Priovit70

Winter Village: Mountain Guides Station

indexed.gif B-OV-18B

Since the first box of the Winter Village theme, the Toy Shop, I came up with the idea that the Village lies in the mountains.

So, year after year, I expanded it in a sort of "northern italy - mountain" style. So this year I decided to add a Mountain Guides station, because, you know, mountains can be very dangerous! *huh*

I started with the image in my head of a wooden chalet, and from this first idea I developed the design with LDD. The outcome is in the next pictures and I'm pleased with it.

I know, I know, it's a slyghtly bigger than the other buildings of the winter village, and if, in some way, you find it weird with the sidewalks and other details, like the hydrant, there's a reason. I built it for my "modular winter village"; the module is based on the 32x32 baseplate and has a street with sidewalk on the both sides, but that is another story and it's a little off topic.

But let's return to my creation: on the main floor you can find the core of the station with an office desk, chair, computer, desk lamp and a cabinet, to manage all the reports and the emergency calls.

On the side of the office there's a garage with an ATV, ready for every emergency, and all the equipment for its maintenance.

The first floor is divided in two: the first part is an observation terrace with the flags of the mountain guides (I drew them, starting from the snowboard of the serie 5 snowboarder guy and from the airplane of the Flying Mummy Attack and then printed on self-adesive paper) and a telescope, and the second part is an attic for various equipment.

Finally, on the roof I put a satellite dish for emergency communications.

In the last picture you can also see the ATV leaving for a rescue mission.

In total there are 7 figures: 4 mountan guides and 3 boy scouts, full of excitement waiting for their first hike in the snow. :grin:

_01.jpg

_02.jpg

_03.jpg

_04.jpg

_05.jpg

I hope you enjoy it!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!!

Priovit70

That, to me, is perfection. I really love it. The perfect addition to the village. :thumbup:

Eccezionale veramente!

Amazing!! In my opinion you have exactly cought the mood of the mountain winter village, maybe (IMHO of course) a few Christmas details would be better but surely an awesome work. I love all details, swear. It would be great to see a set like this officially released!

Brick on and good luck for the contest!

Farrant

Very nice build Priovit! It is a very orginal idea. I like the very detailed construction. The use of different textures is well applied. I particually like the effect of snow on the balcony and the snow on the roof. If I had to find a critique it would be to use some brown plate under the white plate for the sloped roof as seen from the rear. And perhaps the addition of a smaller village component.

Play Well

Shane

Very original idea, some nice techniques, like the snow effect. There is alot going on considering its only one main model and not separate structures which I like! Best of luck!

So many great details. I really, really like this - best of luck in the competition!

(I was going to say "I love the boy scouts" but the sentence struck me as very strange when I saw it written out...)

Another very nice entry, and an original idea. I'd love to see this on a non-white background, just to help some of the details of the roof texture more visible.

Well done.

Do you have a Flickr, Brickshelf or MOCPages account - I'd love to see more of your work?

I want to thank everybody for the kind comments about my entry! Thank you very much!!

Do you have a Flickr, Brickshelf or MOCPages account - I'd love to see more of your work?

I'm on mocpages: My Mocpages

Edited by Priovit70

This Mountain Guides Station surely fits in Winter Village. The idea is great and it caught a very winter atmosphere. I like it that it's predominantly brownish with a snowy roof, and the boyscouts are a great addition. Besides, it has some lovely details, such as the observation terrace with the telescope. I think this is one of my favourite WV MOCs. Really well done! :thumbup:

very original idea, i love it!!

every village needs a mountain guide for safe living.

good luck on the contest