Sign in to follow this  
Lobot

Death Star Duel

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is my second entry for the Episode VI Community Build.

I'm surprised that this scene hasn't been attempted by anyone for the CB, so I felt that I should give it a bash! As usual, I've been limited by my supply of surplus bricks & lack of talent. I built this using a couple of screenshots & have tried to create a moderately accurate copy. Unfortunately, there's lots of difficult angles & large viewports, which made it rather difficult. Illuminated via 4 sets of Technic LEDs (I need to get some more), dimensions 38 x 24 studs.

Anyway, I hope that you like it, C & C welcome :classic:

Darth & Luke duel whilst the Emperor looks on (chuckling quietly to himself):

rotj_duel_iii.jpg

Side view:

side_view.jpg

From above:

top_view.jpg

Edit: Extra photos added

This is my second entry for the Episode VI Community Build.

I'm surprised that this scene hasn't been attempted by anyone for the CB, so I felt that I should give it a bash! As usual, I've been limited by my supply of surplus bricks & lack of talent. I built this using a couple of screenshots & have tried to create a moderately accurate copy. Unfortunately, there's lots of difficult angles & large viewports, which made it rather difficult. Illuminated via 4 sets of Technic LEDs (I need to get some more), dimensions 38 x 24 stids.

I'll add some more photos tomorrow, when I have a moment. Anyway, I hope that you like it, C & C welcome :classic:

Darth & Luke duel whilst the Emperor looks on (chuckling quietly to himself):

-snip-

Cool MOC. Are those LEDs in the lights?

Well I think it looks pretty good! The LEDs hit those trans-blue slopes quite nicely, and I like the detailing on the guardrails and stairs.

And a suggestion, if you could take a picture in lower light, I think it would accentuate the lights and reinforce the dark and somber mood.

Great job! I love the (somewhat) accurate look to it! You really put some thought into this. :classic:

VERY nicely done! :classic: I agree with SSJ2 Dark stating you should shoot this in lower light. It would definately resemble the scene more closely. :wink: LOve those "shelves" on the side walls, too. :thumbup:

I want to chime in on doing lower lighting. You should try to recapture the lighting from the film.

That would look incredible with this! :classic:

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated! :classic:

I'm still trying to work out how to use my new Canon EOS in low light, so I had to use my old compact. Unfortunately it refuses to focus with any less light that I've used! However, I've added a couple of new photos which show the overall layout. Cheers, Robin

Cool MOC. Are those LEDs in the lights?

Yes, I use the official Lego Technic LEDs - £5.49 each from S@H: link here

Great work! You really made an accurate representation of one of the most significant scenes of the Star Wars movies. Just one thing; I know it's all about the platforum Luke and Vader battle each other, but why not adding some more stuff at the adges of scene, to fill it up a little? But that's just what I think... :tongue:

Anyway, great job. You did well in adding an excellent MOC to the Community Build! :thumbup:

Nice to see you create another great build for the ROJ CB. You dont give your self enough credit as the scene looks simple but enough details to relate to such a iconic part of the saga. The lighting on the emperor looks good but the rest of the scene needs a little darkening but apart from that :thumbup: .

You've certainly nailed the over all shape of the MOC. This is something I would LOVED to have built if I had the Emperor.

Very nice scene - good job :thumbup: Having just completed the 10188 Death Star it is great to see this scene built more in scale with the movie.

A quick note would be to perhaps look at how the the consoles with the blue slopes are done in the official model. I think that design would suit this scene perfectly :sweet:

Nice, real nice.

A little late but still:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png