Personally, I'd love some 'origins' sets, small ones similar to 4851. They'd be a great, cheap way for TLG to explore a variety of locations and market cool characters at reasonable prices :wink:

I would like them to make a set that would come with a Tony Stark out of his suit. Like the scene in the trailer where he is conversing with Loki without his helmet at his bar.

I would like to see some sets based on the avengers individual films like captain America vs the red skull on the plane or ironman against whiplash with a wrecked formula one car and a rolls Royce with pepper pots. Another idea I would love to see explored would be the x-men's blackbird or the x-men mansion. It could include a danger room ceribro a couple dorms a hanger an out door fountain professor X's office a gym two class rooms and a dinning area with kitchen. It would be similar to how hogwarts was and would include Professor X, Jean Grey, Beast, Ice man, Jugganaunt, Shadow cat and Storm. The black bird would come with Cyclops, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Toad, Pyro,Rouge and Mystique. Lastly a set in a bar with Wolverine, Sabertooth Collosuss and the Blob.

I was thinking about how a second Marvel wave might go, and if I had my way I would make the next wave be all about the movies before the Avengers. If I were in charge of set development, here's what we'd be getting...

Bruce Banner's Lab - $12.99

2008's The Incredible Hulk is the least marketable of the MCU films, so it would probably be stuck with the smallest set. Figures are Bruce Banner, a guard, and the big Hulk fig (sorry, people who bought the Helicarrier, but that's the way it hypothetically goes), with the substance of the set as a small version lab where Banner is treated with radiation. Probably in the 60-70 piece range.

SHIELD Compound Battle - $19.99

Figures - Thor, Agent Coulson, big SHIELD guard, Jane Foster

The substance of the set would be a small control room with hallways leading off on either side, and a dirt-styled stand with a releasable Mjolnir in it. The hallways could be done up with clear plastic like in the movie, and a play feature could be added in where you can launch the SHIELD guard through the wall. Probably in the 170-200 piece range. (if the set were bigger, it would, of course, include Stan Lee in his pickup truck :tongue: ).

Captain America Plane vs. The HYDRA-Mobile - $39.99

Figures - Captain America (1940's version w/ coat-of-arms-shaped shield), Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, Red Skull, Arnim Zola.

The substance of the set is just what it sounds like - the plane that Steve has Howard fly him to the HYDRA base in, as well as an awesome, properly done version of the mighty HYDRA-Mobile. The two never meet in the movie, but hey, it's a set. Probably in the 350-420 pieces range.

Tony's Lab and Stark Industries Playset - $89.99-$99.99

Figures - Tony Stark (unsuited), Pepper Pots, James Rhodes, Nick Fury, Obadiah Stane, Mark I armor, Mark II Armor, Mark III armor.

Includes Tony's lab with his hot-rod, a display area for the three suits, his work area with the fire-extinguisher robot, and a little sitting area up above like in the movie, where Stane gives Tony Pizza and later paralyzes him. Possibly include a "suiting up" area. The other part of the set features a scaled-down Arc Reactor (possibly revive the X-pods part?) and surrounding structure, as well as part of Stane's evil lair and a brick-built Iron Monger suit. Probably around a thousand parts, and contains just about every LEGO-friendly thing you need to reenact the movie.

Spider-Man vs. Venom

Simply put, a battle between Spider-Man and Venom

Minifigs: Spider-Man, Venom (with Eddie Brock Reversable Face?)

Captain America's Breakout

Minifigs: Captain America, Bucky, Red Skull, the little Doctor guy, two Hydra soldiers, and a random American soldier.

(Based on the scene from the movie.)

I like those ideas especially the captain america one red skull would be awesome,i personally would like to see a spiderman 3 set perhaps the final battle at the construction site :sweet:

Abin Sur's ship from Green Lantern would make a good set. (Just ANY Green Lantern set, stop drowning us in Batman remakes TLG...)

They're going to continue to push Batman remakes because quite simply he sells better than most other superheroes (especially DC ones).

His main villains are by far the most recognisable to Kids and they want to recreate what they see in movies or cartoons or on games. Batman has a plethora of all of these unlike his DC counterparts.

I expect a lot of the next wave of superheroes to be aimed at Marvel franchises Spiderman and the X-Men. They both have had successful films, games and cartoons and also tick the box as far as recognizable villains go.

We need to state realistic ideas for future sets. This theme is in its infancy so they will release only established characters and scenes for the first few waves.

I think the most likely-to-be-released Marvel set out of all the ones proposed would be something along the lines of Tony Stark's lab. It's got robots, computers, armors, and would be able to include sellable minifigs at a low cost (Stane is bald, so no new mold, Pepper Potts can't be that hard to make... etc.) I wonder how they'd handle Rhodey, though. Would they put him in his Air Force uniform, or would that violate the "No Military" policy?

Abin Sur's ship from Green Lantern would make a good set. (Just ANY Green Lantern set, stop drowning us in Batman remakes TLG...)

They'll continue to bring out Batman as it simply sells. Did Green Lantern break even at the box office.? If it didn't I can't see TLG making too many GL sets based on what in my opinion was a very poor film. I think like WonderWoman he will be packaged with other sets.

I agree that Marvel sets will have some mega focus this year with 2 very big stable films due out.

Call me crazy, but I could see Lego just totally exploding through the X-men side of the Marvel deal.

Cerebro: A smaller $15-20 USD set featuring the Cerebro unit and chair, with Professor X, Emma Frost, and maybe a Brotherhood Mutant such as Mystique.

Sentinel Attack: $40-50 set with a brick-built Sentinel. Let's go Wolverine w/mask, Kitty Pryde & Lockheed, Nightcrawler and Rogue.

The Danger Room: $60-70 playset model featuring the X-men's training facility. I'd like to see them do an old-school team here, with the original Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Angel.

The Blackbird: The X-men's hypersonic jet, with Storm, Colossus, a modern Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, and a smaller vehicle featuring Brotherhood members Toad, Avalanche, and Sabretooth. $100 USD range.

Obviously we haven't even breached the mansion itself... but there's SO much potential for amazing X-sets. So exciting!!

from marvel:

the X-jet

a brick made sentinel feature atleast two x-men minifigs

ghost rider and his flame bike with a street corner set and a couple of baddies to stop maybe some bikers or something to keep the theme.

the fantasticar complete with the FF

from DC:

a phone box on a street corner with a gimmick that lets clark kent turn into superman.

anything green lantern. seriously just give us a car plane and have it made of green transparent blocks.

If the next wave in January 2013 is to be DC, and if there are going to be 5 sets plus one exclusive, I am hoping for some diversity. I will take 1-2 Batman sets, 1-2 Superman sets and 1-3 new sets that contain Flash and the Green Lantern or another new DC Hero not made yet. :drool:

I like those ideas especially the captain america one red skull would be awesome,i personally would like to see a spiderman 3 set perhaps the final battle at the construction site :sweet:

That's a run on sentence. In the future, please break it posts like this with the occasional period for easier reading. Also use proper capitalization.

I think they should make some sets based on the 1989 tim burton movie as that's an area they've never explored properly :cry_sad: .

£11.99: Batman's message: based on the first scene in the movie where batman fights the two thugs it should come with a section of the roof/balcony. It should include batman and the two thugs so the scene where batman "asks" the thugs to tell their friends about him this would be a good set as it is an iconic scene

£19.99: Batmobile escape: Based on the scene in the movie where batman and vicki vale are pursued through the streets by the joker's henchmen in their car. It should come with batman,vicki vale in (blue sweater) and two joker thugs both with purple team joker jackets one of them should have a sword holder and two swords and the other should have a classic pistol it should come with the purple and green joker car and tim burton style batmobile

£39.99: art gallery encounter:based on the scene where batman saves vicki from the joker in the art gallery the gallery should be a whole building small but detailed enough for the scene it should include the stairs up to the platform a few tables and a patterned floor it should also include the skylight which breaks away so batman can make his entrance. One of the side walls should be either removable or have an opening mechanism for play inside at the front the exterior should be two large dark green doors minifigs included should be joker(jack nicholson with beret)batman,vicki vale (in blue sweater) and two joker thugs (one of them being the joker's right hand man bob.they should both again have purple team joker jackets.

£59.99: Axis chemicals: the set should include the enterior of axis chemicals with the catwalk where batman confronts jack napier and have walls but one is missing so it is open at the front it should include jack napier,batman,comissioner gordon,one police officer,and two gangsters.Jack napier's head must be double sided so one side is a cocky grin and the other is where he has burns on his face before falling into the acid in the centre of the set there must be a large vat for napier to fall into and a fall away panel in the floor to send him into the acid.

£49.99: Batwing vs the joker's float: This set is based on the scene where batman in the batwing fires at the joker who is standing in front of the 200 year celebration float and shoots the batwing down with his extra long pistol.The set should include the 200 year anniversary float with all details it has and the batwing based on the 1989 batwing with a curved design not rectangular. minfigs should include batman,the joker(jack nicholson with purple fedora hat),two henchmen with (purple team joker jackets and normal pistols),reporter knox and vicki vale the joker should come with a new long pistol mould or a machine gun.

£99.99 Cathedral showdown: The Set should be based on batman and joker's final confrontation at gotham cathedral. The cathedral should be the exterior at the front but completely open(like hogwarts).The set should be tall and look like the cathedral.It should include the bottom level with a stained glass window and a few pews and stairs that lead up to the next level, which should also be stairs in a squarish arangement and should spiral upward to a trap door which leads to the final level, which is the belfry which should have a bell which swings back and forth if pushed and space for batman and joker's henchmen to fight. The Bell should be detachable and the section have a large hole in the floor where the bell or joker's henchman should be able to fall through.On this level there should be a small but wide balcony with two gargoyles and a small platform underneath/next to the balcony with a hook peice for vicki and batman to hang onto. It should have a detachable gargoyle and come with a rope to latch onto joker's foot so the gargoyle can pull him to his doom! It should also come with joker's helicopter with rope ladder and a rope/grapple for batman and vicki to dangle from when they fall off the cathedral.This would be an excellent playset as there would be a lot of play/dispay oportunities to be had.The set should come with batman who has some scars on his mouth,the Joker who should have a double sided face(one with where he has been injured by batman) and wearing glasses on that side and one where he has his normal smiling face he should come with his bang gun.,vicki vale in (white dress) three joker henchmen and commissioner gordon.

£149.99 Wayne manor and the Batcave playset this should have two large levels. The top being bruce wayne's mansion with two levels and assorted rooms and the second section should be the batcave also with two levels the front should show the exterior of the batcave so basically a mountinous type setup and wayne manor which should be a tan/brownish colour with windows and an opening front door.At the back it should be open apart from the side walls.The rooms in wayne manor should be as follows bottom floor the stair case leading up to the top floor with the silver closet which should provide the entrance to the batcave and be an elevator system that takes the user into the batcave a door that leads to the kitchen which is a small room with not much detail the other room on the left hand side as the staircase is the centre room should be the amoury where ther should be varous suits of armour and a mirror tile at the end.the next floor up should have the landing of which the staircase leads up to and one door which leads to bruce's bedroom which has not much detail just a bed maybe a small chest of drawers.the other door leads to a small room for bruce to excersise in with weights etc the batcave itself should have on the bottom floor a platform large enough to hold the batmobile and an entrance/door that slides up to let the batmobile exit the cave it should also have another platform for the batwing this is the only detail needed for this floor along with the rocky feel to it the next floor should have a large computer with two chairs and printing which shows the joker and a few views of the house for a CCtv feel to it there should be an elevator system that runs through the middle of the playset from the silverware cupboard however this only goes to the top floor of the batcave from wayne manor to get to the bottom floor there is a set of simple stairs also on this level is a locker to put the batsuit in. the playset should come with a few minifigs bruce wayne(michael keaton style),vicki vale,alfred,comissioner gordon,batman,harvey dent(billy dee williams)and the joker(jack nicholson) just to add a villian for batman to fight vehicles included should be only the batmobile.

DC:

Tumbler with Joker's Ice Cream Truck

Batman (DK) and Joker, plus goon.

£39.99

Includes Tumbler and the Jokers Ice Cream Truck with an Ice cream truck tune sound brick.

Arkham Asylum

Nightwing, Batman (Classic), Guard, Penguin, Killer Croc

£79.99

Incleds a few buildings, a gatehouse, and a light brick.

Mr Freeze's Getaway

Batman (DK), Mr Freeze

£12.99

Includes a buggy for Freeze and the Batcycle for Batman.

Marvel:

Spiderman vs Green Goblin

Spiderman, Green Goblin

£12.99

Includes small structure, Goblin's Glider, and web parts.

Iron Man vs Iron Monger

Iron Man/Tony Stark, Obidiah Stane, Pepper Pots

£29.99

Includes Iron Monger mech (constructed similar to the Lex Luthor Armour, but Bulkier), and some debris.

Although I'm most looking forward to seeing a new Arkham and the Iron Monger :wub:

Edited by Lance

X-Jet

Includes:

Police Boat, Mutation Machine

Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue, Magneto, Sabertooth, Police Officer (2x)

Just a thought but if they were to bring back the spiderman theme then i have a few ideas:

New Goblin ambush £11.99 : A set from spiderman 3 based on the scene where harry(new goblin) ambushes peter parker whilst riding his hover-board.The set should come with Peter's bike,Goblin's hover-board and a webline for spiderman.The hoverboard should come with the same sort of clear stand as the droid stap.Minifigure wise it should come with:peter parker who should be wearing a blazer and crumpled shirt and a crumpled brown tie.the shirt should have a long jagged rip along the bottom of the shirt so some skin is showing. he should have a double sided face print with a determined expression and a scared expression.Finally he should also have the same hair as the robin figure from 2012 but in reddish brown Spiderman should also be included despite him not being in the scene so the younger fans don't get confused when they see spidey on the box art but not in the set.The spidey in this should be the red one and either a slightly tweaked or the same version as the spiderman 2 figure.The new goblin should have a double sided printed head with one side being his green mask and the other being harry's face in an angry expression.He should have the reddish brown hair that the original harry osborn figure had.

Sandman confrontation £49.99: A set based on the scene in spiderman 3 where the black suited spiderman attacks the sandman in the subway system.The set should consist of a subway train on a track. also include should be a metal grate with some water and a water container that can break so you can wash sandman out into the sewers.Minifigs should be the black suited spiderman,basically the same design as the normal spiderman but in black.,sandman should have dark tan legs,a green and black striped shirt with normal lego short brown hair and a double sided head one with his normal face and another with a sandy look.He should also come with some weapon hands if lego ever made them like a mallet or a larger fist in tan to imitate his sand weapons. It should also come with a train driver and dark peter parker who is wearing the fleace over his black spidey suit which is partly showing at the top.He should come with robin's 2012 hair but in dark brown. :devil:

There are two sets that I would really like to see as soon as possible:

Ultimate Spider-Man: Spidey & Nick Fury vs. Venom - a small set with some scenery and/or a vehicle, perhaps a SHIELD helicopter for Fury or something.

Green Lantern, The Animated Series: The Interceptor. Includes Hal Jordan, Kilowog, Atrocitus, Razer, and maybe Aya.

And, if possible:

Green/Red Lantern Battle Pack: Some generic alien Green and Red Lanterns with some brick-built construct weapons.

Quite frankly, I'd want any set with a Green Lantern at this point, and it would make sense to base it on the curent series. And when they do make one, it would be awesome if it would include green and red versions of the LotR ring! :sweet:

I also really want the rest of the Justice League, namely Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl. They could come with the JL jet.

Two ideas:

First I would like to see a shield base of some sort that can include Nick Fury and some generic S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and a bunch of computers and weapons and things around, maybe even throw in an Ant-Man and Wasp figure!

Second would be a smaller set with just like a vehicle of some sort, or maybe even a training room from Stark Tower that would include the Black Panther and also the comic version of Hawkeye with his mask and purple suit!

Those are just two dream sets, likeliness of them actually happening? Probably around 0.5% chance, but hey I can still hope! :classic:

legoredhulk.jpg

Lego Red Hulk; they have the mold, may as well change the colour.

Could be put in any set, to be honest I was just procrastinating on photoshop.

Edited by Goon

I just finished watching all the avenger lead in films and I have a couple of ideas. First of all I would love to see Tony Starks Miami home. It would have his workshop with a couple of cars, a couple of benches and robot arms, a wall of Ironmen suits from the mark I to the mark V and would also have the turntable were the suit is attached to him. The upper levels would include a balcony area and spiral staircase with a water feature, a bar area and a boxing ring. I'm thinking the figures would be Tony Stark, Rhodey, Pepper Pots, the five suits and War machine. Also a great set would be the grand prix race scene it would include two formula one cars with a explode function. It would also include a fence and a Rolls Royce. The figures would be Pepper, Whiplash, Tony's driver ( I don't know the name I'm sure someone will let me know :laugh:) and Ironmans suitcase suit.

Moving on from Ironman it would be cool to get Jane fosters camper van. It would inculde Jane, Thor and Eric selvic.

I would jump to themoon and back if we got:

Legion of Doom battle

20$ maybe 200 or more bricks

batman wonder woman superman green lantern

luthor (armor) cheetah joker sinestro etc.

the hall of doom building with a vehicle for the heroes.

watch tower

any and all heroes

more than 500 bricks

javlin plane

I would jump to themoon and back if we got:

Legion of Doom battle

20$ maybe 200 or more bricks

batman wonder woman superman green lantern

luthor (armor) cheetah joker sinestro etc.

the hall of doom building with a vehicle for the heroes.

That would probably be a lot more than $20 with all those new figs but hey we are all stating our dreams on here so right on!

I always think that the Fantastic Four would be a great subject for Lego. Cool Villains. Distinctive heroes (that all use mostly similar printing) and some really cool vehicles. And who here wouldn't want minifigs of Dr. Doom... or Galactus?

DC UNIVERSE:

Daily Planet

Clayface's Escape

Green Lantern's Mission

Green Lantern Corps HQ

Gotham City

MARVEL:

Stark Industries

Spider-Man Versus Venom

Bruce Banner's Laboratory

Ivan Vando's Racetrack Battle

SHIELD Headquarters