Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Glevum

In the heart of the woodlands of Avalonia lies Gruven, a small large city in Avalonia

6544410613_1d14612227.jpg

Gruven is a small city not far from the capital in Glevum. it is bustling with Humans and Halflings (dwarves and Hobbits). it lies above the richest gold mine in Avalonia, the great mine Gruven, which is what supplies Avalonia with most of its wealth. It is a very popular trade city due to the trade route, the river and the cities riches. The land provides for its inhabitants and is safe.

6907788445_ba1babc0a8_z.jpg

Glevum belongs to Lord Legonardo of Glevum, the protector of the prosperous land that Glevum is.

6690939129_4cb46c2d36_z.jpg

1 - gatehouse

2 - market square

3 - the mines of Gruven

4 - goldsmith

5 - mill

6 - farm

7 - inn

8 - baker

9 - butcher

10 - brewery

11 - stables

12 - wall tower

13 - watchtower - guild challenge 1

14 - barracks

15 - archery range

16 - joust

17 - fisherman's house

18 - Gallows

19 - Mitgardia embassy by Jakon

Every time I create a MOC for the land I will update the map and post the link to the official topic and post the MOC here.

I have a large list of MOCs to start with, although I can't start them till February as I'm away and moving houses

Merry Christmas EBs!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Looking good but I´ve to say that your city will be the biggest in all of Avalonia... :wink: Not even Albion can measure in size. I thought that Glevum was a county or land in the guild of Avalonia, not a city.. :classic:

13: Watchtower

My watchtower for the guild Avalonia.

6575001569_42f385dee6_z.jpg

more at My Flickr

Although small in size much can be seen from the Golden watchtower. Its view covers the whole of the mining area in avaloia, providing the Great western Paradise most of its wealth. This is my first medieval build and i hope it meets everyone's standards. the tower would be taller but I fell short of parts.

thanks to De Gothia for his awesome banner design and our guild leader for his awesome techniques.

Looking good but I´ve to say that your city will be the biggest in all of Avalonia... :wink: Not even Albion can measure in size. I thought that Glevum was a county or land in the guild of Avalonia, not a city.. :classic:

We are allowed cities right? (I hope so)

as for the size I could easily downsize it, I didn't realize it was so big!

Of course you can build cities!! :classic: My comment was to the fact that all of your land was meant to be a city :wink:

The tower is really nice as I said before! Great job!

I think de Gothia is trying to say if the area marked as Glevum was a region and not just one city. If it were all one big city it would be way bigger than the capital and not what you are intending. Maybe your lands/area should be named Glevum, but your town could have another name and simply be located inside Glevum. Maybe a name like Glevumville or Glevumia or something completely different sounding. That way,if this was a farm or something outside the city can still be named "Glevum farm".

EDIT: Or the city could be called Glevum and the area could also be called Glevum but I think the size of the city of Glevum need only be represented as an X on the map so it is better scaled.

Just to clarify things this is the size of the city (the light gray)

6575167815_ac55afe640_m.jpg

I think de Gothia is trying to say if the area marked as Glevum was a region and not just one city. If it were all one big city it would be way bigger than the capital and not what you are intending. Maybe your lands/area should be named Glevum, but your town could have another name and simply be located inside Glevum. Maybe a name like Glevumville or Glevumia or something completely different sounding. That way,if this was a farm or something outside the city can still be named "Glevum farm".

EDIT: Or the city could be called Glevum and the area could also be called Glevum but I think the size of the city of Glevum need only be represented as an X on the map so it is better scaled.

Ok I get the idea I think what I'll do is make the entire city Gruven and keep the area Glevum.

sorry for all the trouble.

Ok I get the idea I think what I'll do is make the entire city Gruven and keep the area Glevum.

sorry for all the trouble.

Might still be a little large, but we get the idea, the city is along the road in Glevum and it is called Gruven. Good call! I look forward to seeing it develop!

Just to announce it here as well, I accept your fine offer, and soon I will be sending my envoys to arrange with you the location where we could settle.

Best regards

Edited by Hexx

Welcome, neighbor! Darwynia's gates are always open to your people, and should you wish to trade, Lord Kelperth shall send an envoy to Glevum straight away!

Just to announce it here as well, I accept your fine offer, and soon I will be sending my envoys to arrange with you the location where we could settle.

Best regards

Great! you mentioned that your embassy will be a house of trade, will you have lava lamps? I'm eager to get my hands on one :wink:

May my embassy be in the upper left part of the town square? Also, if your city ever comes under attack, your citizens are welcome to shelter in our embassy.

May my embassy be in the upper left part of the town square? Also, if your city ever comes under attack, your citizens are welcome to shelter in our embassy.

Sure thing, I've added you on the map :classic:

Sure thing, I've added you on the map :classic:

Danke, and many thanks for allowing my people in your city, be sure to swing by to pick up some Dwarven Black steel, or maybe some Norse mead eh?

18: Gallows

6854577319_139d4bacf1_z.jpg

We in Glevum aren't very fond of torture, but punishments must be dealt to those who need them.

This is for the Lord High Executioner title in Avalonia