Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

The Brothers Dorlin and Broslin

In Avalonia, two brothers, Dorlin and Broslin have been caught on the wrong side of the law one too many times! they have set up residence in a cave behind a waterfall. They have both become expert archers, hunters and can fade into the forest and disappear effortlessly.

Somewhere in Avalonia

PotF3-M.jpg

Dorlin stands by the hidden entrance to the home behind the waterfall

PotF5-M.jpg

PotF4-M.jpg

Broslin looks at a map of the lands

PotF2-M.jpg

Dorlin stood at the edge of the table looking down at the map Broslin had laid out. "I have heard there is a Lord in the west, at the edge of the Enchanted Forest that will give those looking to forget their past and wanting start anew a second chance in his guard."

Broslin nodded his head, "I have heard he will give them a new identity. While the trials are tough to join, his loyalty is unwavering if you pass them."

"I tire of this life." sighed Dorlin. "I would gladly pledge my oath of loyalty to such a man if it is true."

"I agree," Broslin spoke softly. "I know I have not agreed in the past but to be able to hold my head high again would bring me such happiness."

"It is settled then, we start preparing for our journey to Circardia to join Lord Arlindus and his Phoenix Guard!" exclaimed Drolin.

PotF1-M.jpg

The mushrooms and the trees are great, and I always like your trees. The waterfall is very nicely done as well.

Every detail is well done. Great MOC!

The mushrooms and the trees are great, and I always like your trees. The waterfall is very nicely done as well.

Every detail is well done. Great MOC!

Wow Mikey! This is great!

The cave is really well done and I like the fact the you can see the waterfall from inside the cave! The waterfall which by the way is perfect!

I like the old tree that lies to the left, haven´t seen that in a MOC I think, it adds to the whole old forest thing!

Great job Mikey!

Wow great work ! You are really an inspiration for me to improve my MOCs, I especially like your landscaping :classic: . Nice background story too!

Thanks for the great feedback!

The learned the tree technique and landscaping from DC (and through some critics of my earlier trees!) I would like to own more brown tubes but they aren't cheap. I ordered a few black ones on BL but after I started using them, I looked on one of my shelves and realized there are four brown ones on the Viking longboat! I haven't totally cannibalized that set yet and only took off the brown hoses for future builds. (So now my Longboat sail is furled up and the ship is at anchor)

As to the old tree, I build a stump for another build (which I abandoned) and like the idea, Driving down the interstate the other day through some pretty forested areas, I noticed a lot of fallen trees and thought If I could get i right, I would add it into a build. I think they came out okay. For the mushroom, I like the one lego has come out with but I don't own any yet but I like my little white ones.

I enjoy creating the backstories. Who knows maybe Dorlin and Broslin will appear in another MOC in Circardia at some point. ;)