Sign in to follow this  
Sebeus I

Tiny Black Pearl

[pid][/pid] 116B

All right, this is either madness or brilliant, I'll let you decide which one.

dsc04513.jpg

dsc04512.jpg

It's not entirey finished, it need some details such as lanterns and some interior work.

dsc04503.jpg

dsc04500.jpg

dsc04509.jpg

Brickshelf gallery (once public)

Have you ever heard of the theory 'making it small to make the rest look bigger' ?

I have been reorganizing my "shipyard", many ships I was building never got posted before I demolished them to provide parts for my Flying Dutchman.

I'm considering demolishing my Big Black Pearl so I can use the parts on Din's Fire which will need them to replace its gray parts (gray parts for the Flying Dutchman). As a replacement for my Black Pearl I made this smaller version (I'm considering giving it an accurate sail plan as well).

Anyway, I made more tiny ships, the first one being my trading ship (already posted here a while ago).

dsc04521.jpg

and a tiny ship-of-the-line (which I will post here later when it's finished).

(And believe it or not, this one started as a medieval siege weapon).

dsc04520.jpg

Can you imagine the possibilities with these ships ? small ships make the port look bigger and ofcourse it's a lot more practical to fill your shelf :pir_laugh2: .

So guess what, I made these small ships to make my big ship look bigger! :pir-classic:

Madness ?

Or brilliant ?

This is brilliant, no doubt^^

i very much like it. maybe u can extend techniques to a big ship. your big pearl is still waiting for hull improvements^^

edit: instead of demolishing, there is still bricklink...

Edited by IamF4u5t

I would say it is madly brilliant! Nice moc

edit - slowly looked through the techniques you used for the hull. Good stuff indeed and some tricks that I could adopt and credit you in future!

Edited by Tomcat RIO

Brilliant, I'd love to have a fleet of these on my desk. The ship of the line is awesome, very impressive that you could condense two decks onto such a small base and still have good proportions. I hope you don't ditch the full size Black Pearl though. I've been considering downsizing recently as well, I want to brickbuild my frigate but then to make an appropriately sized fort would take half my room. Great work!

I love these tiny ships! It was neat seeing those big Red Beard Runner sails made to look even bigger. :) And great detail work; I liked seeing the Collectable Minifig stands on the side...

Look for this to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

TC

Edited by TalonCard

I like your technic for the hullpart!

and small ships are not always bad, as long as a pirate (minifig) can walk it's good :D

Love the idea of the ship-of-the-line. Looks good but i think stern looks a bit off.

Anyway, they look great!

Captain Becker

Its brilliance definitely outdoes its madness :pir-sweet:

Your hulls are just awesome, I hope you dont mind if I steal borrow your techniques...

I vote for brilliant pir_laugh2.gif

I'm always amazed with the amount of detail you can put in your small ships and your micro-hull building techniques are also remarkable! Great job! pirate_blush.gif

This is brilliant, no doubt^^

i very much like it. maybe u can extend techniques to a big ship. your big pearl is still waiting for hull improvements^^

edit: instead of demolishing, there is still bricklink...

The technique loses its charm when building bigger it seems. The hull improvement is a good idea though, bricklink it is !

I would say it is madly brilliant! Nice moc

edit - slowly looked through the techniques you used for the hull. Good stuff indeed and some tricks that I could adopt and credit you in future!

Its brilliance definitely outdoes its madness :pir-sweet:

Your hulls are just awesome, I hope you dont mind if I steal borrow your techniques...

Go ahead, I'd love to see what you make out of it :pir-classic: