ER0L

MOCs: ER0L's Cars

Hi ER0L,

this is a real beauty (like I said before)! Great looking and bolt Vette! The new bicolor-trim makes it much more aggressively and faster!

I like the silouette very much and I guess, your MOC shall be the one before the facelift with die new sloped rear end and its different rear lights, right?

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Maik aka Farnheim

I like how the car created.

7-wide style the best choice if you want to the driver and passenger seated nearby.

Thanks a lot, exis, sorry for the delay.

Hi ER0L,

this is a real beauty (like I said before)! Great looking and bolt Vette! The new bicolor-trim makes it much more aggressively and faster!

I like the silouette very much and I guess, your MOC shall be the one before the facelift with die new sloped rear end and its different rear lights, right?

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Maik aka Farnheim

Thanks Maik, always appreciated, sorry for the delay. Thanks a lot for your hints concerning the color scheme and the front design, it seems to be much appreciated (turned out to be my most successful MOC on MOCpages so far)! - Well, it is kind of a mixture between the two types since it seems very difficult to me to design bumpers that go well with the design. Either way it is meant as a C3. Thanks again!

Another pic of the Vette, now with some chrome which in my view goes very well with it:

6741558751_23738892c1_z.jpg

Now a new one, another classic car:

#8 Ferrari 308 GTS

It is partially based on the first supercar, so that it was quite fun to build (other than the Vette). Doors are openable (sadly you can't see it here; more photos on MOCpages). Credits to Sabby M. (use of panels as doors) and to Legohaulic (use of the technic axle with stud at the rear end). Both was quite important here. The pop-up headlights (already used with the first supercar) are taken from somebody I don't remember, sorry. C&C welcome, thanks for looking!

(@bootz: If this one screams Lamborghini to you, I might get a problem with the next one! :laugh:)

6748095855_9b204d249e_z.jpg

6748096045_f41dd6b36d_z.jpg

Hi all! Something already known and something new to add in this 7w cars thread.

The following Vettes have their own threads:

#9 Stephanie's Cool Corvette

Thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65590

6795350755_7e0dc0a0dc_z.jpg

#10 Heartlake County Highway Patrol

Thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66403

6890482889_575c2c3cb9_z.jpg

Now something new:

#11 Gran Turismo "Rih"

Derived from the Muscle Car, but with a fastback. Since I wanted it to be black (including rims) I called it "Rih" after a famous blackhorse from a novel. I wanted to get a maximum of shaping here - no color to disturb the lines. You decide if I was wrong or right.

6896189607_724b6ed662_z.jpg

6896189703_32a6035c29_z.jpg

6896189539_9825f17aac_z.jpg

#12 Stephanie's Cool Cadillac

Some glamour for Heartlake City - another car from the "Stephanie's Cool Car Series", but with a completely new frame. So I had to learn quite a few things again. Main inspirations from mijasper (overall shape), Misterzumbi (overall shape, fin design) and derjoe (tile snotting technique). The white wall tires (can't do without) are customized.

You will see that there are no special Friends features any more with this car. It's fun to play with them (see "Cool Corvette") but I rather think about how to create a more realistic Heartlake City (at least as the vehicles are concerned). It turns out that the 7w car style fits the minidoll scale very well IMHO. Now Steph needs some boulevards to cruise on! :wink:

6908531653_5420ba295a_z.jpg

6908517545_9b152c3f58_z.jpg

6908517677_673854311d_z.jpg

6908517611_0e7e0e317c_z.jpg

6908517917_2047b957fc_z.jpg

C&C welcome as usual. Thanks for looking!

Edited by ER0L

AWESOME cars.....again from you 'ER0L', I saw the Gran Turismo in black...sweet ride :grin: and then the Cadillac....I :wub: it ! :grin:

Keep then coming 'ER0L'.....Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

That cadillac looks awesome, ER0L, very well done! Great work on the front, stacking those bricks loosely on each other is a simple, yet ingenious idea.

Cool new rides EROL. Really like the classic Cadillac with the white wall tires and the chrome rims. Haven't commented on your corvette yet so I will say it's my favorite of all your designs. Can tell you put a lot of time into that one. Going to build any of your cars in other colors? Keep up the good work!

Edited by danthaman11

AWESOME cars.....again from you 'ER0L', I saw the Gran Turismo in black...sweet ride :grin: and then the Cadillac....I :wub: it ! :grin:

Keep then coming 'ER0L'.....Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

Thanks a lot lightningtiger. Glad you like them. Getting a rating like this from you is quite an honor, I appreciate it very much.

That cadillac looks awesome, ER0L, very well done! Great work on the front, stacking those bricks loosely on each other is a simple, yet ingenious idea.

Thanks a lot BrickBox, glad you like it! In fact this is an old, but official technique which I know from the motorbike sets 393 and 394. We boys spent a lot of time to get the cylinder heads right. I don't know if it was used in later models.

Very nice lineup of cars, really like the low profile stance, well done

Thanks a lot Brickmamba, glad you like them!

Cool new rides EROL. Really like the classic Cadillac with the white wall tires and the chrome rims. Haven't commented on your corvette yet so I will say it's my favorite of all your designs. Can tell you put a lot of time into that one. Going to build any of your cars in other colors? Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot danthaman11, always appreciated. Glad you like them. Usually I am not so fond of customizing Lego, but concerning wheels I make an exeption. A car like the Caddy would just look odd without white wall tires and some chrome. At least all the parts are original. Glad you like the Vette most - this indeed was the most challenging build so far.

Concerning colors I must say I would always like to build some more versions in different colors but then I rather build another car :wink: . I just need the time since I am a very slow builder. But I've just added photos of the two different Friends Vettes to the last post - they are also color variations, if you will.

Thanks a lot all for commenting and for viewing!

EROL, I am really getting tired of you creating all these great carsdefault_laugh2.gif! You know I am just kidding, rightdefault_satisfied.gif? You have got some of the best ideas. Someday I will finish one that might be as gooddefault_blush.gif. As I have heard others say: Build On!

EROL, I am really getting tired of you creating all these great carsdefault_laugh2.gif! You know I am just kidding, rightdefault_satisfied.gif? You have got some of the best ideas. Someday I will finish one that might be as gooddefault_blush.gif. As I have heard others say: Build On!

Oh, haven't seen this before. Thanks a lot Oran! Well you know that I like your vehicles very much, too - and if I look at the way people commented on your MOCs here it rather seems to me I've got to learn something from you. :wink:

I don't know where your white convertible is right now (have the impression I have seen it here, too) but hopefully we will get to see it again since IMHO it is one of the greatest designs of a 4 wide sports car that exists. And I am not talking about the chrome :wink:

Thanks again all for commenting and viewing!

[Edit] Still something to add. There is a new 7 wide cars group on Flickr now. Check it out - you will find some fantastic vehicles there (and I am not talking about my own stuff). It is still growing, of course, but there are already more 7 wide cars builders than I had ever thought. We are looking forward to new members!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lego7widecars/

Thanks all!

[/Edit]

Edited by ER0L