Nachapon Lego

Counter-Strike de_dust map and CT/T minifig

Good idea!

I played that map many time, in the past. :classic:

Do you think to share le lxf file of both versions when the work will be finished?

Good idea!

I played that map many time, in the past. :classic:

Do you think to share le lxf file of both versions when the work will be finished?

Thanks, so do I. This idea let me run CS 1.6 and hammer (half-life map editor) that didn't run for many years.

I will share the lxf as soon as new LDD update release on 17th January, to make sure most recent parts set.

Include full version and less brick Q'ty version for slower PC.

I build this on low-end but new notebook, AMD A4 CPU, ATI 6470M, 8 GB RAM,. Untill now LDD run 9000+ pcs de_dust files smooth with full graphic quality-16x Anti-aliasing (CS 1.6 and hammer also running at background for building reference).

PS. Do you know how to enable Anti-aliasing and LDD advance shading at the same time?

Edited by bbqqq

PS. Do you know how to enable Anti-aliasing and LDD advance shading at the same time?

Sorry, I don't know!

In the old notebook I'm using now with LDD, I can't enable the one nor the other. :grin:

Anyway advance shading is very heavy for the graphic card: 9000pcs + AA + AS could be too much for the great part of the computers. :look:

Sorry, I don't know!

In the old notebook I'm using now with LDD, I can't enable the one nor the other. :grin:

Anyway advance shading is very heavy for the graphic card: 9000pcs + AA + AS could be too much for the great part of the computers. :look:

It is pity if LDD don't have this function. Every time when I enable advance shading then AA become disable.

And AF will cause small red pixels on object edge. Both of these problem reduce screenshot quality very much.

Not sure Nvidia's graphic card have same problem or not?

For slower PC you can enable AA / advance shading just before taking screenshot then disable them again.

Edited by bbqqq

For slower PC you can enable AA / advance shading just before taking screenshot then disable them again.

That's true, and that's why for LDD5 I requested an "Istant Graphic Enhancer": a button that will make the present view in the viewport an hight quality renderized image (don't ming if it is necessary one minute for a single frame!), so we could have very beautiful screenshots! :laugh:

Anyway I prefer to disable AA and enable advanced graphics (if available) for screenshots.

So I'm still looking for an charitable soul that will make fullHD screenshots with advanced graphics for me! :grin:

Do you enable AA for OpenGL directly from the CCC?

EDIT: I made a little test, and it seems the AA could be a bit undesirable with a transparent background. I think I'll try to AA the image with a good downsampling! :tongue:

That's true, and that's why for LDD5 I requested an "Istant Graphic Enhancer": a button that will make the present view in the viewport an hight quality renderized image (don't ming if it is necessary one minute for a single frame!), so we could have very beautiful screenshots! :laugh:

Anyway I prefer to disable AA and enable advanced graphics (if available) for screenshots.

So I'm still looking for an charitable soul that will make fullHD screenshots with advanced graphics for me! :grin:

Do you enable AA for OpenGL directly from the CCC?

EDIT: I made a little test, and it seems the AA could be a bit undesirable with a transparent background. I think I'll try to AA the image with a good downsampling! :tongue:

I have similar idea, same as POV-ray for Ldraw. My method to make best quality LDD screenshot is to enable advance shading on a very high resolusion monitor. Or use special display driver software which can set virtual desktop resolusion higher than monitor's physical resolusion (much heighter than full-HD, move mouse to edge for pan). Take the screen shot. Then reduce the image about 50% (act like 4x AA).

Yes, I enable AA directly from the CCC.

Edited by bbqqq

I have similar idea, same as POV-ray for Ldraw. My method to make best quality LDD screenshot is to enable advance shading on a very high resolution monitor. Or use special display driver software which can set virtual desktop resolusion higher than monitor's physical resolution (much higher than full-HD, move mouse to edge for pan). Take the screen shot. Then reduce the image about 50% (act like 4x AA).

That's a good solution.

I remember I used a similar solution in the past without the use of an external software... I tried now, but without success! :tongue:

What's the software you use?

PS: I think the quality could be much better than then 4x AA: AA algorithms are made to be used realtime, while downsampling algorithms of a good photo edit software are more complex and provide a better quality.

That's a good solution.

I remember I used a similar solution in the past without the use of an external software... I tried now, but without success! :tongue:

What's the software you use?

PS: I think the quality could be much better than then 4x AA: AA algorithms are made to be used realtime, while downsampling algorithms of a good photo edit software are more complex and provide a better quality.

Not an external software, Just graphic driver of AMD(Windows XP). I am looking for one that works with Windows 7.

Now 12,000+ pcs.

LDD 720p HD video + pic of de_dust

LDD 720p HD video of pirate ship

Edited by bbqqq

Almost done, I am going to put minifigs into the map. :wink:

CS LDD minifigs

Really good work with the minifigs!

I didn't thought there was so many suitable decorations in LDD.

Note that the image of the minifigs is oversized, no more than 800x600 pixels according to forum's rules. :wink:

Really good work with the minifigs!

I didn't thought there was so many suitable decorations in LDD.

Note that the image of the minifigs is oversized, no more than 800x600 pixels according to forum's rules. :wink:

Thanks, I resized it and add 5 new pics.

My link

Brickshelf down now?

de_dust bombsite B, a small part of my Counter-Srike MOC built many years ago, comes to life in Unreal Engine 5. I will try to import the full map and make a mini game later.