I Made a bid, but those prices are crazy

Edited by Matthias

Thats a very reasonable price for 1 fig. the price went up unbelievably!

I'm wondering if they did actually sell because both of the auctions were bid up quite substantially by bidders with 0 feedback. The price the 121 redcoats ended on is rather coincidentally the same price per figure that the seller was trying to sell 20 figures for as a "buy it now" very recently.

I actually offered £60 for 20 bluecoats and it was flat out refused. They were advertised at £120 but the most the seller would go down to was £5.50 a figure so £110.

I'd only ever go above £3 a figure if they were a bit rarer.

I'm wondering if they did actually sell because both of the auctions were bid up quite substantially by bidders with 0 feedback. The price the 121 redcoats ended on is rather coincidentally the same price per figure that the seller was trying to sell 20 figures for as a "buy it now" very recently.

I actually offered £60 for 20 bluecoats and it was flat out refused. They were advertised at £120 but the most the seller would go down to was £5.50 a figure so £110.

I'd only ever go above £3 a figure if they were a bit rarer.

This can be True, cos what i have discovered long time back, some sellers are using a dirty way to sell their stuffs when it comes to bid. They use their friends to bid till the seller gets the amount he wants. So this case could be similar....Cos i dont thing there is a person in this world will buy these for 1500 usd!!!!!....it is insane

But the Soldiers are Not as good as the of the other auction. Often missing backpack, a lot without shakko.I would never pay 3 for incomplete Soldiers or officers.

But the Soldiers are Not as good as the of the other auction. Often missing backpack, a lot without shakko.I would never pay 3 for incomplete Soldiers or officers.

I Agree!

I agree with what you're saying but I think the ones without shakos had tricorns and were "Imperial Sailors" and "Imperial Officers" so wouldn't have backpacks anyway.

Hi guys I have a question for all you guys. Move this topic if you mud but I really want to ask true pirate fans. I was interested in buying lagoon lockup on bricklink. One guy wants to sell it to me for $50. He also said that he would throw in smugglers shanty and sabre island for $40. Is $90 worth it for these three sets that are in great condition just without the instructions or boxes.

Hi guys I have a question for all you guys. Move this topic if you mud but I really want to ask true pirate fans. I was interested in buying lagoon lockup on bricklink. One guy wants to sell it to me for $50. He also said that he would throw in smugglers shanty and sabre island for $40. Is $90 worth it for these three sets that are in great condition just without the instructions or boxes.

Merged.

Lagoon Lockup is a great medium sized set. :thumbup:

Sabre island is good too.

You can't get a complete Lagoon Lockup for less than $50 on Bricklink in the US. The set was originally $30.

Sabre Island and Smuggler's Shanty are reasonable for $20 each. I'd have exact change and see if he'll take $75, but I'm pretty cheap. :pir-grin:

If they aren't complete, they're not worth as much.

If they are complete and in good condition I'd definitely say yes! Got any pictures?

I will get the pictures in a little bit. he sent me the ones for lagoon lockup and he said he will take pictures of the other ones soon.

Merged.

Lagoon Lockup is a great medium sized set. :thumbup:

Sabre island is good too.

You can't get a complete Lagoon Lockup for less than $50 on Bricklink in the US. The set was originally $30.

Sabre Island and Smuggler's Shanty are reasonable for $20 each. I'd have exact change and see if he'll take $75, but I'm pretty cheap. :pir-grin:

If they aren't complete, they're not worth as much.

So you think it is definitely worth it? He is giving me free shipping.

If the sets are in great condition it worth it, and with free shipping yes, really ! Lagoon lockup and Sabre island are very good sets.

But you should be especially careful at the condition of the flags, many of those old flags tend to have a clip broken !

My Sabre island flag is, but I had it when I was young when the set was brand new at the time, so, well, it's all my fault default_sad.gif

I will get the pictures in a little bit. he sent me the ones for lagoon lockup and he said he will take pictures of the other ones soon.

it is not the matter free Shipping or Great Deal!...it is all has to do with the condition of the sets, parts and minifigures. You need to ask : was it owned by an adult or child, kept well, no modern parts has been mixed with vintage parts ( many seller do that and claim even it is new!..for this you need to be an Expert find out parts related to each era ( if it bothers you of-course )

To me, buying Vintage sets mean i am expecting 100% parts from that Era!

P.S: Also what i have noticed, Each Seller has his own Definition of: Great, Excellent and Like New Conditions....Dont Expect if he says: Great that you will get great as you think...i had many issues with these translating and made me so angry as i was receiving good condition for which sell stats: Like New! loooooool

Be Very Careful Especially when you throw a lot of $$$

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

If the sets are in great condition it worth it, and with free shipping yes, really ! Lagoon lockup and Sabre island are very good sets.

But you should be especially careful at the condition of the flags, many of those old flags tend to have a clip broken !

My Sabre island flag is, but I had it when I was young when the set was brand new at the time, so, well, it's all my fault default_sad.gif

All flags are in great condition. I was looking at the pictures and they have no broken clip art and without any scratch's or any rubbing of the paint. All minifigures are used but they look great! There had not been any paint rubbed off of them AT ALL!!! :).

it is not the matter free Shipping or Great Deal!...it is all has to do with the condition of the sets, parts and minifigures. You need to ask : was it owned by an adult or child, kept well, no modern parts has been mixed with vintage parts ( many seller do that and claim even it is new!..for this you need to be an Expert find out parts related to each era ( if it bothers you of-course )

To me, buying Vintage sets mean i am expecting 100% parts from that Era!

P.S: Also what i have noticed, Each Seller has his own Definition of: Great, Excellent and Like New Conditions....Dont Expect if he says: Great that you will get great as you think...i had many issues with these translating and made me so angry as i was receiving good condition for which sell stats: Like New! loooooool

Be Very Careful Especially when you throw a lot of $$$

Cheers

Thank you for all of that!! I will definitely ask the seller all those questions.

First of all, congratulations on this set. Wat i can see from the set, it is clean and shiny and no sign of color fade. The only issue i can spot is, the face of the admiral is little wiped off and looks like some hite marks on that little boy facebut you can replace it easily via BL. The weapons are great too except for the sword which has little sign of bend. What i mentioned are minor issue anf you should be hsppy with this set :-)

Edited by VintageLegoEra

First of all, congratulations on this set. Wat i can see from the set, it is clean and shiny and no sign of color fade. The only issue i can spot is, the face of the admiral is little wiped off and looks like some hite marks on that little boy facebut you can replace it easily via BL. The weapons are great too except for the sword which has little sign of bend. What i mentioned are minor issue anf you should be hsppy with this set :-)

Wow! To be honest I didn't see all that stuff you pointed out. Thank you for pointing that stuff out! He still hasn't gotten back to mr with those other pictures yet. I will post them when he does.

Wow! To be honest I didn't see all that stuff you pointed out. Thank you for pointing that stuff out! He still hasn't gotten back to mr with those other pictures yet. I will post them when he does.

More than 30 years with Lego, so imagine what you will be ;-)...

Yes please, post as much as photos and i will help you :-)

This Lagoon Lockup is in a quite great condition, I have to admit it !

Like VintageLegoEra told you the admiral head is not top notch but that's not a big problem.

The sail is not in excellent condition too. I see it has been bend (nothing hard to get back with a light ironing) and there are clearly grips marks on the holes where to attach the sail that are indicating it has been moved and removed more than several times. Here, again, this is not a big problem.

I find this set in very good condition !