Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

REVIEW: 9491 Geonosian Cannon

Rate the set  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like it?

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Lucky me, I managed to score all the wave but the JSF and Y-Wing. Seeing as Mutley beat me to reviewing the smallest sets :tongue: , I'll review this in detail and the rest lightly. It takes too much time doing in depth reviews and I have other things more important going on. :sceptic: Anyway...

Overview:

Some nice new box art. It works better than I thought.

37.jpg

38.jpg

The back shows possible storylines and the play functions of the set...

39.jpg

Inside...

Just two numbered bags, and a new type of plastic and casing for the wings. Nice stuff, and the wings themselves are very well detailed.

40.jpg

41.jpg

The instructions have a little comic at the back. Neat detail. :thumbup:

50.jpg

The Figures:

All new, if you go by the Bricklink system.

42.jpg

The Geonosians are beautiful, except for their heads. Those are just revolting. Not to mention those excuses for sonic weapons! The old megaphone with a stud on the end works better! :sick::wall::enough::ugh: I hate those things with a passion. Why not recolour and add printing to the old design?! :facepalm: Ack. /rant

43.jpg

Barriss and Gree are also nice. I prefer the non-CW Barriss head; this one looks like she's scared. Gree has some nice detailed printing, but sadly a normal Clone head. :sadnew:

44.jpg

45.jpg

The Cannon:

A pretty solid build, and not repetitive. It's quick for a build with such a variety of bricks. It works well.

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

The front, incomplete, in all its bulkiness!

49.jpg

Spares:

51.jpg

Fin!

01.jpg

All in all I recommend this set for any army builder/fan of the Clone Wars. Not only are the figures lovely, but the set itself is really good. The only things are the ghastly Geonosian heads/guns and lack of printing detail on the cannon.

So I give it an 8/10.

If you have any queries about the other sets I have, I can post replies with pictures here when I can. :classic:

Thanks for the great review! I also picked this set up and I hope to get time to build it tonight.

The figs are all very good but as I have been saying since the pictures first showed the Geonosian Zombie it's a fig I would have rather not had. Give me 2 warrior figs anyday! The cannon looks cool and a marked improvement over the one from the old Geonosian Fighter set. £20 ,not bad at all. When the 3 for 2 deals hit , I will be going mad for this one! :laugh:

Thanks for your take on this set ' Jammiedodger ', actually I like those sonic blasters that those Geonosians are carrying....gives it classic sci-fi cred ! :grin:

The figures is what the set is all about, though that cannon is a sweet sonic weapon eh ? (but again I'll say it, laser bolts don't come from a sonic cannon :wacko: )

Thanks again ' Jammiedodger' for taking the time to do this review.....Brick On Review On ! :classic:

It is interesting that it seems that LEGO has broken up the old Geonosian Starfighter into two sets, this and the new Starfighter. That being said, I think the new designs are a great improvement, as well as the seletion of the figures.

This is my favorite set from the new wave though the Jedi Starfighter is close too. All the figs are great and the cannon model looks good too. I can't wait to put my hands on this in the US.

Thank you for your review. I can't believe it's taken this long for LEGO to finally make Commander Gree. I'm glad he's finally here. I will pick this set up when I find it at the right price.

SW AFOL have really been treated with plenty reviews this week, thx for another great review, still thinking about whether to stack this set for geos hmm :sceptic:

The mini comic is absolutely cool. Baris Offee has really big eyes, I wonder if that is intentional or not. lol.

Quite nice set :classic:

The sonic cannon is well done, and personally I find the new geonosian guns beautiful guns (but maybe too heavy for the character :sceptic: )

Barris is ugly, she seems to have a mustachese :devil:

I really can't buy this set that is too expensive.

The cannon is like nothing on earth. I would have expected it could rotate. The geonosians are cool though, but not enough to justify the price.

Deifinite multiples of this for me. My nonexistent Geonosian army needs building for when CB: AotC comes around. Not in love with Bariss, but she'll match my Luminara, so I'm not complaining. Recolours of the hood piece are always welcome as well. Also, I would like to say Thanks a LOT to TLG, they released the first pictures of this set MINUTES after the paint dried on my custom Gree! :angry: