65 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_101_23_281.gif

TLC this year have changed the Battle packs to include 2 factions in each BP to give kids a battle in the box. Also the part counts are back up to the same kind of levels we saw in the first BP. This means In the UK the price has gone up by £2 or 20% still to be confirmed if other countries will se a rise in price as well.

Price £12 (UK)

The Box is still the same size as the older BP (other new sets I have got are in the new smaller size :thumbup: )

img_4813.jpg

img_4815.jpg

The box has the just 2 bags like most BP. The range finders and visors are in their own bag in the large bag.

img_4792.jpg

The parts page. A very nice selection

img_4835.jpg

The small cartoon now in the instructions.

img_4851.jpg

Not many Minifigs have 7 building steps but the new Elite Clone does!

img_4816.jpg

img_4817.jpg

The minifigs of this set have been creating a real buzz around the web and they don't disappoint when you gwet you hands on them. :wub:

The Elite Clone Trooper is a real thing of beauty. I can't think of a better Star Wars fig to date.

img_4808.jpg

img_4844.jpg

The back pack is simple yet looks good.

img_4842.jpg

The new ARF I another nice fig with some great new helmet printing. I has been suggested that he part of Commander Wolf's Regiment

img_4807.jpg

img_4836.jpg

The new Commando Droids again very good figs with a great new head mold and nice printing. They are dark brown without the metalic hints we saw in preliminary shot which is a shame.

img_4819.jpg

img_4820.jpg

All the figs to show height differences.

img_4880.jpg

The set come with crazy amount of Dark red range finders and visors.

img_4821.jpg

The cannon has some great parts and it is nice to see Battle packs with a good part selection again.

img_4822.jpg

img_4825.jpg

The finished cannon is a good build with the now statutory flick fire missle.

img_4826.jpg

img_4829.jpg

img_4830.jpg

The left over parts.

img_4833.jpg

The finished set.

img_4831.jpg

I am really happy with this set even if it has meant a UK price hike. The minifigs are just fantastic with the Elite clone being one of the best ever produced in my humble opinion. The parts selection is also very good and means a few sets together will be much better than the limited part of the last BP's. I doubt I nead to tell many of you reading this that you nead this set but you do. A great set! :wub:

Edit: poll added :blush:

Excellent photo review of this set 'mutley777' and you are right on that minifig.....possibly the best SW minifig ever, so detailed and with great accessories too ! :wink:

Okay, so my arm is twisted I'll be buying one or more of these (well, at least one set :blush: ). :wink:

Again thanks for taking the time to review it for us 'mutley777'. :classic:

Thanks for this very early and informative review Mutley! The price hike is a little disappointing but I do think these still offer good value for money. The elite clone trooper is indeed an impressive figure and its nice that it comes in a very affordable set. The supporting model is also better than some and I can imagine a few of these gun turrets would be useful to army builders. I'm in two minds about the move to two separate factions in a single set. On the one hand I think its better for children as it enables them to have a battle straight out of the box but for army builders I think it could lead to having a lot of figures they don't necessarily want. Personally I'm more interested in the clone troopers than the battledroids and I'm not sure I'd have much use for the commando droids. Others may have a different perspective.

Thanks for the comments guys. As for the 2 facttions in each set it works for me in this one more than the endor one (will try to get a review up later today).

The droids always outnumber the clones in battle, so even if I buy the 40 sets of this I am intending to then 80 commando droids will be fine. :laugh:

You lucky dog. Wish I could find this. :tongue: The set looks just as good as I thought it would be. Can't wait to put my hands on it!

I missed the small cartoon printed in the back of the instruction manual. I will add a picture to the review later. :blush:

Edit: now done. :sweet:

stupid question what is the difference between elite trooper and arc trooper.?

None. TLG just called the ARC an Elite Trooper instead of the accurate name. :hmpf_bad:

Nice review mutley777, I can't wait to army-build with these! :sweet:

Wow, what a beautiful minifig. I wonder how long it will be until Darth Vader starts coming with a longer version of 4657869... (The black waist-cape thing)

I had my eyes on this for parts and the 'figs, because those come with excellent accessories and fabric-parts.

This nice review might give me the shove I need to pick this up, knowing that I still didn't get the 2-3 copies of the mandalo-whateveritwas-packs for their armour. Shame this is a licensed set. An equally sized in-house theme set coming with the piece selection of this here would be a dream come true, yet sadly... T___T.

Anyway, I appreciate the review, so thanks! :-)

Be well!

Cutty

These figs are some of the best I've ever seen from LEGO Star Wars :wub:

Thanks for this review!

Nice review. i don´t know were do you find this set. Here, in spain, we can get it ntil a month has gone.

Is this out now in the US?!? :drool: I must have this...

Well, there goes my plan of only buying a few new LEGO sets this year... :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Thanks for the review, mutley.

Personally, I don't find much to like for an OT fan such as myself in this set. The Dark Red limits the uses of the ARC, and I'd have not much use for the other figures.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Excellent review, I'm excited with how detailed these clones are getting.

I've never been a fan of droids, so a battle pack of all clones would suite me better, but you can't complain.

I just bought one now, and I have to agree that they are the best Clones I ever seen. Even commander Fox looses some of his details close to these new minifigures.

Only one definition for this set

A must have!

Cool set. I would have like to see a direct comparison of the size of a clone and a commando droid, the ARC with a red visor and a picture with Commander Fox wearing the new visor and the new kama :)

thx for the review mutley, i find the face part of the elite trooper a lil on the 'flat' side lacking some detail, the arc looks great though, not a huge CW fan but will probably pick a set up anyways

great review! thanks for doing it, they did include a lot visors and range finders :laugh::wub:

Hmm, as I thought. The Commando Droids are somewhere between dark grey and bronze, both of which we've been seeing in pictures. I would have preferred either of them, but oh well...

Still a little annoyed by the fabric parts, but the figures are still great. :classic:

Edited by Delta 38