30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like sludge?

• Excellent!
    • Good
    • OK
    • Poor
    • Horrid

Set Index: Toxic Reapa

Battle the heroes with LEGO Hero Factory Toxic Reapa toxic waste attack!

“Heroes! TOXIC REAPA has escaped from Hero Factory and has been detected on his to home planet of Z’chaya. We need you to recapture him quick, but use caution. He’s armed with a deadly toxic waste attack, crushing claws and powerful laser cutters. Heroes, we’re counting on you!”

• Features toxic tanks, toxic jets, crushing claws and laser cutters
  • Highly flexible and poseable elements
  • Unique code for 200 game points for LEGO Hero Factory BREAKOUT game
  • Battle with hero 6200 EVO!
  • Combine with 6200 EVO for an even bigger model!
  • Stands over 6" (15cm) tall

DSC09845es.JPG

Toxic and cute; what an dangerous combination!

DSC09850es.JPG

The Heroes get a standard "H", but the villians get a custom image. Nice touch. (The 3D effect of this is rather good.)

DSC09852es.JPG

Nothing exciting on the back... so much so that it has no real "action" shot. Don't get me wrong though; I love how TLG are happy to sell shooter-less figures now.

6201cover.jpg

Well it's time to unzip! Now that it's flat you can see it better. Evo seems to think he's going to get Toxic Reapa... but he'll be sludged.

DSC09857es.JPG

The exciting contents! It's a bit hard to see thing like this so...

DSC09859es.JPG

Lime lovers rejoice! (I'm becoming one! :tongue: )

6201part.jpg

From an other perspective. Action figure sets often look a bit simplistic in this form though.

DSC09862es.JPG

First off the head! I would like to say especially that it's wonderful to see a return of holed eyes. Even with nothing behind them I think they look a lot better.

DSC09863es.JPG

Like other sets from this batch it's axeled and un-interesting inside. But it's a great head so I'm OK with that.

DSC09869es.JPG

The hoses! A common theme at the moment. I'll have to make a MOC using all the colours! :laugh:

DSC09872es.JPG

Lime system! I love it when TLG mix normal system in action figure sets.

DSC09883es.JPG

These are one of the highlights of the set. The colour works really well with this set.

DSC09886es.JPG

People who buy cross-theme (like me!) will have plenty of these, but I think they're new in Hero Factory. In either case they're nice pieces.

DSC09891es.JPG

Time to build! As a hunched-over type fig he's different. The pins on the shoulder are for the sludge, and the center parts are for the head and chest.

DSC09894es.JPG

...and he's ready to sludge you!

DSC09896es.JPG

From the rear he looks OK, but he's helped by the dark panels.

DSC09900es.JPG

The spare parts... notice anything odd?

6201inst.jpg

Yeah, one of the interesting things about this line is that you get a Hero badge regardless of if the set is a Hero or Villain. Did he steal it? Who knows! I do find it funny that they show it in the final instructions shot though.

DSC09877es.JPG

They all have a unique (supposedly) code that gives you game credit.

DSC09878es.JPG

The other side is much like previous badges, but they've used the same colour as the text to darken the insides.

6201game.jpg

I haven't tried the game yet but there's adverts for it in every instruction!

Toxic is a lot of fun, and friendly too!

DSC09952es.JPG

But Evo will have none of that and he prepares the cuffs...

DSC09954es.JPG

...but as promised he's sludged. Another happy ending.

DSC00020es.JPG

Party time!

Ratings

Posability:

Quite good actually! You'd think the hoses would be an annoyance by they are just the right length. Also, since most of his panels are the smaller ones his limbs have a good range of motion. 10/10

Parts:

Aside from the mask, the biggest appeal is the recolours 7/10

Looks:

One of my favorite small villains for a while. Even though I'm a bit tired of those feet parts the hunched-over look plus the big shoulders works really well. The colour scheme is especially good. 10/10

Fudge:

Sludge, sludge, sludge, sludge, sludge, sludge. 10/10

Overall:

Getting the impression I like this one? No, well I do! Buy! 9/10

This review is part of a series. If you feel some aspect wasn't covered be sure to check my review for Black Phantom, Evo and Rocka before asking about it! I might improve some of these photos if time permits... but if you have anything in mind please feel free to ask.

6200comb.jpg

EDIT: Combiner.

Tanks for the review ! I do have a request : a picture of the combiner between evo and sludge. Again, thanks.

:laugh: Well that was going to go in the Evo review but since you called him "Sludge" I'll add it here as well.

How much does this set go for?

This set has some parts in good colors for system builders like me :grin:

It's not my favorite Hero Factory villain, but I think a small set like this with all these neat colored parts is always welcome.

I love how not only is this guy's torso uniquely-armored compared to other characters, but the end result is quite unique in physique and posture compared to other sets. It goes to show how even sets using the default torso bone don't have to be structurally identical, with only aesthetic differences. IMO all three of the small villain sets for next year demonstrate how the Hero Factory 2.0 building system isn't about to run out of potential anytime soon.

With 6 trans lime HF armor pieces, I would have given it 11/10 for pieces. I thin I'll get three because I have great plans for the trans goodness.

This guy is just great, even his combiner seems to be much better than the other combiners shown yet.

It's a nice set, but compared to other villains from the last few years (Bionicle and HF), I can only give him an average score. I've built the set. From the first time I saw the mask as rapid prototypes and being worked on in 3D Cad (a long time ago), I found the mask to be to my dislike. Maybe it will grow on me with time. I do like the overall proportions of the set though.

Edited by Front

Nice review! I'm looking forward for your review of Evo.

I have mixed feelings about Sludge. The design of his arms is glorious, and I also like all the transgreen that's going on there. But the visible neck joint above his head is bugging me a bit (though it's not as obvious as in many of the 2010 villains).

Oh, and I'm surprised that he doesn't even have so much lime pieces and still looks very lime (similiar to Furno 3.0, who looks very red).

One question though: Are his feet new? I remember something about a redesign of these clawed feet, but they don't look much different from the old ones...

It's a nice set, but compared to other villains from the last few years (Bionicle and HF), I can only give him an average score. I've built the set. From the first time I saw the mask as rapid prototypes and being worked on in 3D Cad (a long time ago), I found the mask to be to my dislike. Maybe it will grow on me with time. I do like the overall proportions of the set though.

Considering the price, this guy should be compared to heroes, agori or matorans (including evil matorans). Nothing Bionicle has done in that price range has much to do against this (though I have become Bionicle hater#1 after loving HF 2.0 so much, so I am biased). I count 1.0 Heroes to be part of Bionicle, so that includes them as well.

Next on the 2.0 and 3.0 Heroes, this guy has a big advantage over them and it is that it is not using the same exact build as other <i>5</i> sets.

In fact, I'll be honest and this guy beats in my opinion plenty of the HF villains themselves. That includes all the 1.0 villains, specially Meltdown who is less pose-able and has poor quality yellow plastic. Then we have the 2.0 villains. I would say this guy is definitely better than the villains that are not nitroblast. Skip to 3.0 and this guy manages to beat wasp and scorpion for me.

On top of that, let us add 6 trans lime pieces and this thing is the best thing ever created (in my opinion).

Toxic Reapa, is honestly my #1 favorite set from the winter lineup, in terms of what i have seen from photo and video reviews so far.

Firstly, (despite his name being similar to my gamertag;p) he has a very nice colorscheme. no random colors that have a hard time flowing, they all are very well together. The translucent parts are especially nice. His helmet looks great as well, unique and very much to the point where it makes the whole figure look as if it's a halo Grunt! :wink:

I'll certainly be picking up multiple of this set. A good parts pack, and a great set indeed

Edit; Ah, and I also appreciate the extra effort to give a spare hero core piece for the code, they could have easily just done something like in 2004, by putting the code on a car in the package. Great for MOCing purposes

A great solution I've found for fixing Toxic Reapa's exposed ball joint is to add one of the smallest bone pieces available (not the extenders, but the piece used as Raw-Jaw's lower legs) pointing straight from the balljoint towards the head, and putting a black 3-long armor piece on the balljoint, creating a cool looking effect from all sides.

Looking to be my second favorite "normal" sized villain from this wave, and that all depends on how well Thornraxx holds up out of box.

Thanks for the review, Siegfried! I watched the video and I'm disturbed... Very disturbed.

Anyway, Sludge seems to be one of the stars of this line. Great pieces, great design. The tanks cover up his exposed ball joint pretty well, I'll probably add a hand piece there to cover it up. This guy doesn't seem to disappoint, can't wait to get him!

Thank you for the review!

This seems to be a cool little set :sweet:

By the way, when will you do a review for Evo?

Alright, when I play with Toxic Reapa, he's getting a British accent. :laugh:

:tongue:

One question though: Are his feet new? I remember something about a redesign of these clawed feet, but they don't look much different from the old ones...

No, they are exactly the same as the ones on Waspix.

Thanks for the review, Siegfried! I watched the video and I'm disturbed... Very disturbed.

My work here is done.

By the way, when will you do a review for Evo?

Tomorrow. It's mostly done. I just had Christmas stuff to do today and yesterday.

Thanks for the rev!

One of my favorite villains in this wave: translucent-transparent neon green and lime are amazing just as the shoulders and the new torso structure are, mask is nice and whole proportion really gives character to Grim Toxic Reapa. A fun little set, would be great to have one.

Edited by wghost