Eskallon

What did you get this year?

Hiya everyone,

First off I hope you all had a great Christmas filled with fun and joy and well since all the other forums already have a topic like this, I suppose its time for us to have one too. A place where you can share your lucky (or not so lucky) hauls. So come share your stories and presses' with us here, or if you dont celebrate christmas then feel free to share with us a little summary of what you did yesterday.

I will start it off, this year I received the amazing game Assassins Creed Revelations :wub: and was given money to spend on Tuesday when we go out shopping to West-fields. Not a bad haul and I got what I wanted and I look forward to going shopping soon. Today was spent relaxing with the family and eating Christmas dinner, that is until I ate too much rubbish afterwards. Feeling sick I go and decide to lie down in what happened to be dog puke :wall: Then going to my own room and spending an hour playing Half Life 2. :dhappy:

Edited by Eskallon

I got an LED Samsung monitor, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition, Skyrim, Toblerone, Ferro Rocher, and The Quantum Universe. Pretty good Christmas. :classic:

For non-Lego stuff, I got a camera, a book, and two gift cards. The rest was Lego. I got Winter Village Post Office, Fortaan Castle, PQ battle pack, LED minifig key chain, DK Harry Potter book, and DK Lego Ideas book.

I got a watch, movie gift card, 5887 Dino Defense HQ and 5886 T-Rex Hunter.

We typically go to my cousins for Christmas, but they went to visit their daughter. So, my dad and I went to see Sherlock Holmes, on the recommendation of my mother. She likes the peace and quiet. :grin:

Edited by Legocrazy81

I got this set from my father in law, I primarily only collect Pirates and Star Wars but he's not really an involved family member if you know what I mean, BUT I love getting random LEGO because then I get parts that I would have never originally decided to buy. Oh, he also gave me a hundred bucks which will be heading towards the Black Pearl, once it's back in stores. My local Target was cleaned out of literally almost all LEGO.

7051-1.jpg?1

Most of my Christmas was comprised of a computer, but I received my 4 four Series 5 figures as well! Zookeeper, Snowboarder, Graduate, Aerobics Lady. Between them, I've doubled the number of yellow headed females in my collection. Literally.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! My Lego haul consisted of these (so far):

10220-1.jpg

8043-1.jpg

8109-1.jpg

8303-1.jpg

8304-1.jpg

5761-1.jpg

30071-1.jpg

1807-1.jpg

10068-1.jpg

5621-1.jpg

852468-1.jpg

852984-1.jpg

And for my wife :wink:

852743-1.jpg

I must say the Camper was one of the best builds I've had in a long time and I think it has climbed right to the top of my favorite list.

Also my Christmas will continue in January when I get my hands on some Series 6 figs! :sweet:

Have a good New Year everyone!

Edited by legomaniac83

I got a new sigma flash for my SLR - something that will be of use to me professionally; A small lego set of random bricks, a door, some wheels, a window and a couple of mini figs and a book of various hints and tricks for MOCs.

I got MBW a couple of DVDs and an MP3 player. Since she's not an AFOL, she dibbed out.

I got a new computer on Boxing Day, no LEGO related items though. I did get some cash, which I will be spending on LEGO. :sweet:

Edited by Legobrandon

I got two AC Tripod Invaders, one from my family's gift exchange and one from my wife's family's exchange. I also got Draida Bay, a BrickForge sheep and a BrickForge acoustic guitar.

Using everything, I'm tempted to make a large six-legged monstrosity manned by tiny orcs chasing a sheep who plays a guitar.

I had a pretty good haul, in terms of Lego and overall this year:

Non Lego:

• 1TB external hard drive.
  • Ski bag.

Lego:

• MMV, which I've been wanting for a long while.
  • The entire Prince of Persia range. Apparently my mum found them together fairly cheap on e-bay so snaffled them up. Used most of the pieces in a MOC already. :D
  • £40 Lego Gift card. Not sure what I'm going to spend it on yet, may well go towards one of the modular buildings.

All in all I couldn't have asked for anything better. Considering that I didn't ask for anything at all I thought this was a pretty awesome turn of events.

Non-Lego wise I got Portal 2 and Terraria during Steam Sales, and I'm getting a bathroom remodel.

Lego-wise my biggest two things were 10231 Shuttle Expedition and 5892 Sonic Boom.

Rufus's review made me want that second set, and a good decision it was. It looks beautiful sitting on my bookshelf, looking as though it will ram into The Burrow.

Planning on buying as much of the new Hero Factory sets as I can with all the money I got! :wink:

Unfortunately I didn't receive any Lego from family this Christmas but, I did get Forza 4 and a laptop cooling lap pad... if that makes sense. I did however buy the truck from 7645 Harbor and the utility vehicle and cargo lift from 7734 Cargo Plane default_classic.gif

No Lego but did receive Robotech the Complete Series on DVD. And my daughter made me a pair of pajamas.

Me? Here's the list:

3DS

DSi

PSP

Ninjago Turbo Shredder & Skull Truck

Cars Mack Team Truck

4 SW Battle Packs

SW Battle For Geonosis

Hero Factory complete 2nd & 3rd wave, minus titans.

Hero Factory Dropship

HP Hogwarts

A subscription to the LEGO Club Magazine.

Pretty good haul, I think. :classic:

I got:

10220 VW Camper

7066 Earth Defense HQ

4193 London Escape

10231 Shuttle Expedition

8110 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U 400

5770 Lighthouse Island

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Overall a good haul this year...

3DS

DSi

PSP

What on earth, all 3 handheld consoles and 2 are the same type... *huh*

What on earth, all 3 handheld consoles and 2 are the same type... *huh*

What can I say? I'm a hardcore gamer. :grin:

Also, I already had the console versions of the PlayStation and the Nintendo.

Edited by Darth Nihilus