Sign in to follow this  
iguana

Henri & Edmond - Copyright

@Leg Godt Gud

We didn't build all the city, in fact we built different sets for each scenes : house exterior/interior, firehouse exterior/interior, street etc… depending on what was necessary in the screenplay.

…And by the way : Happy New Year ! =)

Thank you for the info. I figured thats what you did to cut down on production time and space needed. I hope you all plan to make another film someday!

Happy New Year default_classic.gif

Hello,

Thanks for this great movie !

I watched it entirely and will again for sure !

I hope you can reach a broad audience : this movie should be played on TV and theaters ! (although the real copyright mafia may prevent this from happening :-( !)

Encore bravo, on en redemande :-) !

Wow. Sorry I can't add more. Just wow.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Both films are really amazing.

Nothing more to add. I just loved them!

Captain Becker

Amazing! The animation is perfect, the story is funny, mind blowing!!!

When I think about how bad was my 20 seconds stop motion lego technic animation... I just can't imagine the hard work you've done for this wonderfull movie!!!

This is by far the best brick film I have ever seen. Wow. I am in awe.

Would you be so kind as to tell us about the equipment and software you used?

What kind of camera? What kind of lenses? What software?

Absolutely brilliant. You can certainly see the hard work that went in to this. I have just restarted animating as a hobby, and this level of quality is certainly something to aspire to. Congratulations!

This is by far the best brick film I have ever seen. Wow. I am in awe.

Would you be so kind as to tell us about the equipment and software you used?

What kind of camera? What kind of lenses? What software?

I used a Nikon D90 with a MicroNikkor lens.

I didn't use any animation software... only applied maths in order to know how much picture for each line.

The movie was compiled and edited with Final Cut Pro on a MacBook. I think the sound engineer used ProTools for the sound design. =)

I used a Nikon D90 with a MicroNikkor lens.

I didn't use any animation software... only applied maths in order to know how much picture for each line.

The movie was compiled and edited with Final Cut Pro on a MacBook. I think the sound engineer used ProTools for the sound design. =)

I've scoured the Internet for everything you have written (in English) about your movie and watched the Behind-the-scene featurette several times. I understand you didn't use modern (digital) Nikon lenses but older lenses--it certainly appears that way in the featurette. I assume you used lenses with a manual aperture ring to prevent the flicker problem associated with lenses that have an automatic iris. Could you please tell *exactly* which Nikon lenses you used to make this movie?

Also, did you buy your gooseneck LED lamps at IKEA? After watching the featurette I went to IKEA and bought two to try out.

Thanks!

Edited by ok13

I've scoured the Internet for everything you have written (in English) about your movie and watched the Behind-the-scene featurette several times. I understand you didn't use modern (digital) Nikon lenses but older lenses--it certainly appears that way in the featurette. I assume you used lenses with a manual aperture ring to prevent the flicker problem associated with lenses that have an automatic iris. Could you please tell *exactly* which Nikon lenses you used to make this movie?

Also, did you buy your gooseneck LED lamps at IKEA? After watching the featurette I went to IKEA and bought two to try out.

Thanks!

I used lenses with manual aperture to avoid light flickers, as you mentioned. I think there was a MicroNikkor, a 35mm lens and a 20mm lens. And that's all. It's impossible to make something good with modern lenses whose aperture is controled by the camera. You have slight light flickers. Older, mechanical lenses are the best for stopmotion !

And Yeah, haha, I found those lamps at Ikea. Very useful, you can adjust your lights very easily. And I also had colored... hum... "paper" (can't find the right word) to put on the lamps, for the different ambiances. Some shots were really long to stage. For exemple, the sunset shot took 1 day to prepare (only the light, no shooting). I think we were completely mad to do such things. Anyway, good experience. :)

Hello Everybody !

Henri & Edmond are back, and they need your help ! :)

I'm planning to direct a new brickfilm with Henri & Edmond called Plastic Love. I've created a crowdfunding project on the European website Ulule (it's like Kickstarter). Please have a look at the page here, and feel free to contribute and talk about this project to your family, friends, colleagues... The more the information spreads, the more we can achieve our project. You can get DVDs of the film and CDs of the soundtrack, depending on your contribution ! =)

If we don't get the money before may 26th, the project is cancelled and all the money goes back to the contributors.

Please have a look at it, and make sure to visit Henri & Edmond facebook page here !

Cheers,

Maxime