Sign in to follow this  
AlexScammer

Review: 6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Thanks for the review. Looks like a fun set with a lot of play and display value. The price is also decent with a good mix of minifigures. However, I find that batcycle incredibly lame. I am really scratching my head about it and wondering how that design got approved for release. Looks very unfinished and something a kid would build with his spare parts bin. I would seriously knock the design score down a peg just for the batcycle alone.

I am pretty sure this is the wrong review you are answering to.

Thanks for the great review :thumbup: .I Have just taken delivery of all the new Batman sets and in my opinion the quality of some of the minifigures is not quite good enough I'm afraid. I'm particularly disappointed with the face print quality on my two-face figure. It is very very faded and almost looks like a counterfeit! The torso of the black Batman in this set is also faded. I have several of all the Batman figures including one of the SDCC ones and it doesn't compare too well to any of those. I'm just finishing this set off then I've the Batwing to build and check the figures, then I'll be dropping Lego customer services a line. I do hope this isn't the shape of things to come because in the past I've always been delighted with my purchases from Lego and have getting on for 1000 minifigures, mostly licenced and it's the first time I've come across this problem. On the positive side, I'm delighted to see the Batman line return, I do like the sets and I'm sure Lego will help and I will report back if anyone is interested. :classic:

I am sure this batman is not too bad.

Thanks for a really good review! :thumbup: This set was at the top of my list of things to buy and, quelle surprise, as soon as I had enough in my account post-Xmas, it's out of stock on S@H. So looks like I'm gonna be left in the lurch with this one for a while...

Thanks. That's really sad they were outstocked.

I'm really looking to opening all the new DC kits which are happily sitting on my shelf when I finish my next animation. Thanks for the review. This set looks awesome

Top review i have to say i like this set and it must be good as my wife purchased the set and its her first set.Shes a massive batman fan and only got it for the mini figures but has spent about a hour making it.One thing i noticed about the set as i only buy the starwars sets is i was suprised how much more for your money you get in this set over a £39.99 stawars set.Any way there are loads of these in toys r us so get down there and get yourself one.

Nice review! :thumbup:

I bought the set with 6862 on the Thursday after Christmas. It's a really nice set. But my Wonder Woman minifigure's front torso is faded and smudged. There really seems to be a problem with the minifigure quality in this theme so far. I'm planning to buy Catwoman Catcycle City Chase next (Try saying that 5 times fast! :laugh: ).

bit of a late reply, but just want ot thankyou for the excellent review and for being the first one to bring my attention to the awesome new DC sets coming this year that intend to drain my wallet. The slightly different face pronts and suit designs are fantastic, and how I've yearned for a riddler Bowler hat!

This is definitely going on the 'to-buy' list, and it'll be great to have a starting inspiration and pieces for my inevitable villain lair I create.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Sorry to bump an older thread. I was looking for this kit today, I couldn't find it at Target Walmart or ToysRus. Is it already out of print? Is it an exclusive somewhere else?

You're not gonna find it at Target or Wal-Mart. It is a Toys R Us exclusive.

And it is still available. If you can't find it, you might want to ask at the front.

The set just came out, it will be around for a few more months at least.

You're not gonna find it at Target or Wal-Mart. It is a Toys R Us exclusive.

And it is still available. If you can't find it, you might want to ask at the front.

The set just came out, it will be around for a few more months at least.

Well this makes sense, so far I have seen every DC set in the shops except this one and our local TRU haven't stocked an DC stuff yet :sceptic:

Just got this yesterday, and what surprised me is, oddly enough, the Batpod /cycle thing in Bag 1. There's something about every image I've seen of it, that just failed to do it justice. Now that I have built and held the vehicle in my hand, it's pretty great! A bit oversized, and kind of boxy, but it does look really cool and has a Dark Knight-era Batman feel to it. Plus the set supplies an extra navy blue cheese wedge that REALLY looks good on the stud just in front of the handlebars, which I'd suggest to anyone.

Now, whether or not this vehicle fits in with the 60's TV show aesthetics of the Funhouse is another story... but all in all a FANTASTIC set!