Bonaparte

Server Upgrade!

Dear member and guests,

Few hours ago our server was upgraded and most resources are now doubled. We hope this will end the occasional slowness of our site which occurred these past few weeks.

Due to the increased visitors of our site - 900 people at the same time on Eurobricks is an average during certain periods of the day - we were lacking mainly CPU power to cope with this high traffic. Our CPU resources have now been increased (and we have one more core) while at the same time we doubled the memory of our server.

Let's hope this will give us the speeds we all want.

- The Eurobricks Admins

That's great to hear, Bonaparte. Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this for us, EB Staff. :classic:

Good work and a great update it seems: the website loads extremely fast now. :thumbup:

Thanks, a few days ago it started getting really slow (5 minutes to load the frontpage, which normally takes under 30 seconds for me). Seems to be running a lot faster today though.

I don't really see a difference (my Internet is always slow :tongue: ), but I'm sure this will help deal with the huge amounts of members. Thanks staff!

Very nice. More importantly though, I didn't experience the site being offline during the switch, unlike the last time we switched servers. Anything done differently?

Very nice. More importantly though, I didn't experience the site being offline during the switch, unlike the last time we switched servers. Anything done differently?

Yes, this time we could keep our server IP address so there was no DNS update needed. When the IP address has to be changed it usually causes a long downtime 24h+ for this change to ripple through to all Internet DNS servers.

Thanks to the Eurobricks Admins, i was experiencing time-outs the last weeks on Eurobricks, hope this solves it (it looks like it).

Keep the good stuff going on at Eurobricks, i think this is one of the best Lego forums on the web :thumbup:

Well done Bonaparte :thumbup:! Very smooth surfing now! Are we running on Joshua now :wink:?

*Snip*

I hope not, the tic-tac-toe tournament is next week. :look: