Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Albion Bakery

Cantor the baker gets up every morning before the sun rises. He know´s that the citizens of Albion want´s his bread when they wake. His wife Cerys loves to stand on the balcony and watch the city and it´s inhabitants wake up to antoher day..

C&C much welcome

6530591213_24b258528c.jpg

Albion Bakery by de Gothia, on Flickr

6530587647_ac4463a83c.jpg

6530589209_b2fcbb7476.jpg

It is a beautiful bakery. I can almost smell the croissants hanging off your walls :wink: I like the balcony, and this building is exactly what I would expect to find in our fair capitol. Beautiful!

Congrats! I like it very much. The old baker minifig is looking great.

This i a great small moc with full of interesting details.

Nicely done once again! Love the balcony and the use of 1x1 round plates next to the windows on the ground floor. I wonder what it would have looked like with the 1x1 going all the way to the ground vs a row of bricks?

once again your builds are a source of inspiration for all of Avalonians.

Ah hah!

It is certainly your style, fits the guild, and has good scale and serves a need for the capital, overall, A+

I almost thought with the way it was built it would hinge open MMV style!

A bit of a criticism or two:

I am not sure the door "works" when it is multicolored... I think it makes it blend in a bit too much. Also the "indented" window and the black column of round 1 x 1 bricks look weird on the left side of the MOC.

When I look at this MOC, I see a mixture of yours, Derfel's and my styles all shaken about. It is kinda cool to see it blended like this since that will make the MOCs in Albion look like they go together!

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Mikey: The reason for having the bricks at the bottom is because I wanted to create some kind of framework to "hold" my round bricks. I thought it would look odd to just have the arches over the window, and also beacause my round bricks came to an end!

Z: Yes, right now you and Derfel is my two biggest inspiration. The balcony is slightly borrowed from you and one of your great houses! :classic:

When looking at my pics now I´ve to agree with you about my door. It´s kind of fun that you don´t realize that before some one points it out. I guess you became "blind" at some point to your own work and I like the critique! As for the second floor to the left, I wanted to something to break up the rather uniform look of the housewall and because I don´t have any black 1x1 brick with stud on one side to put tiles in brown, that is the result. It looked better in my head! :wink:

Thanks again all!!

Another great addition to Albion! Lots to like here, with many details and a nice busy feel. I won't mention the points that others have said, but I would suggest maybe you could have a go at doing some gables for the ends of your roof, they really smarten up the effect better than the blocky steps of roof bricks. You are coming along really well, producing some very high quality mocs for Avalonia. Keep it up,your final task title may soon be on its way at this rate :thumbup:

Z: Yes, right now you and Derfel is my two biggest inspiration.

Very kind of you to say. I borrow liberally from Derfel, so borrowing from me is like a double shot. I am sure he there are other builds who he borrows from.

That is what I like about sites like this, it is great to be able to see others work and learn and get ideas from what they have done.

I am amazed you can do such good work in such a short amount of time. You must be very well organized!

Derfel: Thanks! And yes the intention was to do something with the roof ends but when I added the balcony the studs increased so the number of studs on top was uneven. My next project will be to train to do those kinds of gables cause they look really nice when done right.

Z: Well I´m on paternity leave (is that the right name? I´m home with my son since august) so I´ve had the time to do some stuff when my son is sleeping :wink:

Z: Well I´m on paternity leave (is that the right name? I´m home with my son since august) so I´ve had the time to do some stuff when my son is sleeping :wink:

Wow. You get some good time off in Sweden, not nearly so nice in the US, only a couple of weeks. I don't have any children, but I believe the duration is much sorter. Even so, you are still producing good stuff in a short amount of time.

Wow. You get some good time off in Sweden, not nearly so nice in the US, only a couple of weeks. I don't have any children, but I believe the duration is much sorter. Even so, you are still producing good stuff in a short amount of time.

We have 240 days with payment (80 % of your income) each. So for one kid you have 480 days with payment, it´s very nice to have such a long period with your son. :classic: But I guess we are a little off topic now :laugh:

Excellent structure 'de Gothia', I can smell the fresh bread from here ! :classic:

I must start work on mine today, hopefully I build my building as well as you have done. :classic:

Avalonia Forever !

As usual, you hit the nail on the head with this one! Spot on styling, great details, and yet unique enough to know you've created it!

By the way, Lord Khelperth would like to order some chocolate croissants and elderberry cakes! :laugh:

An excellent bakery. I love the green pennants. But a little more Avalonian green would have been nice. :thumbup: