Sign in to follow this  
F0NIX

MOD: 7848-1: Toys R Us City Truck

indexed.gif V-LC-14B

Not sure if this post have to go in the Technic or Town area, but since it is about City Truck I'll try here first :)

This is a modification (MOD) that is not about the look. Tried to keep the look on the Truck as close as possible to the original set. But it has got some internal modifications. This is version 1 of 2. See also the next thread about the mod of the 3221 truck.

This version was first built before a Brikkelauget meeting some month ago. There I was showing them the prototype. The only modification I have done later is lower the IR-receiver so it is flush with the roof of the trailer. I have also fixed the steering so it works a bit better now.

Here is the original set 7848.

Pictures says more than 1000 words, so here is some pictures of the thing: (click on the images to see larger versions)

6583003239_5051b533f9_m.jpg 6583049801_898da38d19_m.jpg 6583017565_266e0ef5d0_m.jpg 6583023443_a16736b8da_m.jpg

More pictures can be found here.

Here is two videos of the truck in action:

(Sorry for the dark videos, but I have not figured out how I can adjust that. I'm using an iPhone for recording.)

Edited by Phred

Very clever idea 'F0NIX', actually it's the work of a genius.....Lego should design this feature into a few of their sets as an option. :wink:

Brick On Truck On 'F0NIX' ! :grin:

Lego should design this feature into a few of their sets as an option. :wink:

I agree. The trailer is the perfect space to hide the mechanics. Great job!

Not sure if this post have to go in the Technic or Town area, but since it is about City Truck I'll try here first :)

I believe this MOC should stay here in the town forum. It is a MF scale MOD of a City/Town Set.

Thank you for sharing and great work. :thumbup:

I believe this MOC should stay here in the town forum. It is a MF scale MOD of a City/Town Set.

Thank you for sharing and great work. :thumbup:

Thanx folks!

This was actually a very quick but fun build. I often visualize the problem and are solving most of them with bricks in my brain a long time before I start building. And this was a kind of eureka moment, but I think I got the idea of the steering from someone else. The thing I plundered most with was the positioning of the IR-receiver. I finally had to redo the gearing for the steering to get the IR-receiver low enough...

The main idea was to have some LEGO City cars that could drive around in the layout when we are having a big display with a big town. This is one of the first steps. Next is to get it smaller, hopefully down to a size of the van in the Vestas set. In that size it will also get a better turning radius...

:laugh: That is such a brutal steering method! Smart, but brutal just the same. I do like it though! Thanks for sharing.