WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8827 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6

On a scale of 1 to 5  

195 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 6?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Will you like to see this LEGO Collectable Minifigure contest and review experience to be continued in Eurobricks?

I have to learn to stop being so sceptical on the basis of preliminary images. Looking at more detailed pictures, the series has grown on me hugely after I was initially disappointed.

Your OP made me realise though, that for some parts of the world (e.g. UK) there were four waves of CMFs released this year *oh2* I hope they slow it down a little.

Thanks for the great review!

Ah, White Fang, another fantastic review! I didn't think anything could make me want Series 6 more, but now I want it about 36831092% more! Come on, Toys R Us! Get some in stock! :laugh:

I REALLY want those minotaurs...I may have to resort to feeling up packages to find them. Too bad series 5 is over already, I only managed to get my hands on 1 evil dwarf.

3 Roman Solders

WHY does LEGO hate us so much? :sad: They KNOW it'll be the most sought-after, in the greatest quantities too...

Anyways, thanks for the review though, it's always useful to me since collectible minifigs is arguably my main theme right now.

Wow, I'm really behind the times :blush: Thanks for bring us another fantastic CMF review Fangy! I'm looking forward to these hitting the shops over here :sweet:

Indexed!

It'd be nice to at least have a chance to collect a series. I remember one of Lego's problems was making too many unique pieces just for a few sets. That was one of the things they had to stop doing to save the company. I guess maybe that's why these minifg series are so limited? Because they can't take a big risk to keep them around longer and more units? I thought they were going to sell these at super markets in the impulse shelf at the register, and at CVS, and other stores like the way Pokemon cards sold. I've seen them at Barnes and Noble in the Lego section.

The problem is that I like so much of the sets and figures but they come and go so fast! I mean give us a chance. I have once found that they were featuring some of the minifigs as parts in the build-a-fig station where you build a 3 pack. But it had no accessories featured in the packs. My niece built the cheer leader, but had no pom poms.

I dunno it just seems crazy at how much stuff us all coming at the same time and now they have a full on girls line coming.

Lego is like gold now. If you have thousands of dollars you can buy a bunch of sets and sell them in 1-2 years on ebay for profit. Or hold on them like gold bullion. Better then saving money in the bank for barley any interest, and decreasing value due to inflation of the US dollar. I used to sell silver and gold. That's why I make the comparison.

The review was awesome. These new minifigs are absolutely amazing and all the stuff Lego is coming out with is amazing. The Lego Company seems to be doing really good now and becoming more popular as time goes by and now with the new girls line, it's only going to become even more so.

I can't think of another company that makes so many releases of one type of toy. I don't know how they are able to do it.

Edited by Grimmy

Can you even begin to imagine the look on my face when I saw the tag on the Mechanic's shirt - "Raph"?

Best. Minifigure. Ever. There are only a couple of minifigs in the whole history of all the series which has anything to do with cars, and he's called Raph - not a common name. Cars are probably the things I love in the world most (apart from my family), is that weird or what? Coincidence? TLG has been known to slip in very subtle nods to their fans :P

I think I'm getting a bit too carried away though :P

Great review, I´ve thought series 5 was better when I first saw the images of series 6 but now that I read your review whitefang I`ll have to think again :classic:. Can`t wait that these comes to the stores. Whats everybodys favorit minifig in this serie? I like the Celtic warrior, sure to look for these bags :laugh:

Has Lego yet announced when these are coming to stores?

How about series 7, are there any official images yet?

January can't come sooner =_= I really want that sleepyhead one. I love the teddy and the hair piece. I also want that intergalactic girl, mostly for the helmet. This series is one of the more "colourful" ones.

Has Lego yet announced when these are coming to stores?

How about series 7, are there any official images yet?

No, I won't write about not reading the posts before you... :wink:

I have given you a link in my post.

No, I won't write about not reading the posts before you... :wink:

hehe sorry I dont always read all if there is many pages, I just scan them through, so it can be that you miss something :classic:

Yea sometimes in the first 4 months next year we will see series 6. Series 7 yes that doesn`t look so good, but the black evil knight and the futuristic commando fig looks cool. Does I will get :laugh:

WHY does LEGO hate us so much? :sad: They KNOW it'll be the most sought-after, in the greatest quantities too...

Really? I don't think they do. I don't know it, myself - you have to remember these are made with kids in mind, and kids aren't necessarily interested in army-building historical soldiery.

WhiteFang: I just picked up a set of Series 6 today and I love the entire collection. I appreciate your reviews a lot more when I actually get my hands on the sets, so had to drop a note at this time. As always, this is a fine review. I love how you picture each figure in a similar set. This makes me want to dig out my figs and start combining as you did for this review.

Among my favorites:

Bandito - goes without saying

Robot - love the retro look of this guy, In fact, he reminds me of some tin toy from the 60s.

Genie - outstanding figure. I also liked how you pictured with the Egyptian figures. Great pairing!

Minotaur - Greek mythology is just awesome.

This is another fine set and a great review. Keep 'em coming WF. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to purchase an entire box. :thumbup:

I just noticed the Roman has his belt half silvery, and half brown. Is this a misprint, or is it on every fig?

I just noticed the Roman has his belt half silvery, and half brown. Is this a misprint, or is it on every fig?

:mine has it too...

:mine has it too...

As my Romans both have the two colored belt, it seems to be the standard printing. :sceptic:

Hi,

New to this forum as a member, but visited it before for useful reviews..

Thank you for another great review of the minifigures series :)

I'm starting to complete my series 6 lineup, but happen to come across a lot of Flamenco dancers and surgeons. Too bad this series has another skater. It's either a surfer, skater or snowboarder they include in every series, not a big fan of that. I always end up with more of those figures than I actually want. Can't get enuff of the space figures. It's funny they actually made a pink suited astronaut this time :)

Thanks again for the review

Series 6 is looking great, I really like the mechanic and Roman soldier.

I voted above average in the poll, and yes I'd like to see these minifig contests and reviews continued here on EB.

For the question, what is your favourite series, I had to think for a minute. They are all so nice!

But if I have to choose, it would be series 4. The sailor and punkrocker minifig are just epic! *Why do we not have a punkrocker smilie?*

Great review Fangy, thanks for making it! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review. I am loving this series.

I think by far my favorites:Clockwork Robot, Leprechaun, Surgeon and Genie. Saturday I finally found the remaining figures I wanted and after thinking about it that only left out 2 figures. So I figure now I might as well complete the series. I still need a 2nd Surgeon too.

Thank you WhiteFang for another great review. I counted how many minifig's I liked from each series to determine the best series so far, for me at least. :grin:

Series 1: 12/16

Series 2: 14/16

Series 3: 12/16

Series 4: 12/16

Series 5: 12/16

Series 6: 8/16

Series 7: 8/16

In conclusion Series 2 had the greatest amount of minifig's that I liked, therefore that was the best series so far for me.

Edited by Macoco