There is a cheaper way to buy Lego Pirates in Germany:

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/ called "Ebay Kleinanzeigen"

It is not Ebay it is a Ebay company and you can get a lot of Lego Pirates sets there, maybe equal in quantity to Ebay.de

Edited by Matthias

Hi guys, hope you can help me today:

Recently a Friend of mine talled me that he would sell 23 red/blue coats for 60 euros...

Is this a good price for this amount of minifigures?

Two things...

1. This is more of a discussion thread so it should be posted in the Main Pirate Forum.
  2. Somewhere buried in the forum is a thread called "Buying Pirate LEGO - advice, tips and questions". As we probably don't need a new thread specifically for your question, this thread will be merged with the aforementioned in the near future.

To give an accurate answer we'd need just a bit more information such as:

Complete figures or just torsos?

Shipped parcel or in hand?

What generation?

That works out to about 2.60 a figure. If they are the older versions that's on the low side of average. If your saving money on shipping and the figure are complete and in good shape, it's not a bad price. You could do better if you took your time, shopped around and made a lot of small purchases, but for the convenience it seems like a good deal with certain assumptions filling in the blanks.

Try out bricklink.com If you were unaware of it, it'll change your world.

P.S. already had this drafted before Mister Phes's post showed up, so I'm posting it anyway, but it can just as well be deletd.

I am buying complete soldiers with backpack and shakko with rifle and saber in a great condition for 3 Euros and sailors or Leutnants for 2,50 Euro at lokal bricklink and eBay Sellers. But directly not at this point oft sales I mentioned.

At the time I didn t know this 2 guys I bought complete soldiers with weapons for 3 Euro plus fright. I would say the price is good when a lot oft them are soldiers with backbacks and weapons and red epauletts. If a lot have tricon and yellow epaulettes the price is fair.

You can t make a big mistake when you buy them. Governor Broadsite cost sometimes 10 Euros, if he is in that package the price is great.

Edited by Matthias

Thanks for your quick answers! So the minifigs are all complete with backpack etc...

9 do have a shako,the other a tricorne.One of them has a general torso... 6 of the tricorne ones are redcoats,the others are blue ones...

Of course the figs are the old ones from the 90's

Edited by Hindenburg

9*3= 27

13*2,5=32,50

1*0=0 for the incomplete broadside

Together 59,50€

Ehen you add something for the incomplete broadside than it ia a acceptable deal. Plesse note that this is my prize for armed soldiers.

Consider though, how hard is it to complete the admiral? The only thing more than a dollar would be the decorated bicorne, right?

Consider though, how hard is it to complete the admiral? The only thing more than a dollar would be the decorated bicorne, right?

The head is very rare and cost 3 to 4 Euros plus fright at bricklink.

The head is very rare and cost 3 to 4 Euros plus fright at bricklink.

pirate_oh3.gif I stand corrected. And here I thought it was a fairly regular head.

I just went to the Fan Expo in Vancouver today because I'm a bit of a Sci-Fi/ Movie fan, etc, and I find a lego stand full of old sets and minifigures. The sets were overpriced, and I saw no PIrates sets, however, when digging in one of the minifigure bins, lone behold is the islander king. 6c5230c3c998c37433a732e4ee77903c.png I decided to buy it, and it turns out it was $10 CND (about $8-9 US). Did I 1. Get a bad deal (which I think I didn't), 2. Get an "okay" deal, or 3. Get a great deal? I think I got a pretty good deal on this old, fantastic minifigure myself. Also, until today I didn't have an islanders, I now have at least one of all the Pirate sets factions. I'm super happy with my purchase, but what do you guys think? Did I get a good deal?

Did I get a good deal?

Not if it's a used figure. Those aren't expensive at all. Heck, even for a brand new figure it wouldn't be a particularly good deal. Sorry.

Not if it's a used figure. Those aren't expensive at all. Heck, even for a brand new figure it wouldn't be a particularly good deal. Sorry.

It was not a used figure. Honestly, It was an islander, and $10 isn't an awful lot, so I think I got him for a somewhat good deal. Now I have an islander, so i'm happy pirate_laugh_new.gif

Edited by James Wellington

It was not a used figure. Honestly, It was an islander, and $10 isn't an awful lot, so I think I got him for a somewhat good deal. Now I have an islander, so i'm happy pirate_laugh_new.gif

Ah. Well if the figure is brand new, I guess it's a fair deal. Not a bargain, but not completely unreasonable either. It is a fairly rare figure. And some figures are worth splurging a bit for. So congrats. pirate_classic.gif

Ah. Well if the figure is brand new, I guess it's a fair deal. Not a bargain, but not completely unreasonable either. It is a fairly rare figure. And some figures are worth splurging a bit for. So congrats. pirate_classic.gif

Ah. Very good then. Woo-hoo, I've gotten an islander.

I need your help to know if someone have few informations about set chess lego pirates 40158 with status "sold out"?

it just stayed 20 days in selling, before this status "sold out" appear...

When stock is empty, set status is "out of stock" and the shipment date follow.

Are they closed this set?

Thanks , see you friends

The artwork shows the board facing the wrong direction, so they stopped producing them until they fix the error.

Merging this topic into our big Buying Pirate Lego topic.

I need your help to know if someone have few informations about set chess lego pirates 40158 with status "sold out"?

it just stayed 20 days in selling, before this status "sold out" appear...

When stock is empty, set status is "out of stock" and the shipment date follow.

Are they closed this set?

Thanks , see you friends

Up.

i want to a set og lego need advice on which one is the best.

Edited by Phred
Removed car servicing link.

i want to a set og lego need advice on which one is the best.

-snip-

well, please be specified:

-which year pirate set you are looking after.

-Second, what is your budget.

-Third, you prefer Big sets or Small.

-Fourth, you are after sets with few or many minifigures.