Wouldn't that be something a imperial flagship sized black pearl....only one could dream

Funny you should mention this. I'm finishing up my COMPLETELY reworked Black Pearl, hopefully in the next week! I'll post a thread with I'm finished.

But, back on topic..

As stated I have the Black Pearl, but I do not own the QAR. From what I can tell, the QAR is a much more beautiful ship. I got a deal on my mostly complete, but missing the minifigs, Black Pearl and I'm waiting for a similar deal for the QAR.

Yeah see thats what i'm doing with either ship, I can get the queen anne's revenge with only jack sparrow and black beard, or I can get the black pearl and get jack sparrow and Davy Jones

Yeah see thats what i'm doing with either ship, I can get the queen anne's revenge with only jack sparrow and black beard, or I can get the black pearl and get jack sparrow and Davy Jones

Oh heck, if you care about minifigs at all, go for the Pearl then.

Davy Jones is at $45 on Bricklink right now. Blackbeard is $12. And Jones is a much better figure. He's one of my favorites.

Oh heck, if you care about minifigs at all, go for the Pearl then.

Davy Jones is at $45 on Bricklink right now. Blackbeard is $12. And Jones is a much better figure. He's one of my favorites.

I agree. If Minifigs are part of your thought process, then Davy Jones is a MUST HAVE. He has to be considered one of the rarer and most sought after Minifigs in all of Lego (I'd guess top 10). Having said that, both Anjelica and Blackbeard are not minifigs to sneeze at either though, but still not as coveted as DJ.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I didn't realize DJ was so sought after. I've not used him in anything and only used his peg leg.

For figs, I would choose QAR. I like the figs much better. Blackbeard looks awesome. :pir-wub:

Does he? I kinda thought that the beard was a little big but maybe not, is there any other figures that you guys think I should definitely have if I do the QAR other than jack and black beard?

Does he? I kinda thought that the beard was a little big but maybe not, is there any other figures that you guys think I should definitely have if I do the QAR other than jack and black beard?

I am mainly referring to the torso and legs.

275152.jpg

Just fill the Queen Annes Revenge with random pirates and you'll be all right.

The Black Pearl kind of needs some of the main characters (Will Turner, Mr. Gibbs, Elizabeth Swann, Barbossa) since it's so iconic as the Black Pearl.

Yeah see I'm not a big fan of the zombie pirates so I'm just putting normal pirates on the ship, but I agree with you if you add random figs to the pearl it would just look too different

Hello, I am new to the pirate theme of LEGO. I recently bought the Lego juniors pirate treasure hunt set and am wondering what would be a good next purchase in this theme?

Edited by Blue_Bird

What are your interests? Figs? Building experience? Ships?

I think any sets you can find. The 2015 pirate sets are getting rarer in the retail market.

I would recommend you the Treasure Island and the Soldiers Outpost sets.

Those are the best sets from the 2015 wave, IMO

Other than that, I'd try to get something from the 2009 line

Edited by Robert8

I would recommend you the Treasure Island and the Soldiers Outpost sets.

Those are the best sets from the 2015 wave, IMO

Other than that, I'd try to get something from the 2009 line

Thanks for the advice! I just checked out Treasure Island, looks nice and much more within my price range for right now. The figures look good too

pirate_blush.gif

Thanks for the advice! I just checked out Treasure Island, looks nice and much more within my price range for right now. The figures look good too

pirate_blush.gif

Treasure Island is the most solid set from the 2015 line

It has a lot of nice pieces and the set itself looks really nice on display.

The Pirate Queen minifigure really stands out.

And you get the new crocodile

The QAR is by far the biggest ship and has some very impressive sails. In terms of size (even though it still doesn't get close), it would be the best match for The IFS.

However, I strongly feel that The BP is the better ship by far. Smaller, yes, but more striking and feels more complete as well. And it has the best minifigs, if you care about that sort of stuff.

When you say complete what do you mean? Are you mainly talking about the cabin? Or the ship its self?

Hi everyone,

I'm considering to either buy:

a 10210 Imperial Flagship, which I love for its accuracy and generic pirate theme (easier to mod)

OR

4184 Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge (both would cost just slightly more than a single 10210)

OR

Bricklinking them gradually

The catch with Bricklinking is I live in Australia and there is limited amount of local Bricklink sellers here, meaning I have to source from overseas sellers and shipping fees add up fast.

Any opinions?

Edited by Elsior

First of all , these are great ships to consider.

Secondly, you are the who will buy. So you know what you want and what you expect.

To me i have all these as i love them.

If i were you, i would go for 2vs1 anytime. You see, i had the same dilemma a while ago when IFS was cheaper and costed about the same as QAR. I spent 4 months pondering at my choice and the money needed. I ended up getting IFS and am really happy about my choice (proper ship and all that). HOWEVER if i had the 2 vs 1 ship dilemma, i would have gone with the double option easily i might add.

I dont know if you saw but I have a form going saying should I buy the quenn anne's revenge or the black pearl, there are some really good points mentioned for both ships so I would go ahead and check that out there, also the imperial flagship is the biggest and most beautiful ship ever made by Lego in my opinion. I actually was drooling over the sight of it in the magazine for 7 years. I said screw it and I went ahead and bought it...it was the best choice I have EVER MADE! The ship I a beauty and it can literally sit anywhere in your home and it would not look out of place. But of course its also up you because do you have a love for pirates of the Caribbean? If so then it would be a no brainer to get both the QAR and the BP. But if you simply want a ship ho for the IF. Otherwise I would try to get the IF and the QAR! I own the IF and I decided on getting the QAR and I think there going to look great together