I suggest looking down this page a little ways. :pir-classic: You might find some good bargains!

Edited by General Zen

Yeah, scroll down to the bottom of ANY page in the Pirate Forum and you'll see plenty of Pirate mini-figures for sale.

And if you're from the UK you're in extra luck!

I have the same thing going on. I have gotten some good deals on ebay and usually I check it about every couple of days. I just got in 6 pirate minifigs , a monkey, and some weapons last week and I believe I paid about 5 USD for them plus a reasonable shipping rate from a seller on ebay. Like Phes and Zen said look at the bottom of the pirates pages for ebay deals. I love that this was added. It helps me tremendously when looking for pirate or paradisa :pir-wub: because I forget to check ebay sometimes, but I always read the eb forums. :thumbup:

I find that buying large Pirate ships is well worth it. Both my BSB and SES came with double their official crew - it's because they're being sold by parents who can't be bothered to make up the smaller sets, so bung them all into the largest one :pir-tongue:

So I got 40 Pirates for the price of 20 :pir-devil:

But large ebay lots work better than small ones...

Thanks for the help!

I'm looking at ebay everyday now. That is a very nice feature at the bottom of the page.

I found some pirates on bricklink at $18 for 13 pirates including a captain redbeard. Is this a good deal?

Thanks again!

Well I'd look at ebay-for cheap pirates if you want many of the same. But- If you want different pirates, then I think Bricklink is the way to go. I hope this helps.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

So I got 40 Pirates for the price of 20 :pir-devil: But large ebay lots work better than small ones...

You're one lucky Owl. I've been looking at the UK eBay auctions at the bottom of the Pirate Forum and there's always some ridiculously good deal happening.

Right now there's a Caribbean Clipper for £10.50 and 9 hours left, in Australia it would be at least £20 to £25 at that stage of the auction.

Erdbeereis1,

In the LEGO stores in the states, here is how it works.

example 1: Build-A-Minifigure, 5 pieces for $2.99

example 2: Castle 5 pack for $12.99 ($2.60 for each minifig).

example 3: 4 rebel troopers and their Scout Speeder, $9.99 ($2.50 a minifig, if we consider the speeder for free).

example 4: 30 community workers and a ton of accessories for $43.00 ($1.44 for each minifig, not counting accessories).

YOU: 13 pirate figures from the 1990s for only $18 ($1.39 for each minifig)

So yeah, I think you got a good deal!! (sorry, I'm goin to school to be a math teacher)

Other than that, garage sales are a great way to get older LEGO for super cheap, but very difficult to find. EBAY and Bricklink are probably your best places.

I'm looking at ebay everyday now. That is a very nice feature at the bottom of the page.

Glad we can help people more easily acquire Pirate LEGO!

I found some pirates on bricklink at $18 for 13 pirates including a captain redbeard. Is this a good deal?

Yes, that seems like quite a good deal. Mini-figures sell quite well on their own and I've never seen them sell that cheap locally, even for the generic, more common Pirate mini-figures.

Other than that, garage sales are a great way to get older LEGO for super cheap, but very difficult to find. EBAY and Bricklink are probably your best places.

Thank you for taking the time stash2sixx! It's always good to have people calculating the value of Pirate LEGO. Keeps us all informed! :thumbup:

I hope that this is the right place to post this topic. If not, sorry!

So: a guy is selling an Eldorado Fortress for 75 Euro. No box. Instructions included.

I don't own this set and I think it's great... But what would you say?

I think it's expensive. I had a eldorado fortress few month ago for 35 euros like you without box but instructions included.

I'd say 75 Euros is also quite expensive for an Eldorado Fortress. If it had a pristine box and instructions then I'd say maybe, but only if you were a die hard collector that appreciated those extras.

Realistically I'd say 60 Euros is the maximum you'd want to pay. If you're buying from Europe you probably could get for around 30-40 Euros from Belgium, France, Germany if you're prepared to spend time shopping around.

Thanks for helping!

After a short bargain with the seller, he agreed on 60 euro.

So, within the next several days I will own an Eldorado Fortress!! :jollyroger::pir-classic:

That's not bad pricewise, I paid €50 myself for this set. It's certainly worth it, especially if the minifigs in particular are complete and in good order.

It's very enjoyable to build and looks awesome (I would probably have it intact as part of a soldier/pirate display if I had more space, e.g. a whole room for Lego).

The price at which sets sell on eBay is something that fascinates me. I like watch auctions to monitor how much attention they receive and record their final price. This way I can accumulate some statistics to compare.

Located in USA currently at US $60.95

982d_1.JPG

CLICK HERE to place a bid!

Okay, Mr. Phes, here's some stats for you from my watch list:

Final selling prices from recently sold 6285s:

5 bids, $102.50

8 bids, $101.78

17 bids, $130.10

12 bids, $187.50

A 6286 (seems to be much more rare)

25 bids, $278.99

Another interesting find:

6277 Merchant ship ONLY: 7 bids, $41.01

Anyone have a spare $3000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEGO-PIRATE-10040-6289...Q2em118Q2el1247

Someone seems in a hurry to sell those out before the new pirate line arrives :imperialguard_commander1:

Mmm... those pictures are seriously tempting me to rebuild my Eldorado. Unfortunately I just don't have display space (just some space in front of books, and one space beside current MoC for 48x48). Hoping to clear a shelf for Lego display, but it will be modular town (green grocer, café corner) first off the block I think.

I would like to buy SES, but I haven't even seen it in Lego listings I've been browsing the past few months (sellers listed to ship to Ireland, and via Paypal, and for auctions, mostly sticking to EU only). I'm very happy with Black Seas Barracuda mind you (€70 incl postage).

(Note: the description was meant to be a spoof on contests, it wasn't saying I'm not going to buy anything...just putting that out there XD)

Alright, so, I've been debating posting this for a day or two now, and after a few thorough rereads of the rules to make sure I didn't miss anything, there's nothing against it.

I've missed the chance throughout my life to get any sort of sets in the Pirate theme, and it is something I regret very dearly; even moreso with the recent pictures of new pirate sets once again piquing my interests. I've read through every review here multiple times; sometimes out of boredom (they're all good reads!), sometimes out of interest; but I still don't know which classic Pirate sets to start out with.

A few things to note:

1. I love Imperial Guards/Soldiers. The actual Pirates, not as much, but they're great additions too! =P

2. I have a somewhat limited budget. I'm currently applying for jobs, and even then I'll only get minimum wage seeing as I'm not even a high school graduate yet. So at the moment I won't be picking up any large fleets of BSBs, though when my job picks up and I start making decent amounts (I have to put half of each paycheck in the bank, too), I'll be making use of the fact that I don't yet have to pay taxes or rent to buy large sets, so no problem with suggesting them for later!

3. I'm already planning to get at least three Lagoon Lockup sets, two Broadside's Brig sets, and a Sabre Island set - they're the ones that really look nice, are cheap, and have plenty of imperial soldiers (SHAKOS! Yay!).

So, any suggestions? Sets to avoid due to price/quality of set?

~Trexxen

Sound pretty good to me.Imperial Guards do rock :thumbup: and off topic they make great british soldiers if you give them a white Dr jones hate (can't think of what they are called ) :pir_laugh2:

Might I suggest waiting? They new pirates will be out in January, which is only 5 months away. However, it you are desparate, might I advise that Bricklink is the best choice?

:monkey:

Edited by Lt. Col. Thok

Legoman: I agree! Imperial Guards are really what got me into the Pirate theme; mainly the unique gear they have on them - I love the Shakos! Also, the hat you're referring to I believe is a Pith, yes?

Lt. Col. Thok: Oh, it's not really a matter of waiting - I'm buying those sets too, of course! The 09 line, however true to the original it may be (and I must say it DOES look amazing; really close to its roots!), just isn't Classic Pirates, though; and I want to get some of both! The designs of the old sets are simply grand - and besides, no, I can't wait! =P (I do plan to use Bricklink, of course - earlier in the year I bought a Sentai Fortress for cheap; still in the polybags! Would have been MISB, but that'd mean extra shipping and I planned to build it =P)

~Trexxen

Might I suggest waiting? They new pirates will be out in January, which is only 5 months away. However, it you are desparate, might I advise that Bricklink is the best choice?

:monkey:

It might not be in January, it says from January to May. Back on topic, you don't want to get any of the smaller, impulse like sets- on ebay and Bricklink, they are WAY to overpriced. Also, I think Trexxen is purchasing sets now for the, "something BIG in the pipeline" that Mister Phes mentioned.