Seeing how Lego S@H just sold out of their Martian Manhunter minifig 11 days into the promo, maybe DC will extract their heads from their collective rump and realize their characters sell without being attached to Batman. So here's to a JLA Watchtower set, a Flash Cosmic Treadmill with Rogues Gallery included, a Green Lantern CORPS, and Blue Devil/Firestorm and Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)/Booster Gold team-up sets!

a Green Lantern CORPS

Wishful thinking! :tongue::laugh:

But I don't know why GL isn't popular. He's one the most awesome dudes in the JL. Besides Batman, Flash, and Aquaman. So I guess he'll come next year(or later this year).

Wow! MM sold out? Glad I didn't wait! I was planning a second order, for another one, but maybe I'll hold off a while.

Wishful thinking! :tongue::laugh:

But I don't know why GL isn't popular. He's one the most awesome dudes in the JL. Besides Batman, Flash, and Aquaman. So I guess he'll come next year(or later this year).

The movie bombed and the toys from it didn't sell, so retailers are afraid of carrying GL merchandise. It's not the character's fault at all. Still, three years is a ridiculous wait....

The movie bombed and the toys from it didn't sell, so retailers are afraid of carrying GL merchandise. It's not the character's fault at all. Still, three years is a ridiculous wait....

That makes as much sense as a Spider-Trike. One damn movie sucked, "OH MY GOSH GREEN LANTERN IS HATED! LET US FORGET THIS CHARACTER EVER EXISTED, Because his movie sucked." Corporate logic. I mean we got AQUAMAN before GL. That's just stupid.

I'm happy with the King of Atlantis, but we need a GL.

Edited by korpen4444

Aquaman is a cooler character than Green Lantern, IMO (well, that particular lantern, at any rate). I still ain't over Emerald Twilight.

But his absence in LEGO is ridiculous. Especially since he's gotten a few Imaginext toys since that laughable bomb of a movie.

I think GL is better than AM because of his abilities. Aquaman even needs GL's help to get around(e.g. Platform constructs).

Edited by korpen4444

That makes as much sense as a Spider-Trike. One damn movie sucked, "OH MY GOSH GREEN LANTERN IS HATED! LET US FORGET THIS CHARACTER EVER EXISTED, Because his movie sucked." Corporate logic. I mean we got AQUAMAN before GL. That's just stupid.

I'm happy with the King of Atlantis, but we need a GL.

Bad movies don't do well for a character's publicity. And the way the retailers see it, carrying any GL merchandise at the moment is a risk, a risk they aren't so willing to take. Of course the problem is pretty obviously the movie and I think Hal could have recovered if GL:TAS was more popular ( :cry_sad:), but the movie was the biggest and last taste the public had of GL, and most of them didn't care for it, so they aren't going to choose him over Batman or Spider-Man. It is weird that we would get Aquaman before him, and the only theory I have for that is that it is part of WB/DC's recent push for him with the New 52. They want kids to like Aquaman, and the best way to do that is to make him the Batman to Wonder Woman's Superman, I guess. :shrug_oh_well:

Aquaman is a cooler character than Green Lantern, IMO (well, that particular lantern, at any rate). I still ain't over Emerald Twilight.

But his absence in LEGO is ridiculous. Especially since he's gotten a few Imaginext toys since that laughable bomb of a movie.

I really do wonder how well that playset has sold; I'd like to see something similar from LEGO. I wish that they would use the license as well as Imaginext does. I'd love to get Hawkman, Brainiac, Black Manta, or really any non-Bat curveball....

I think GL is better than AM because of his abilities. Aquaman even needs GL's help to get around(e.g. Platform constructs).

A bit off-topic, but I don't think that makes GL a better character than Aquaman, personally. :classic:

Some of my favorite characters are GLs. I quite like John, Guy, and Kyle. Among several others.

But I find Aquaman to be a sadly underrated character. The Superfriends saddled him with a stigma that only an amazing movie will erase.

Then again, Batman hasn't fully shaken the camp of the 66 show, but has had enough exposure that it is now looked upon as a small, charming facet of a multilayered character.

I really do wonder how well that playset has sold; I'd like to see something similar from LEGO. I wish that they would use the license as well as Imaginext does. I'd love to get Hawkman, Brainiac, Black Manta, or really any non-Bat curveball....

There is no doubt the latest push has made GL a household name, but that stinker of a movie really set the plans back a bit. They were trying to position GL as DC's Iron Man. It actually damaged Geoff Johns' Hollywood clout.

Still, the character itself hasn't suffered as much as the brand and the real names associated with it, but they're all still doing well. But it'll be a long time before the character gains any steam in tinseltown again.

Look how long it took to get The Lone Ranger back on the screen. 1981-2013. And I'll wager it'll be at least that long again before anybody can try again. Stink doesn't wash off that easy if your name isn't George Lucas.

Before anybody interjects with Superman returns, keep in mind that Superman Returns was a box office success, just not a smash hit, which was what they actually wanted.

Edited by B-Lister

Then again, Batman hasn't fully shaken the camp of the 66 show, but has had enough exposure that it is now looked upon as a small, charming facet of a multilayered character.

Plus, Adam West was awesome. :laugh:

That Agent set (Inferno Interception) looks like a great set ti Mod into a superhero set. The car teminds me of the new Arkham Knight Batmobile. The villain's headpiece can be used for a fantastic 4 Moc.

That Agent set (Inferno Interception) looks like a great set ti Mod into a superhero set. The car teminds me of the new Arkham Knight Batmobile. The villain's headpiece can be used for a fantastic 4 Moc.

I don't see the resemblance.

There is no doubt the latest push has made GL a household name, but that stinker of a movie really set the plans back a bit. They were trying to position GL as DC's Iron Man. It actually damaged Geoff Johns' Hollywood clout.

Still, the character itself hasn't suffered as much as the brand and the real names associated with it, but they're all still doing well. But it'll be a long time before the character gains any steam in tinseltown again.

Look how long it took to get The Lone Ranger back on the screen. 1981-2013. And I'll wager it'll be at least that long again before anybody can try again. Stink doesn't wash off that easy if your name isn't George Lucas.

Before anybody interjects with Superman returns, keep in mind that Superman Returns was a box office success, just not a smash hit, which was what they actually wanted.

Yeah, Hal has a cool costume, cool powers, and lives in a cool world. If your toy is actually good and gets that across (which I think the Imaginext toys do), then it should sell. And if LEGO does it, it should make a small fortune. :sceptic: I used to think it was WB stopping them from including B- and C-listers and making actual Justice League sets, but the Imaginext stuff makes me wonder if they have more control than they actually let on because they don't want to take "risks."

A lot of DC's have some sort of "stink" really, except maybe Flash. It's not LEGO's job to fix it by any means, but one thing that WB does do well with DC characters is exposing children to them, and the LEGO line does not do that justice. Thor 2 didn't get any toys (that I know of) because the first movie's was poorly planned and didn't sell, but we can still get him (in a set that features MODOK, Falcon, and Taskmaster too). Basically, I think we agree, but I just needed to vent. :hmpf_bad:

So, my dream DC sets would be anything new right now. Marvel can just keep doing what they are doing, but work on the Spidey stuff a little....

Plus, Adam West was awesome. :laugh:

:thumbup:

If you love the character, you love the character. Never let my opinion taint your own. Mine is not the be-all, end-all, nor is it even typical.

Gotham Museum: Batman, Freeze, King Tut, Freeze Henchgirl(2). Dinosaur skeleton, various gems, Egyptian statues.

Batman vs. Two-Face: Battle of the Giant Penny( :laugh::laugh_hard:): Giant Penny build( :snicker::head_back:), Two black-and-white cars, a blue car, death trap for Bats. Batman, Question, Two-Face, Two-Face goon(2).

Batman: Arkham Knight: Scarecrow's hideout(if he has one), copter with fear gas canisters. Batman, Scarecrow, Scarecrow's Henchmen(2).

Batman: Circus Roundup: 3 circus tents, Batman, Mad Hatter, Nightwing(B:TAS), Bear(2).

Joker Warehouse: Batman, Robin(Jason), Joker, Joker Goon(2). Bat-cycle and hideout.

We need new Batman villains. So far all the villains that have been released have been updates from the 2006-2008 sets (except Man-Bat).

Yeah, I think it's time to give the Bat villains a rest. I want Brainiac, Metallo, Darkseid, Mongul. And Doomsday.

My ideas weren't about the remake villains, it was about:AK Scarecrow Henchmen, Tut, Question, The Giant Penny, a new Two-Face I can grab, Mad Hatter, and Jason Robin.

I'd love to see a set with the Scarecrow, updated Batman and Green Lantern

It should have a big Trans-Green Jet for GL and a little black ship for Batman and then a plane for the scarecrow. I would love if the scarecrow had his suit and his mask :wub: .

(It would be the price of the Steamroller)

What are the chances of seeing Deathstroke?

He's been getting a lot of media in recent years, I'd definitely consider him a possibility.