MattTheLegoman

MOC: Modular Lord of the Rings in LDD

Just an idea popping up from the fact that we all would love for LEGO to make giant Lord of the Rings sets.

I propose a minifig scale modular Rivendell, and to start off here are a few designs from LEGO Digital Designer.

Download the LXFs and look at the models. Then post your own parts of Rivendell. To make it compatible just keep the bases a multiple of the 4x6 plate. And modules that need joining together have the technic brick and pin joining them. I have a very specific colour scheme that I use but don’t worry about being limited by it.

Brown – Earth Orange; Gold – Reddish Gold; Glass – Tr. Blue;Green – Earth Green; Stone – Dark, Med, Light Stone Grey; Dirt – Sand Yellow,Metallic Sand Yellow; Blue – Sand Blue, Earth Blue

Council of Elrond Module MtL

This module has been based on my old LEGO LotR set idea for the Council of Elrond. I will not include LDD minifigs as we will be seeing them soon for real.

module.

CouncilofElrondModuleMtL.png

Rivendell Pavilion Module MtL

Just a simple design, I would like to see better done on this one. The actual pavilion walkway will has bends/curves in it and a very fancy design for the roof, I wonder if that can be done?

RivendellPavilionModuleMtL.png

Rivendell Curved Module MtL

Perfectly Minifig sized and compact, this piece of Rivendell architecture is inspired by the front hall.

RivendellCurvedModuleMtL.png

Valley Cliff Module MtL

These can add height to the Rivendell Modules (although I still need to make its dimensions compatible with the Modules). The brick colours can be changed to make a simple waterfall.

ValleyCliffModuleMtL-1.png

Also as an extra here is the Grey Havens, based from LEGO Herorica game.

GreyHavensHerorica.png

These modules looks fantastic. :thumbup:

The colours are well-chosen and the details looks very well.

I would buy them all. ^^

I imagine a "Collectible Modular Series" including special elements/bricks for our LEGO brick builders (like me :grin: ).

Keep it up!

Elander

Edited by Elander

I'm not a die-hard fan, so I don't remember what everything looks like specifically, but those are impressive builds.

I can't wait to see more!

Great job here man..

Those curved parts on Rivendell look especially good ;)

Keep it up man.

Edited by Matej_Emperor

Minas Tirith looks great, it's nice to see the new brick bricks being used already. I'm interested to see how you handle the tiers.

Minas Tirith looks great, it's nice to see the new brick bricks being used already. I'm interested to see how you handle the tiers.

What tiers. Stairs are what I am scared of in this build.

I use 3D models from Battle for Middle Earth Worldbuilder, to make the designs obsessively accurate.

These are all quite nice. I particularly enjoy the stairs for the council seats; and the walls of Minith Tirith have me in quite a salivating state. :drool:

That could have just been the Council of Elrond and I would have been suitably impressed with the simplicity and style of the design. I love the curved hall and the walkway, and the Greyhavens was a classy closer!

The only downside of this project is the price! Are you going to be able to actually order this, or are you just going to be content with having a virtual model?

Either way, I am duly impressed! It looks perfect.