Hej,

I think I got it in 6-7 hours in a nightshift. ;)

Modification with more PF and tooks me about 20 hours :-)

Max

What better place for a first post. :)

This took me about seven hours with a relaxed pace and a couple of mods on the run. I read about the steering problems with this model, so I changed the friction pins to axles on the steering linkage. The steering is now very smooth by itself, unfortunately most of the friction comes from the tyres. I also removed the pins limiting steering movement and the model turns very well now.

Lurvio

For me, it's something around 4 hours (exactly 3 hours and 50 minutes)

Is that a joke,I don't think it possible build it in that time lol, took me 8 hours and enjoyed it :)

Is that a joke,I don't think it possible build it in that time lol, took me 8 hours and enjoyed it :)

Not a joke. Really, i built 8110 twice, and it's possible to build it in this time.

And for example - Building 8043 took me something about 3 hours and 20 minutes.

it took me about 7 hours

does it matter how long it takes to build the 8110?

just enjoy it.

So true! default_satisfied.gif

Average building time seems to be around 250 - 300 pieces per hour, depending on the model and the builder.

and the builder.

And this is one of a keys for fast building. Second key is sorting pieces before taking challenge.

And this is one of a keys for fast building. Second key is sorting pieces before taking challenge.

True! Unpacking and sorting are very influential for the overall time it takes. I always take my time unpacking and sorting. It's possibly the phase I like most.

Not a joke. Really, i built 8110 twice, and it's possible to build it in this time.

And for example - Building 8043 took me something about 3 hours and 20 minutes.

The 8043 consists of 1123 pieces, which will normally (250/300 pieces per hour) take about 4 hours. So 3h20 is not that strange.

However, building the Unimog (2000+ pieces) in 3h50 does seem a little bit fast.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Ah well that's cheating! The clock starts the moment you open the box :wink:

It took me around 7-8 hours from opening the box to finishing the model, I also smoke a lot and drink a lot of cofee while building, so I really believe that if you concentrate enough, you should be able to put it together in 3-4 hours ( but where is enjoying the process of building there :sceptic: ). Second time it took me around 5-6 hours, but I had all of my parts sorted :-)

cheers :thumbup:

It took me around 7-8 hours from opening the box to finishing the model, I also smoke a lot and drink a lot of cofee while building, so I really believe that if you concentrate enough, you should be able to put it together in 3-4 hours ( but where is enjoying the process of building there :sceptic: ). Second time it took me around 5-6 hours, but I had all of my parts sorted :-)

cheers :thumbup:

Replace the coffee with some southern comfort and your in heaven my friend!

I am upto around 4 weeks so far... Opened box did a few stages and then put away to stop little fingers stealing pieces and not had time to get back on it!

I always take time when building. It certainly is not a race for me.

The unimog took me about 1.5 days. And I enjoyed it so much!

I always take time when building. It certainly is not a race for me.

The unimog took me about 1.5 days. And I enjoyed it so much!

I most definitely agree with you! Rushing your build seems utterly useless to me. Enjoy the fun, while it lasts.

About 8 hours, fueled by 1 Dominos (large Big Smokey pizza, wings and a 1.5l Coke) 8 cans of Red Stripe and half a 20 deck of Benson and Hedges... wasted hours since building a new crane for it which is soon to be seen on the mods, accessories and new equipment thread!...

I can remember starting simply in the morning, e.g. around 9:00, and not being done before about 16:00, so that's seven hours minus the time taken for lunch :) (all in one go). And I usually go at a relaxed pace. Especially at the beginning I'm taking my time :) And I never sort the parts before starting, I just open the bags in separate boxes and get right to building.

By the way the numbered bags help making the total time a little bit less than usual.

I changed jobs and moved house earlier in the year so had to take a big chunk of holidays in September. I was a good boy and never opened the box despite buying it in July!

Got all the chores and house jobs I needed done before taking a very leisurely 4 days with the radio on and frequent coffees. Totally worth the wait.

If I remember correctly, it took my wife about a week to build the Unimog... I bought 2 Unimog sets for her because she wanted to build the Unimog with both the claw in the back and the plow in front... She spent quite a few hours the first night sorting all of the parts from one set into about 40 different groups into various containers and sorting compartments... I went in to check on her progress and noticed the dozen or so empty plastic bags and said "You know... I think these bags were numbered for a reason..." :wink: