Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Stabbin

Ruins of Palenque

[pid][/pid]196D

Hello everybody! It's been a while since I posted here, so I figured I'd share my latest creation. I have always been fascinated the Maya civilization. I decided to base this one on one of the greatest may cities of all, Palenque.

dsc03081.jpg

dsc03082.jpg

dsc03086.jpg

dsc03087.jpg

I based my MOC off of these pics:

nov-5-069.jpg

nov-5-077.jpg

Thanks for looking!

C & C welcome

:jollyroger:

It's amazing how the stones from the old Mayan temples still exist. It reminds me of the old city of Chichenitza. :pir-classic:

Good job! Simplified, but really catches the feel of that ancient building. Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I had my honeymoon in Mexico and we visited done Mayan ruins, man these bring me back.

I think they are very accurate to your pictures and even if the pictures were not there for reference, I think they would still be pretty recognizable.

Good job! Simplified, but really catches the feel of that ancient building. Expect it to be blogged soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks! It's a real honor to be on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates!

A cool build, especially the palm trees are lovely. :pir-wub:

Nicely done!

Thanks. I've been working with different palm variations. I think they work out nice.

Nice touch although the palm trees shouldn't be there it's really nice :) :thumbup:

It looks accurate to me except for the palmtrees :pirate: but nevertheless great job :thumbup:

Palm trees are all I have at the moment, and there has to be trees! It just isn't the same without them.

That area of Mexico is tropical rainforest. There are several varieties of palm trees in the region. Your interpretation is beautiful. Now, I'd like to see someone do the Mayan calendar, maybe for a 2012 party?

Looks pretty good indeed !

As good of a MOC as this was, please refrain from bumping old topics to say thing like, great job or it looks good.

Thank You