I agree with everyone else on contacting the seller and seing if he will make good on his mistake. :pir-hmpf_bad: As for the smoke smell there are a number of vinyl cleaners out there that could get it out. A lot of the people in the action figure hobby could probably give you some good advice. I would search the internet and see if you could find a good solution. Hope that his helps. :pir-classic:

I agree with the others concerning the e-Bay seller, contact him and tell him the problem.

Regarding the odor...

1. Place the bricks and pieces outside on a calm windless day. (Maybe you can't do this being that your in the city, I don't know)

2. Let it set in a your basement for awhile, most basement scents are better than cigarette related scents.

3. Barry it in linen sheets. This trick has worked for me on several occasions, I always enjoyed cleaning Lego.

Edited by Ratshot

Thanks for all the advice guys! :pir-sweet:

I emailed the guy this morning. Still waiting for a reply.

I still don't know what I am gonna do about the smell. I am a little reluctant to try any chemicals, so I might try exposing it to some fresh air or using Ratshot's linen sheets technique.

I guess the lesson to take from this is:

1-always ask if it's from a non-smoking home unless it explicitly states so.

2-Smoking is bad for your health AND it stinks up everything around you, even your LEGO! :jollyroger:

Fill a bucket or container with warm soapy water. Add a small amount of bleach to the water. Let your bricks soak in the water for a few hours. Rinse the bricks and let them air dry on a towel. It will take a few days for the bleach smell to go away. By then the bricks should not smell like smoke.

Unfortunately the sails and string smells are harder to remove. Place the sails in between dryer sheets and place a heavy book on top for a few days. This should lessen the smoke smell. You can also use this method for smoke damaged instruction booklets.

It is quite common these days for some eBay sellers to list sets as complete when they are not. It may be easier just to order the few basic bricks. Bricklink sets are usually complete but we have to pay a premium for those sets.

Ben

Hi,

Today I used BL's price guide and searched for 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner.

What I found was:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?ite...p=Y&prDec=2

New Skull's Eye Schooner sold for 325$ in February 2010???

And why wasn't I notified? I have it on my wanted list!

Am I mistaken or something or was a MISB SES sold for 325$ THIS MONTH?´

Yours,

funkybrick

Seems pretty cheap for a MISB.

I recommend you check your Wanted List criteria, and make sure the Inform Me By Email box is checked.

I have got no special criterias for the SES and have checked the "e-mail" button!

If I find out that SES transaction is real, I'll be so mad... :pir_mad:

But thanks for your reply, mate! :thumbup:

Edited by funkybrick

Seems pretty cheap for a MISB.

Yeah, considering the average price is now US $412.00.

And why wasn't I notified? I have it on my wanted list!

That's something you're better off asking BrickLink.

One possibility is that the seller set aside that SES specifically for an individual buyer. They could have discussed the set on a forum or in person and used the BrickLink system to complete the sale. In addition, sellers have the option not to notify all BL users with a set or part on their wanted lists. Of course if you or I were selling an SES, we would want everyone to know about it.

Ben

One possibility is that the seller set aside that SES specifically for an individual buyer. They could have discussed the set on a forum or in person and used the BrickLink system to complete the sale. In addition, sellers have the option not to notify all BL users with a set or part on their wanted lists. Of course if you or I were selling an SES, we would want everyone to know about it.

Ben

Aha!

Thanks a lot! This is probably the solution :)

fbrick

Aha!

Thanks a lot! This is probably the solution :)

fbrick

Or the Seller was posting his/her inventory and before finishing all the posting and notification someone who was just browsing quickly bought the item. Like I did with NHL Hockey for 50 usd for opened box but sealed polybags set - though last new sales have been at 120 usd level :pir-tongue:

If its not on ebay the cannon battle from the 2009 pirates line is $5.99 from lego and has one or two if I can remember... Has some ok pieces too and a cannon.

Hope this offers an idea :pir-sceptic:

Edited by Cpt. Dan

Which Lego Pirates? The current series or older ones?

It also helps to know in which country you are looking.

The current series can be found on Lego.com.

Older (and resent) series can be found on BrickLink.

I'm looking to purchase several sets including SES, BSB, and ITP. Since the instructions are available online, and the majority of these sets are comprised of pieces I can buy from "Pick a Brick" would it be cheaper to just acquire the pieces I need to build them rather then buy them complete on ebay? From what I've observed, sets seem to average a 30-%40 mark up from their SRP. I realize that I'll have to get the unique pieces on brick-link but could this still be a cost effective idea?

I'm looking to purchase several sets including SES, BSB, and ITP. Since the instructions are available online, and the majority of these sets are comprised of pieces I can buy from "Pick a Brick" would it be cheaper to just acquire the pieces I need to build them rather then buy them complete on ebay? From what I've observed, sets seem to average a 30-%40 mark up from their SRP. I realize that I'll have to get the unique pieces on brick-link but could this still be a cost effective idea?

I have more experience on eBay than I do on Pick a Brick or Bricklink, but it seems to me that it would be best to try and find the complete sets. The SES and ITP can be found for about $150-200 each, the BSB tends to go for less as it was in production longer. That's a lot of money, it's true, but once you factor in shipping and the cost of unique/hard to find sails, hulls, and baseplates (which typically go for upwards of $10 each), you're probably better off waiting for a high-priced-but-fair Buy it Now or Bricklink seller who offers free shipping. And that's not even counting the minifigures, which for some strange reason are more expensive on Bricklink and eBay individually then they are in the actual sets.

TC

Hey there,

Just wondering where I could get a lego pirate ship and which different models are available

Thanks in advance