Sign in to follow this  
wokajablocka

Feeding time

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi guys Ive been working on my entry over the weekend, put in over 24 hours work into this so far and its not finished (finding parts is killing me :damn: , I need to sort my elements out better). My work is not the best but is getting better with each build.

Here is a sneek peek at whats to come. :wink:

dsc00170.jpg

Just a test shot to see if the lighting a feel is right. It shouldnt be hard to guess what is going on in the rest of the scene.

So I have ran out of parts and time but here is my scene

movie_screen_grab.jpg

dsc00225.jpg

dsc00223.jpg

dsc00228.jpg

dsc00229.jpg

Happy New Years everyone, all the best and keep bricking in 2012 :thumbup:

Edit: Add new pics

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

It’s coming along nicely! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Edited by Dapper-D2

Looks very cool so far.... When can we expect the final piece?

Well I really want to do the comunity and myself a favor and compleate a MOC with good details and that is mostly accurite. Ive spent hours already on it and will spend as much as I can befor the Dec 31 dead line. I will have some time off work from the 23rd so hope to get more building in befor the end of the year. I could post pics of the whole thing now but it looks a little unfinshed and there are more details I can put in. I want to try an dget the minifgs accuite as possable and not look too generic. I also want to work on the lighing, lighting can make or break a MOC when creating a scene making sure it reflects what your trying to recreate.

Im running out of tan parts and no time to Bricklink and order :facepalm: .

Edited by wokajablocka

Have all these posts been moved from the future sets thread or something :wacko:?

I saw comments on my post, then started reading it and they where not related to my post :wacko: . A mod must have merged these posts from another tread, can some one fix it please :wink: ? Eveything after the 7th post has been moved.

Only 2 days to finalise my CB entry *oh2* .

I'm still working on the photographing phase of mine. I want to do a specialized shot, but it's not turning out too well. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, from the preview photo this looks interesting! I hope it turns out how you want it. I can honestly say, I'm really liking the creations from this community build.

And to comment on the merged post(s?), yeah that's unusual. However, nobody's perfect. Was probably an honest mistake. :wink:

I have updated the first post with the final pics. Not exactly finished due to time but I'm pretty happy with it.

Since the first pic I have updated Jabba's BBQ and rebuilt the walls, stairs and throne.

I also spent a few hours trying to make Salacious B. Crumb as I though he was an important character to have in the scene. I went through a few different designs but due to his size I was limited to what I could do. I still wanted to keep his triangle shaped head but its a shame that I dont have tan teeth elements to replace the silver ones, but silver still looked better than white IMO.

Excellent work wokajablocka! :thumbup: The lighting is well done, and you’ve added a lot of really nice detail including the grey throne ‘heads’. I especially like your Salacious crumb, very cute!

Great to see you're finished, wokajablocka. I'm sure you've put a lot of effort in the creation, based on the result. The details are there, and the overall look of this scene is awesome. I would love to see more of your creations in the future. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Very nice work! There's so much to look at in this MOC. :drool: The 'throne' platform is my favorite - it seems simple as a build, but it works perfectly.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I was wondering when you were going to finish it... Very nice job, looks just like OG scene... Hats off to you.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

nice rendition of the jabba/luke scene, you have recreated the atmosphere nicely though i would have left out that last picture, makes the moc look unfinished and a lil out of perspective

Thanks everyone for the comment, I really put alot of time a effort into this and it seemed to pay off.

Excellent work wokajablocka! :thumbup: The lighting is well done, and you’ve added a lot of really nice detail including the grey throne ‘heads’. I especially like your Salacious crumb, very cute!

I wanted to try and get the details right as well as the lighting. I spent a few hours playing with Salacious trying to get him right as he had to be their and keeping him around minifig fig scale was hard. He has no legs or tail but his colour is pritty correct, i was just missing his black beak.

Great to see you're finished, wokajablocka. I'm sure you've put a lot of effort in the creation, based on the result. The details are there, and the overall look of this scene is awesome. I would love to see more of your creations in the future. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thanks man, I did put more into it than it looks. I made the stairs that leads you down to Jabbas throne room and its not even in the pic. I rebuit the BBQ 3 times after finding more parts each time. The wall Lando is standing next to was rebuilt 4 times trying to get it right. The main arch over Jabba was buit upside down as I didnt have enough up slopes in tan and took a while to intergrate it seemlessly to the other wall. A lot of time but had fun :grin: .

Very nice work! There's so much to look at in this MOC. :drool: The 'throne' platform is my favorite - it seems simple as a build, but it works perfectly.

Thanks Doc, I wanted to finnaly make something worthy. I tryed to make the skin mats that Leia was sitting on with DK Tan but its hard to see and I left out the pillows but apart from that everything should be there.

nice rendition of the jabba/luke scene, you have recreated the atmosphere nicely though i would have left out that last picture, makes the moc look unfinished and a lil out of perspective

Yeah it dose look unfinished but my ambishion got the best of me. The scene grew bigger and bigger and I ran out of parts. I would have realy liked to build the whole throme room with sitting areas behind the arches and Jabbas prize, Han on the wall but I just cant do it. Originally it was only going to be about a 16x16 vig but look how it ended up :wink: . I wanted to show the stairs and other entrance and a diffent angle, IMO I will show it agin inthe futrue as I do like to see how people make their MOC's. Unfortunalty my MOC can only be viewd from one angle, the angle from the screen grab from the move from the refrence unlike somthing like Elanders Scrap Press which is beutiful inside and out.

Thanks again guys, cant wait to get time to my next build.

This MOC really captures the scene and the atmosphere from the scene - Leia's face is priceless :tongue: The lighting really adds to the feel of this moc :thumbup: Your last picture goes to show how much framing and lighting means to the atmosphere and scale.

Well done! :thumbup:

Thhis is a fantastic build. Great job!

Please don't bump a topic from two years ago just to say 'nice MOC'. Thanks.