Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#22: Winter Problems

"While you two explore the mines, I'm going to go see what there is to see at the village housing." Boomingham sets off to the vilager housing using, swinging his sword merrily.

Here Boomingham finds some buildings built into the cave. There is currently two villagers in a conversation.

What will Boomingham do?

"Howdy, strangers. Do either of you happen to know anything about the snowy beasties that have been bothering your village? I have been contracted to protect your town, if you have any information or tools or gold that you'd like to give to us?"

"Howdy, strangers. Do either of you happen to know anything about the snowy beasties that have been bothering your village? I have been contracted to protect your town, if you have any information or tools or gold that you'd like to give to us?"

The villagers pause their conversation and turn to Boomingham.

Villager A:

"Oh, so you got here? I was wondering when you'd arrive."

Villager B:

"Weren't there 3 people, not just one?"

Villager A:

"The others are probably around the village... So you say you need some advice or such? Let me see."

Villager A walks to one of the homes and unlocks the door. He walks inside.

Villager B:

"'Ello mate. Name's Greg. He's (points to Villager A's house) Hans." Villager B takes out a pouch and retrieves 3 coins and a potion. "I got these. Hope they can help."

Hans walks out of his house.

Hans:

"Here, 'ave these. Hope they'll help you." Hans passes Boomingham a Pick-axe. "You may need this. I used to be a miner, but I have a new job now." Hans gives Boomingham 5 coins. "Hope you can help our village."

Loot:

heroica-pickaxe.jpgPickaxe – Allows the hero to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle.

heroica-sixcoins.jpg8 Gold

heroica-potion.jpgPotion – Restores 10 health to the target.

Edited by Bricksandparts

QM Note:I have to change the effect for the Jo-no tree seed.

Jo-noseed.pngJo-no tree seed - Gives hero hastened-effect, a nostrum, mead, and potion outside of battle. Usable only once.

Boomingham goes back to the tavern, but declines to gamble anymore. He twiddles his thumbs and drinks and hums, waiting for his two companions to get ready to depart.

OOC: Flare, is it okay if I take the elixir, the nostrum and a remedy leaving you with 2 remedies and a mead. It is unfair but I did find the items and I think that both the nostrum and the remedy would be more useful to me than to you, I am the only one with ether and if we are facing multiple enemies my shield attack is the only thing that can damage all enemies. What do you think?

Amorith walks back through the erie mine, listening carefully for any sign of movement.

OOC: Flare, is it okay if I take the elixir, the nostrum and a remedy leaving you with 2 remedies and a mead. It is unfair but I did find the items and I think that both the nostrum and the remedy would be more useful to me than to you, I am the only one with ether and if we are facing multiple enemies my shield attack is the only thing that can damage all enemies. What do you think?

Amorith walks back through the erie mine, listening carefully for any sign of movement.

OOC: That sounds fine, good point.

QM Note: sorry I was gone. :wacko: busy with Christmas...

Benji goes left and come to a dead end.

map3.png

Amorith listens, but only hears the sounds of mining.

Would the party like to search outside the cave now?

Heinike, Jeff, and Shash join up with the heroes as they leave the village.

The Party:

benji_carvenhall_-_icon.jpgBenji Carvenhall (Played by Flare)

Level 10½ Ranger

Power: 18 (10+8)

Health: 15/15 (15+15)

Gold: 25

Inventory: Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8) equipped, Pick-axe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 Potions, 1 Smoke bomb, 3 Remedy, 2 Mead, 1 Smelling salts, 2 Venom, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpgAmorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14 (9+5)

Health: 13/13 (13+0)

Ether: 13/13

Gold: 0 (10 gold debt to Ranger Docken)

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 5) equipped, Opal (ice), Ruby (fire), Garnet (earth), 5 Potions, 4 Tonics, 3 Remedies, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix Essence, 1 Holy bomb, 1 Smoke bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, 3 Bones, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

IMG_1583-1.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Played by Zepher) *Party Leader*

Level 13 Knight

Power: 22

Health: 22/22

Gold: 20 (20 Gold Debt to Sylph)(10 gold debt to Amorith Marvelo)

Inventory: King of the Desert (WP: 9, Fire) equipped, Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 2 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 3 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

HeinikeAvatarpicture.pngHeinike(NPC controlled by QM)

Level 15 Hunter

Power: 26

Health: 24/24

Gold:150

Inventory: Enchanted Longbow (WP: 10) equipped, Amulet Knife (WP: 12), 3 Potions, Bedroll, 1 Mead, 1 Nostrum, 1 Smelling salts

JeffAvatarpicture.pngJeff(NPC controlled by PL)

Level 8 Barbarian

Health: 16/16

Gold:35

Inventory: Scout Sword (WP: 7) equipped, Bedroll, 1 Mead

ShashAvatarpicture.pngShash(NPC controlled by PL)

Level 8 Knight

Power: 20

Health: 20/20

Gold:45

Extra Items:

heroica-pickaxe.jpgPickaxe – Allows the hero to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle.

heroica-sixcoins.jpg8 Gold

heroica-potion.jpgPotion – Restores 10 health to the target.

NPC Items:

enchantedlongbow.pngEnchanted Longbow - (WP: 10) Causes elemental damage to all opponents when miss is rolled. Suitable for Barbarians and Rangers.

Amuletknife.pngAmulet Knife - (WP: 12) - Causes a random effect (Hexed, Enarmored, Blinded, Poisoned, Asleep, or petrified) each time shield is rolled. Suitable for Barbarians and Knights.

scoutsword.pngScout Sword - (WP: 7) Suitable for Barbarians and Knights.

NPC Note: Only Heinike (Controlled by me :devil: ) can use NPC items. In other words, I must approve for you to use the items.

The party leaves the Village. Right away, they face many decisions. Where will the party go? The party is currently in the Green area.

The party heads to the Look-out building.

qiofyhxcbruir8.png

kdfhruigh2398klew.png

The party must move to touching areas.

Note:

Each time the party moves, the weather may change.

Blizzard: The party may not move and must stay for the next turn.

Snowy: The party can move up to one space.

Calm: The party can move up to two spaces.

Boomingham hands Marvelo 4 gold and Benji 4 gold, and then keeps the pick-axe and potion. He also gives Marvelo the 10 gold he owes him. "Sorry chaps, but with the division of the stuff that Marvelo found earlier, this seems fair. I'd also like to search the yellow zone. Onwards and upwards! Heinike, glad to see you're traveling with us once more! Those are some mighty fine weapons you've got there!"

The Party:

benji_carvenhall_-_icon.jpgBenji Carvenhall (Played by Flare)

Level 10½ Ranger

Power: 18 (10+8)

Health: 15/15 (15+15)

Gold: 29

Inventory: Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8) equipped, Pick-axe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 Potions, 1 Smoke bomb, 3 Remedy, 2 Mead, 1 Smelling salts, 2 Venom, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

6540971895_387684ee2a_t.jpgAmorith Marvelo (Played by legobodgers)

Level 9 Mage

Power: 14 (9+5)

Health: 13/13 (13+0)

Ether: 13/13

Gold: 14 (10 gold debt to Ranger Docken)

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 5) equipped, Opal (ice), Ruby (fire), Garnet (earth), 5 Potions, 4 Tonics, 3 Remedies, 2 Meads, 1 Nostrum, 1 Phoenix Essence, 1 Holy bomb, 1 Smoke bomb, Shovel, Bedroll, 3 Bones, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

IMG_1583-1.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Played by Zepher) *Party Leader*

Level 13 Knight

Health: 22/22

Gold: 10 (20 Gold Debt to Sylph)

Inventory: King of the Desert (WP: 9, Fire) equipped, Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), 3 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 3 Meads, 1 Nostrum, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed

HeinikeAvatarpicture.pngHeinike(NPC controlled by QM)

Level 15 Hunter

Power: 26

Health: 24/24

Gold:150

Inventory: Enchanted Longbow (WP: 10) equipped, Amulet Knife (WP: 12), 3 Potions, Bedroll, 1 Mead, 1 Nostrum, 1 Smelling salts

JeffAvatarpicture.pngJeff(NPC controlled by PL)

Level 8 Barbarian

Health: 16/16

Gold:35

ShashAvatarpicture.pngShash(NPC controlled by PL)

Level 8 Knight

Power: 20

Health: 20/20

Gold:45

NPC Items:

enchantedlongbow.pngEnchanted Longbow - (WP: 10) Causes elemental damage to all opponents when miss is rolled. Suitable for Barbarians and Rangers.

Amuletknife.pngAmulet Knife - (WP: 12) - Causes a random effect (Hexed, Enarmored, Blinded, Poisoned, Asleep, or petrified) each time shield is rolled. Suitable for Barbarians and Knights.

scoutsword.pngScout Sword - (WP: 7) Suitable for Barbarians and Knights.

The party heads onto the yellow area.

Weather: Calm

Here, the party finds nothing of any true importance.

djksfge89olastg834.png

What will the party do? You can move up to 2 areas before the weather may change.

Edited by Bricksandparts

OoC: Not big on ooc posts that aren't correcting things, but what a lovely scene! :thumbup:

Boomingham sings as he walks through the pine trees. "Red bird, blue bird in the snow, you'd be easy to spot high or low. For a predator from up high, to snatch you up and wring you dry."

Boomingham breaths in heavily. He has not seen snow in a great many years. The air is fresh and cool and clears his mind. The pine smells fresh and bitter. Boomingham smiles. "This is what it must be like to be sober," he whispered to Marvelo. "A clear head isn't all that bad from time to time." He then turns to his guides. "Of to the river, I suppose. We don't need to check the village, do we?"

I carefully look around for any tracks or unusual marking.

OOC: have we followed the trail that we saw in one of the early pictures?

"Are there any animals around? I could talk to them, if there were."

Benji calls for some animals.

QM Note: BTW, there is a reason I am using the weather (Calm, Snowy, or Blizzard) If I had no reason to use it, you'd still get to areas in basically the same real time. I'm not going to tell you what it is, but you can probably figure it out.

OOC: have we followed the trail that we saw in one of the early pictures?

Not yet.

"Are there any animals around? I could talk to them, if there were."

Benji calls for some animals.

Bengi looks around for some animals, but finds nothing but snow, snow, snow, and some pine trees.

Amorith carefully look around for any tracks or unusual marking.

Amorith looks around for tracks. He finds nothing of use, but they could have been there, just covered in snow by now.

"Of to the river, I suppose. We don't need to check the village, do we?"

The party travels to the crossing between the yellow area and the red. they are currently walking on the frozen river. where will the party go? from here, you can go to the intersection of the river (1 walk), to the red (0 walk), yellow (0 walk), or the green (1 walk).

The weather by default is: calm (1 walk left)

"Why didn't we follow the trail? There might have been clues."

Amorith addressed Boomingham.

Edited by legobodgers

Why didn't we follow the trail? There might have been clues.

QM Note: If you would like to post an OOC, then show that you mean to. Sometimes I'm not sure if that is what Amorith is saying, or if you are asking me. Please specify in other words.

You can choose to follow the trail(s), I'm just moving the party where Boomingham says to go. Also, the trail may not be the final say-so in this matter.

OOC. That was addressed to my fellow questers, when I post out of character I use OOC. I should have made it more clear by putting it in quotation marks though.

"So, Boomingham, I think it would be worth following that trail. There may be vital clues and even if there is not there may be loot."

Amorith was cold, very cold, he didn't shiver though, elves never did, nor did they sweat. He was used to forrest's but not ones like this, where he was from it very rarely snowed in the forrest's. He wrapped himself more tightly in his lizard skin cloak. This lizard this skin had been taken from was from his last quest when the blinding heat made life difficult. Amorith forced himself to think of that time and felt warmer.