Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

When Pirates Meet Star Wars

gallery_101_23_281.gif

So this was my comic for the tournament of retribution II here on EB... that tournament happened along time ago, in another theme... not so far away.

The idea was Blue Coat vs Red Coat in a battle of hilarious wits. I think I got 3rd or 4th place in the tourney... and I honestly don't remember if the red or blue coats won.

So why share it here, now? I think the best joke in the whole comic might have gone over the pirates heads so maybe it will make a few of you laugh for Xmas.

Mods... I promise to never post something so Piratey (or something that is already buried in another forum) in here ever again... just give me this one... PLEASE!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Thanks for the blog Doc!! Now where were you guys when I was trying to win the tourney!!

Funny how Blue Hair actually gives off that Greedo vibe, isn't it?

I totally remember this. Too funny, for some reason it's funnier now. :blush:

Z, you'd better not tarnish the Pirates Star Wars relationship, we've lived in peace for over a millenia. :tongue:

No risk of that happening. This seems well-received. :laugh: Though I must admit I'm not quite sure how Skalldyr and Mister Phes fit in.

Mister Phes rules the Pirate forum with an iron fist and at the time Skalldyr was Classic-Pirates.com blogger.

No risk of that happening. This seems well-received. :laugh: Though I must admit I'm not quite sure how Skalldyr and Mister Phes fit in.

Well you have to remember the original comic was for the Tournament of Retribution II, so I had to cater to my audience. Mister Phes is a “boss” over in the pirates forum, so I thought he would fit perfectly as Jaba… though now I think he might take a little offense to being compared to a slug-like gangster… and Skalldyr was a redcoat and the only member who’s avatar was an animal of some sort. I thought he would make the best Chewie of the people available.

Hmmm I get all the SW references in this but the Red vs Blue stuff has gone over my head is there something I'm missing.

Hmmm I get all the SW references in this but the Red vs Blue stuff has gone over my head is there something I'm missing.

For a while in the Pirates forum there was some odd behavior with red coats vs blue coats (maybe it was partially inspired by the Halo videos from Roster Teeth... google that if you missed it). People would proclaim themselves champions of the blue coats or would have up "red coat pride" in their signatures. So the smarty pants pirate mods came up with a tournament where a person would choose to be a red coat or a blue coat and then MOC to mock the other side. Personally, I think the mods were just a little miffed with all the red vs blue that was going on WITHOUT the tourney, so this was a good way to get people to get it out of their systems.

For a while in the Pirates forum there was some odd behavior with red coats vs blue coats (maybe it was partially inspired by the Halo videos from Roster Teeth... google that if you missed it). People would proclaim themselves champions of the blue coats or would have up "red coat pride" in their signatures. So the smarty pants pirate mods came up with a tournament where a person would choose to be a red coat or a blue coat and then MOC to mock the other side. Personally, I think the mods were just a little miffed with all the red vs blue that was going on WITHOUT the tourney, so this was a good way to get people to get it out of their systems.

Ahha I see maybe I should read outside the SW sub-forums once in a while :grin:.