_tong.gif Keep up the great work, I look forward to it's progression default_classic.gif

Finally! This is really great - the buildings obviously are wonderful, and the detailing is top notch (and will probably be even better when you've added the final touch). I love the little alley and the fence with the poster on it. Is that an official part/sticker, or did you make it yourself?

Beautiful modular neighborhood, Bluebard! :thumbup: Each building is completely original and gorgeous, and it all comes together wonderfully to create a very realistic city! All the little details you included (the tree held up by rubber bands, the gumball machine, etc.) also really help with that effect. Keep up the great work! :sweet:

I am amazed. You have managed to work so many small details in to a large scale project. everywhere you look there is something different to admire. Excellent work!

<Edit - duplicate post - Could I impose on a moderator to remove? Many thanks!>

Edited by Evil Stu

Thanks for your comments, everybody! :classic:

I love the little alley and the fence with the poster on it. Is that an official part/sticker, or did you make it yourself?

I did it myself, using the official "Lego Rock Band" logo and a bit of Photoshop :wink:

Very nice city set-up. I think it comes together nicely with all the detailing on the buildings and the spacing of everything.

It reminds me of a post-zombie apocalypse without any cars/people. I know you are adding that in later, but it gives off a creepy ghost town vibe. Nicely done.

The gumball machine is very clever.

Keep up the great builds.

Looks fantastic 'BlueBard', the streets, pavement and your wonderful modulars all coming together.....Brick On sir, always ! :grin:

Thanks for the nice comments, people :classic:

It reminds me of a post-zombie apocalypse without any cars/people. I know you are adding that in later, but it gives off a creepy ghost town vibe. Nicely done.

:laugh::pirate_skel1:

I noticed your houses off EB a while ago, and they still impress me with how they look. You have developed a great building style, and this modular neighborhood looks great. I'm looking forward to see more photos of the neighborhood with vibrant life all around.

Thanks for the nice comments! :classic:

I'm looking forward to see more photos of the neighborhood with vibrant life all around.

As soon as possible :wink:

I'm really liking all of you modulars BlueBard! :classic: Just one question, though. Do you use a specific editing software to get rid of the background, or do you spend hours on MS paint getting the images just right for us? I was thinking of doing something similar with my next town update and would appriciate any tips you could give.

Brick On,

Dakar

Thanks for your comments! :wink:

Just one question, though. Do you use a specific editing software to get rid of the background, or do you spend hours on MS paint getting the images just right for us?

Second one :wink: I just did a fast "cut & paste" with these images, as they are just previews of the final diorama. Normally I use a white background (not necessarily a big one, it depends on the model. For a little MOC, an A4 sheet works perfectly, for example) and I "fill" it in white with a normal Photoshop software.

pics are a lil jagged in the edge though, don't do this town justice

It's just a preview, for the moment, that's why the edges are "jagged" :tongue:

It seems that we have some nice layout presentation for this beginning of the year, which is really good!

Your piece of downtown is lovely done. The overall look catch the eyes, with nice details put eveywhere (a Super Mario mushroom tag!).

You have put enought street accessories as benches, streetlights, trafficlights, and of course nice trees, which I think are really important in streets.

I will not complain about the lake of minifigures and cars, I know that it takes some time to put them in a funny and pleasant way. Maybe you will post some pics later with such add-on, I hope!

My only minor complain is the black used for the sidewalk. But maybe it's because I don't like black that much. The LEGO black is really black and appears as a very harsh color, making the details using black pieces not that visible and a too strong contrast, which catches the eyes a little too much for my taste.

It seems that we have some nice layout presentation for this beginning of the year, which is really good!

Your piece of downtown is lovely done. The overall look catch the eyes, with nice details put eveywhere (a Super Mario mushroom tag!).

You have put enought street accessories as benches, streetlights, trafficlights, and of course nice trees, which I think are really important in streets.

I will not complain about the lake of minifigures and cars, I know that it takes some time to put them in a funny and pleasant way. Maybe you will post some pics later with such add-on, I hope!

My only minor complain is the black used for the sidewalk. But maybe it's because I don't like black that much. The LEGO black is really black and appears as a very harsh color, making the details using black pieces not that visible and a too strong contrast, which catches the eyes a little too much for my taste.

Thanks! :wink:

I'll post pics with the so called "add-ons" as soon as I'll finish them, don't worry :laugh:

About the black sidewalks I know it's not the usual TLC one but since the first building I made I wanted to put a distinctive detail in my city and I decided to change the sidewalks colour. I personally like black better than light or dark grey as, with the contrast, the MFs and the facades' details are more visible but that's my point of view and I undesrtand your "complaint" :classic: