Hey guys,

I love using real lego parts as much as the next guy but some of the custom pieces are great, i'm already aware of brickarms but i'm sure there are more.

Do you know of any other custom shops?

Do they sell Piratey bits?

If so please share. I have searched for similar posts but cant find any, if there are please let me know.

P.S. I would especially like to know where the hats are from in this article

I've never shopped here but Brickforge comes to mind as an alternative to Brickarms which is my favorite, their quality is top notch.

A shop I just recently discovered is this one (Here is a topic about the shop).

There you can find many different pieces - including some really nice Pirate

theme pieces such as a Swivel Gun and Bayonette´s. So that´s a shop I

recomend if you are looking for custom pieces, even though I haven´t bought

anything from it... yet... :pir-classic:

Regards//

Admiral Red-Hair

Edited by Admiral Red-Hair

P.S. I would especially like to know where the hats are from in this article

They are from regular Lego. ;) Well, this brown one is available only from Bricklink.

BTW thanks, Admiral Red Hair (beware, you're a moderator rip-off!), this shop is really nice! ;)

Regards, Dr

Check the Shops Index, which covers most of the big names; most have some form of piratey accessory.

Check the Shops Index, which covers most of the big names; most have some form of piratey accessory.

Thank you for that very useful link, I was actually just wondering if there was a

complete summery of Lego shops. And congratulations to your 2000 post. :pir-classic:

Best Regards//

Admiral Red-Hair

Closed, but fortunately Mister Phes could reconstruct the content:

1. What would be a fair or good price for a MISB 6277 set (let's say with a very nice box condition)?

2. If I bought either a MISB 6277 Imperial Trading Post or a MISB 10210 Imperial Flagship (maybe let's say they were the same price), which one would you recommend me?

Edited by Mister Phes

Hello, and welcome to EB and Classic-Pirates!

1. What would be a fair or good price for a MISB 6277 set (let's say with a very nice box condition)?

I'd have to say about 200$ USD Or more. But to be safe, check Bricklink.

1. If I bought either a MISB 6277 Imperial Trading Post or a MISB 10210 Imperial Flagship (maybe let's say they were the same price), which one would you recommend me?

I would recommend the Imperial Trading Post. Because a classic MISB pirate set is hard to come by! But them being the same price would NEVER happen :pir-hmpf_bad:

6277 is worth significantly more than the ship so I would definitely choose this if the prices are the same. You can see how many sales and the prices they sold for by the month on bricklink if any have been sold at all. I would also use ebay as a reference.

I tend to find bricklink to be a bit over priced for complete sets (new or used), i've won several larger sets on ebay for alot cheaper than what bricklink stores are asking - having said that there were quite a few 6277 over xmas but next to none now... and MISB as preiviously stated is as rare as hens teeth, if you can get it.. do so.. cos the 10210 will be available for most of the year i would suspect.

I'd take the Trading Post if it were about the same price as Imperial Flagship, but If it is far more expensive, dont buy it! :jollyroger:

@General Armendariz: Thanks for the nice welcome :D

Well the Trading Post MISB costs double the price of the Imperial Flagship... is that fair?

funkybrick

The Imperial Trading Post is as said, much more valuable indeed. I also think it is the better set, although I also like the Imperial Flagship of course.

Try eBay to buy your MISB sets unless you don't want to spend time on it, then use Bricklink which is mostly a tad more expensive but offers great safety and reputation on the other side.

use Bricklink which ... offers great safety and reputation on the other side.

Ebay is quite safe, if you pay using PayPal, since if you don't receive the item (either at all, or as it's described) you're able to file a claim and reclaim your money. On the other hand, if a Bricklink seller doesn't send you the items, the most you can do is file a claim and have it count against the seller (if the seller doesn't resolve the issue) - you still won't get your money back. In my experience, I've resolved all my Ebay problems, but not the one Bricklink problem I've had, which has resulted in lost money unfortunately.

Why doess the first post of this thread merely say "closed"?

It would far more meaningful if the original question remained, particularly to those who have the same question(s).

I presume the first post was:

2. If I bought either a MISB 6277 Imperial Trading Post or a MISB 10210 Imperial Flagship (maybe let's say they were the same price), which one would you recommend me?

Why doess the first post of this thread merely say "closed"?

It would far more meaningful if the original question remained, particularly to those who have the same question(s).

I presume the first post was:

Exactly. You must be very smart! :pir-wink:

Hey, I was just wondering where I could get a good Skull Eyes Schooner box. I already have a SES but I would love to get a nice box with inserts for it. My SES has gotten quite dusty in the last 10 years and I have decided to referbish it. Do any of you guys know where I could find just the box? :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

Hey, I was just wondering where I could get a good Skull Eyes Schooner box. I already have a SES but I would love to get a nice box with inserts for it. My SES has gotten quite dusty in the last 10 years and I have decided to referbish it. Do any of you guys know where I could find just the box? :pir-classic:

They are extremely expensive - but try Bricklink - they are there most of the time. There's an individual section for boxes for sale :)

Check out my review of the SES - there are some amazing pictures of the box in original condition with everything intact. Incredible box for sure.

Only one available at the moment...

Personally, I would recommend that you try ebay to get a cheap, not necessarily complete SES that comes with a box - it should work out cheaper overall - instead of $70 for a box, you pay say $150 for a box and most of a ship.

Here's Lorentzen's review (really great pics, by the way :thumbup: Almost makes me feel like getting old sets MISB...)

I've also got a gallery of pics here, including some of the box.

if you do find one and win/buy it... A little tip - avoid posting long distance and avoid post men - pay for a currier to deliver it :pir-sceptic:

coincidentally if you wanted a crap SES box i have one right here in my wardrobe :pir_laugh2:

if you do find one and win/buy it... A little tip - avoid posting long distance and avoid post men - pay for a currier to deliver it :pir-sceptic:

coincidentally if you wanted a crap SES box i have one right here in my wardrobe :pir_laugh2:

Yeah, I am halfway tempted to take your advice about the currier. :pir_laugh2: I got my SES from germany and it is in almost perfect condition except I need to get a box for it. I didn't know about there being a section on bricklink for boxes so I will check that out. Thank you for the advice. :pir-classic: