Sign in to follow this  
Captain Heineken

Volcano Island Outpost

[pid][/pid]196C

Ahoy,

Christmas time is building time. So I did a small MOC for my Bluecoats. As you can see, I was inspired by 6265 Sabre Island.

Captain Heureux and two soldiers were left behind on this tiny island. Unfortunately their boat was swept away. Well, at least they have alot of crabs to eat.

img_4453a.jpg

img_4465a.jpg

img_4460a.jpg

What do you think of it? Hope you like it.

"Raise your right hand if you like the French ... raise both hands if you are French."

Happy New Year to all of you!

Great looking little outpost 'Captain Heineken', it has that French feel to it.....plenty of white..little gold trim and a few blue coats to boot ! :pir-wink:

Viva La Company 'Camptain Heineken' and Brick On ! :pir-wink:

Maybe the crabs get to eat :pir_laugh2:

Nicely done, I like the swords on the tower, they make a nice reference to sabre island.

They are missing a big palmtree though.

Nice fleshies settings, and the use of newer colours to have a refreshing take on the classic Sabre Island. I can see the lineage in the design!

I like it!

the circular rocks give it a nice feel. the white tan and gold go really nicely together. Great job!

This is a nice one, I can indeed see the influence of Sabre Island in here, but with new flavours. :pir-sweet:

I like the rocky shore and the detailed building. Dark red crabs? I should get a few too!

Very nice outpost! It looks kinda like a mixture of classic bluecoat sets and the latest Pirates of the Caribbean stuff (the island itself somehow reminds me of the Isla De La Muerta set).

A white scabbard??? This is amazing!pirate_tong.gif Great work my friend!

And from a photographer's standpoint, try to get all natural light (the sun, indirect lamps, etc.) out of the photo. I suggest going to spacepir-vader.gif the catacombsjollyroger.gif or a cemetery at nightpirate_cry4.gif to get a good photo! If you cant access one of those, try to keep all lamps off or take the photo in a dark room with no windows(a bathroom, a closet, a hallway)

Great job though!

Edited by JWSLegoMaster