Sign in to follow this  
drakke

Old Castle posters

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have been following these forums for some time, and just decided this would be a good time to register.

My question is, do you know where you can find old (1985-1995) lego castle posters? I have been looking throughout google and at several pages,and i cant seem to find proper ones.

I found this one, in case you want it:

LEGO Castle Poster

But it has a bad flash efect that spoils it.

Do any of you have anyone scanned, or do you know of any place or page where you can find them?

Thanks in advance!

Theres quite a few of the older posters on my various blog posts I am trying to think where I got them (I think I tralled the web all over).

Still if you need some just look through me blogs (all the castle ones) and you should be ok

I hope that helps

Jojo has a bunch here. :sweet:

. . . why do you want old castle posters anyway?

Because they're cool. :laugh: The way they used to do them was like artwork and it's nice seeing the sets in their natural setting. Look at this (and just imagine how much those cypresses would cost)!

f-robinhood.jpg

Edited by Skipper

Well, Id like to hang them on my room`s walls, I grew up with this sets, and I lost most of the posters that I got, so I need good and large scans to make new prints and create new posters. I have seen your posters Sven, but they are rather small for what I need, they are still pretty cool though.

The scenery was just... incredible. All those trees, mountains, rivers... Gets me nostalgic!

By the way, I found this one. Not big enough for me,but very well scanned!

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:Diorama-2003.jpg

Hey Im also new here. :classic:

But anaway I have some old posters, soon I make some scans and I post the pictures of them.

any request of theme or year the posters need to be????

Hey Im also new here. :classic:

But anaway I have some old posters, soon I make some scans and I post the pictures of them.

any request of theme or year the posters need to be????

Wew! Thats great news!

Thanks a lot for the effort, personally Id like castle posters from 1986-1992, but anything will be really welcome!

I've been considering making a lego poster database for years (I collect all the old ones). Unfortunately I used to bulk at the price of scanning and now I bulk at the time required. If a few people co-ordinated efforts it could be really great!

God Bless,

Nathan

Wew! Thats great news!

Thanks a lot for the effort, personally Id like castle posters from 1986-1992, but anything will be really welcome!

I go making some scans of them. Saddly I have more space posters then old castle posters.

Hope u don't mind that I have the most castle posters from 1989-1993.

Any idea how to upload them????

I go making some scans of them. Saddly I have more space posters then old castle posters.

Hope u don't mind that I have the most castle posters from 1989-1993.

Any idea how to upload them????

I dont really know, and I guess many fellow AFOL will tell you better ways, but all I can think of is flickr (you will have to make an account,but its fast and quite nice) or just at megaupload and provide us with the link.

Those posters fro 1989 to 1993 would be awesome Brickbuilder007!

Again, thanks a lot.

I dont really know, and I guess many fellow AFOL will tell you better ways, but all I can think of is flickr (you will have to make an account,but its fast and quite nice) or just at megaupload and provide us with the link.

Theoretically TLC still has copyright on the posters in most countries so very few hosting sites are going to allow you to host these.

In practice most won't notice unless someone reports it. This may well be slightly more likely on flickr than other sites, especially since flickr is intended to be mainly photographs of Creative Commons material.

I would suggest either something like Photobucket if you have a few scans or TinyPic if you just have one or two. Imageshack annoys me for countless reasons.

If you don't want to put these on one of these better known websites then it's also possible to get free FTP hosting in quite a lot of places although that would probably be more complicated than you're looking for.

ive always loved looking at the old posters as a kid, wishing i could afford to buy them all.

now i do it as an adult.default_tong.gif

I have just about all of those old 80's and 90's posters. They are all tucked away in ziploc bags. I haven't had them out in over a decade though. Nice to see some of them again!