Sign in to follow this  
Doornroosje

Avalonian Siege weapon

My entry for the Siege Expert title. An Avalonian Battering Ram.

1325161088m_SPLASH.jpg

1325161085m_SPLASH.jpg

(I haven't got any sand green cheese slopes (yet), so I had to use white)

1325161090m_SPLASH.jpg

Looks great! A good addition to the Avalonian army. The white looks good with the dark green, I don't think there is any need to change it.

A fourth wheel on the back would look good, it looks a bit unbalanced currently, but, other than that, a great build!

Very nice work LEGO Lady of Avalonia! I do like the white and dark green like Legonardo said. It looks very much like it was built in the field to achieve its intended purpose.

A couple of thoughts:

1) I would move the whole roof forward a bit. It looks a little off balance with the roof extending off the back and I think it would look good going up to the fron of the ram. I would also consider making the whol thing 2 studs wider.

2) How are we Avalonians pushing this thing? If the whole seige engine isn't wide enough for the Avalonians to stand inside the protected area while pushing, then maybe it should have handles that extend from the sides so it can be pushed into place.

3) I don't know exactly how a batterin ram's internals work, but I would guess there is a chain or a rope that is pulled from behind the ram to pull the ram back and then once the rope is released, the ram smashes into the door or wall. Maybe you could add that here so the ram actually works as it would in real life!

Thanks for your comments and suggestions for improvements.

I thought about a few myself, unfortunately I only had 6 wheels. I made the roof longer to protect the people pushing the battering ram and operating the ram, but it does look a bit out of balance now.

I tried to make it look as much as I could to medieval designs for battering rams. But it turned out to be quite a challenge.

Furthermore the wooden log hangs on chains to enable it to swing and smash the door or wall.However the space is a bit thight (a big error in my design, but when I found out I was becoming a little frustrated with the build, and just wanted it finished :tongue: , yes I know a bit lazy, but I really wanted to go back at building houses and landscapes)

Maybe I will improve my design later with your suggestions, but I will first have to take it apart, because I need some of the parts for new builds!