Yawgmoth

Starting the design of Queen Anne's Revenge

Oh, Yawgmoth, make sure the ship has rigging for every mast, that there is both a square and triangular sail at the rear mast, that both front masts have crows nests, and try to make a skeleton minifig figurehead! (if any of this is possible)

Just use your imagination that there are more cannons. :pir-tongue: It looks like a lot of people will be having QAR projects, since I plan on making mine like the historical QAR, which I have the blueprints for.

That last one is with the Redbeard Runner, correct? Wow, really shows how mighty the QAR is.

wow! u have the historical QAR blueprints? how nice! where did u find those? may u share em ? i would love to take a peek at those :P

its the renegade runner, the smaller of all ships, still it was my childhood's eternal companion in all my ship battles and pillages! loved that set, alongside with the skull island :) it almost makes me drop a tear only to remember those times :,D ... its a shame i was kind of too young to take proper care of my legos, that and i had 3 younger brothers that loved to bite my bricks xD.. but well, after 17 years of this set to be in my hands, its in a pretty good shape i gotta say xD

Oh, Yawgmoth, make sure the ship has rigging for every mast, that there is both a square and triangular sail at the rear mast, that both front masts have crows nests, and try to make a skeleton minifig figurehead! (if any of this is possible)

masts and rigging i guess would be the last thing im gonna build.. im also aware of thos riggings, but theres no triangular long rigging, just redish brown...the black one is rectangular :/ .. but theres a small black triangular one :D .. also im planning on doing the sails as follows: 1 small one on the bow, alongside with a triangular one, then the 1st mast with 3 sails, then 2 triangular ones between 1st and second masts, .. (got no idea what their names are xD) then 3 on the second mast.. and lastly 1 triangular on the last, with the smaller one on top that u mentioned earlier :)

the skeleton figurehead im gonna rob a cool idea i saw on one moc, the only thing i liked from it i gotta admit xD.. it was soo well done and detailed.. that would be work for tomorrow i guess :)

wow! u have the historical QAR blueprints? how nice! where did u find those? may u share em ? i would love to take a peek at those :P

its the renegade runner, the smaller of all ships, still it was my childhood's eternal companion in all my ship battles and pillages! loved that set, alongside with the skull island :) it almost makes me drop a tear only to remember those times :,D ... its a shame i was kind of too young to take proper care of my legos, that and i had 3 younger brothers that loved to bite my bricks xD.. but well, after 17 years of this set to be in my hands, its in a pretty good shape i gotta say xD

Yep, from a book, all strictly based on the actual ship, and it has every detail, even down to how the figurehead had fallen off by the time Blackbeard owned it, when it was French and named the Concorde. I think if I scanned them it'd be a violation of copyrights by the publisher of the book, but I'll take a picture tomorrow with other stuff in the photo. I'm sneaky. :pir_laugh2: Full color, too.

I wish I had collected the old sets. :pir_bawling: I didn't discover how great LEGO was until my childhood was almost over...

Edited by Napoleon53

@Yawgmoth Wow! Good thinking on actually staying to historical records and adding triangular sails between the masts and a square sail at the bowsprit. LEGO never really checks that much on design...

Also, the names of the masts are as follows;

The angled, short mast at the VERY front is the bowsprit

the first real mast is the foremast

the middle mast is the main-mast

the rear mast is the mizzen mast,

Just a nautical tip! :wink:

Oh, where are you going to get the sails? Are you going to order QAR sails, or make them from cloth...what?

And a bit of history on the real QAR; Made in England, called the Concorde, then was stolen by the french and named La Concorde de Nantes, then one of Blackbeard's previous captains (when Blackbeard was a mere pirate sailor) stole the ship off the French and gave it to Blackbeard, who named it Queen Anne's Revenge

Edited by Captain Blackbeard

I hope he makes a spritsail topmast, the small sail at the tip of the bowsprit. Those almost never made for some reason.

@Napoleon53

I believe he is including that sail. Couldn't be the QAR without, really.

@Yawgmoth, please make "my" desk cluttered, give "me" a bookshelf, and a nice view off the stern. In other words, include pre-mentioned things in captain's cabin. :pir_laugh2:

@Yawgmoth Wow! Good thinking on actually staying to historical records and adding triangular sails between the masts and a square sail at the bowsprit. LEGO never really checks that much on design...

Also, the names of the masts are as follows;

The angled, short mast at the VERY front is the bowsprit

the first real mast is the foremast

the middle mast is the main-mast

the rear mast is the mizzen mast,

Just a nautical tip! :wink:

Oh, where are you going to get the sails? Are you going to order QAR sails, or make them from cloth...what?

And a bit of history on the real QAR; Made in England, called the Concorde, then was stolen by the french and named La Concorde de Nantes, then one of Blackbeard's previous captains (when Blackbeard was a mere pirate sailor) stole the ship off the French and gave it to Blackbeard, who named it Queen Anne's Revenge

thanks for the tip! :pir-classic:

the sails are gonna be the ones from the lego set, im gonna buy the ones missing from bricklink, they are about $1 or so, not so expensive :pir-tongue:

I did some research a couple months ago about the historical ship, and read a lot from blackbeard, including his epic last battle against Maynard and his sloops, so interesting and exciting hehe.

@Napoleon53

I believe he is including that sail. Couldn't be the QAR without, really.

@Yawgmoth, please make "my" desk cluttered, give "me" a bookshelf, and a nice view off the stern. In other words, include pre-mentioned things in captain's cabin. :pir_laugh2:

im still missing the indoor decoration, furniture and eveything inside..imma do it after the stern castle is finished..but already got some ideas on what to install on the navigation room, and the captain's cabin,.. also the lower decks includes a jail, and a storage room.. got no space for any other room, but guess the ones listed are the only ones shown in the movie, so thats what im gonna build :pir-tongue: .. but im gonna build some nice interiors, for ur delight :pir-blush: wait for it :pir_laugh2:

I came to a point where, either continue with a lot of imperfections and inconsistencies, or start the stern castle all over again :/

Here some pics to show some issues:

Following pic shows some more details i added on decks, curving things and I dont know, some other stuff that I can't remember at the moment.

LDDScreenShot57.png

In the last pic you could realize where the maze begins hehe, a one with no exits. First i started to build some really nice details on the captain's cabin walls, (and I know it's not right that I admit it, but it can't be helped, these walls were so beautiful), based on this:

OriginalDetalles1.jpg

Everything was going wonderful, when suddenly, for some reason I realized something was missing, and a second later I understood that there was no stairs from the cabin to the upper part of the stern, where the steering wheel is located. After hours of figuring out how to install both the wall details and the stairs in a so reduced space, i couldn't do better than this:

LDDScreenShot58.png

Theres also other things to concern about, but I guess tomorrow I'll be thinking on something to fix them, or to improve the actual desing, before deciding to just scrap all and start building again, which something very inside of me tells me it's the correct way to fix the flaws of design.

LDDScreenShot60.png

Last pic of a complicated inconsistency.. I already got couple of ideas on how to fix almost everything, but it will be a work for tomorrow, so, for now, good night :)

Edited by Yawgmoth

Finally I came up with an idea to fix many problem at once :pir_laugh2:

The pics:

LDDScreenShot61.png

LDDScreenShot62.png

LDDScreenShot63.png

LDDScreenShot64.png

LDDScreenShot65.png

There's something that bugs me thought, in the original design, the folds of cloth made of wood that are over the spears seems a little like a roof on my design hehe, hope I can fix that working over them, but so far it was the only idea I had to build that part :P I do not really like how they did it on the Lego design 4195 QAR, but if any of you have any better idea, I'm all ears :)

Until the next update!

Very nice, I wasn't very fond of it in the beginning but you convinced me when the I saw the angled sides of the cabin.

I do have a suggestion though, the windows on the stern seem so big, wouldn't it be nicer if you replaced them by smaller 2x2 windows ?

She's marvelous! Perhaps you might want to tone down on the amount of red on the roofing, but she's looking amazing! Downside; this thing will take ages to build if you get the pieces

Woooowwww, that is one of the niftiest cabins I've seen.

@Blackbeard: No, the downside is that it will cost hundreds of dollars. :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Napoleon53

@Napoleon

mmm. Beauty doth come at a hefty price. So much time and so much money. But the designs are sound, LEGO should've consulted with Yawgmoth before releasing QAR. My QAR set looks rather pitiful compared to what Yawgmoth is working on.

Keep up the amazing work, Yawgmoth!

Very nice, I wasn't very fond of it in the beginning but you convinced me when the I saw the angled sides of the cabin.

I do have a suggestion though, the windows on the stern seem so big, wouldn't it be nicer if you replaced them by smaller 2x2 windows ?

Yeah, I was thinking on that touch for the windows, but I didn't tried it until you actually suggested it, and indeed they look way better! thanks for the advice, and for your comment, as I said in the first post, I'm just a little newbie, but I like to think that everyone has something to teach me, and I gladly take suggestions so I can improve my skills and techniques :)

She's marvelous! Perhaps you might want to tone down on the amount of red on the roofing, but she's looking amazing! Downside; this thing will take ages to build if you get the pieces

What will take ages would be LDD generating the instructions hehe, and yeah, I guess something looks weird on the roofing thing, maybe everything .. I got to think on something to fix that, at least I'm little by little finishing it :pir_laugh2:

Btw, i got an update for today:

LDDScreenShot66.png

LDDScreenShot67.png

LDDScreenShot68.png

LDDScreenShot69.png

LDDScreenShot70.png

LDDScreenShot72.png

LDDScreenShot73.png

LDDScreenShot74.png

Night~

@Napoleon

mmm. Beauty doth come at a hefty price. So much time and so much money. But the designs are sound, LEGO should've consulted with Yawgmoth before releasing QAR. My QAR set looks rather pitiful compared to what Yawgmoth is working on.

Keep up the amazing work, Yawgmoth!

Thanks! I really appreciate it. :pir-blush:

And yeah, my wallet is already screaming on the mere thought of buying all this xD .. that's why I want to be sure every piece will be used properly, doesn't matter if I have to rebuild some parts or even all.

Btw! you mentioned had your own set, may I see it?

Thanks again for your comment :pir-sweet:

Edited by Yawgmoth

@Yawgmoth

Tis but the mere official LEGO set with some of my own tweaks to the captain's cabin. The problem is that I don't have any hull pieces, deep red pieces or some other parts, to make a bigger QAR. So depressing...

Today's update

LDDScreenShot75.png

LDDScreenShot76.png

LDDScreenShot77.png

LDDScreenShot78.png

LDDScreenShot79.png

Fixed one or two things..there's still more to fix and lots of details to add :)

Edited by Yawgmoth

pura vida!

impressive use of LDD.

sad to say that your ship has a lot of pieces in colors that doesn't match, But you can customize it (paint lego shoud be the last option).

I hope you can made it! :thumbup:

By Sea and Sky that thing is so big it's unholy. I love it!

BTW, what LDD are you using? Could you send me a link to somewhere where I could get it?

Nice bow railing, the skeletons are a great touch. The lanterns on the poop deck are only slightly smaller than the stern lantern on the official QAR.

I see you've also noticed just how big the stern lantern is suppost to be. That is, not very big.

Great work!

BTW, how do you get to the captain's cabin? Or can you not?

pura vida!

impressive use of LDD.

sad to say that your ship has a lot of pieces in colors that doesn't match, But you can customize it (paint lego shoud be the last option).

I hope you can made it! :thumbup:

Yeah! but that's just something that I would need to fix when everything is done and I decide to actually buy the pieces :P

Hope I can make it too!..this is one of the 3 projects set for this year :pir-tongue:

By Sea and Sky that thing is so big it's unholy. I love it!

BTW, what LDD are you using? Could you send me a link to somewhere where I could get it?

Nice bow railing, the skeletons are a great touch. The lanterns on the poop deck are only slightly smaller than the stern lantern on the official QAR.

I see you've also noticed just how big the stern lantern is suppost to be. That is, not very big.

Great work!

BTW, how do you get to the captain's cabin? Or can you not?

LDD 4.0, but yeah, you gotta unlock all the pieces with the extended mode.

The lanterns are just something to decorate, for the moment, havent seen how big or small they are in the real design, sometyhing to fix for later.

Theres some little stairs that gets you to the top of the stern, they aren't that noticeable, but they are there xD had little space to play with, I did the best I could, guess that'd be something to fix on the real model, when i actually build it in real life.

Yawgmoth, the thing I've noticed with adding a double ship's wheel is that the wheels are to far apart. What I suggest is using the kind of ring thing (the piece can be seen on the rearmost lanterns on the poop deck, on the base off the lanterns), and attaching hands, as in, minifig hands, around the rim, and have two of those. I saw that used in a MOC that I recently observed.

Yawgmoth, the thing I've noticed with adding a double ship's wheel is that the wheels are to far apart. What I suggest is using the kind of ring thing (the piece can be seen on the rearmost lanterns on the poop deck, on the base off the lanterns), and attaching hands, as in, minifig hands, around the rim, and have two of those. I saw that used in a MOC that I recently observed.

Can you upload an image to figure out what you were referring? I barely got what you were proposing..

Anyway, little update:

LDDScreenShot80.png

LDDScreenShot81.png

Just something made fast, gotta work more on other details, but that's what the big skeleton figure would be, more or less....maybe smaller, because this is way too big in proportions compared to the actual ship design.

Edited by Yawgmoth