Si-MOCs

MOC: Santa Quality Control Testing

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

6528996913_b91fe1d762_z.jpg

While Santa's primary responsibilities include delivery and list twice-checking, he also participates in the elves' Quality control program. They have devised a simple method of impact testing on Nut Cracker toys. Each batch of Nut Crackers are tested against ballistic impacts before packing and shipment.

Santa takes a little cookie and milk break after a tough frame.

[santa frame based on Ricecracker's design]

6528994823_9d5ca7e012_z.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Super clever. The minifigures as the... well, mini figures is a great idea, and even before I read the description I glanced the picture and was like "that looks a lot like bowling, I wonder what he was really going for". Turns out, it was bowling. I love the stockings and gutters, very inventive and fun MOC!

Thanks for the comment guys - I laughed a lot while building this - glad you liked it.

Nice one!!!

possible to share how you build it? :tongue:

Of course I'll share! what part are you interested in? most of the moc is fairly simple stud up design. he slight bend in the fireplace is achieved with a bunch of tan jumper plates (Tower bridge :wub: ) I used some different modified bricks to give the fire place some interesting design (in retrospect I should have pulled a castle trick and do some plates for bricks...).

Santa is a bit harder - it's am odified 2x2 cubeman face, the 'mouth' is sitting on jumper plate on the body. some standard snot bricks are used to put the slope curves for tummy... and the legs are just placed there.

anything else you wanted to know in particular? or a explosion shot?

This is a great MOC, I like that the brick Santa messes with the scale of the Queen's Guard, making them look like toy soldiers.

It is also a really clever idea turning the fireplace into a bowling alley. Very cool.

How did I miss this? It's just awesome on so many levels :laugh:. Fireplace Toy Soldiers Bowling! Go Santa! :rofl:

Love how you did the gutters btw :sweet:.

Now how did I miss this too......Santa Rocks.....AWESOME miniland scale work and fusing in some collectable minifig action too ! :laugh:

Great work 'SI-mocs'.....Merry Christmas to you and your family. :classic:

This is an extraordinary build! The design is outstanding based on an extremely creative idea....Santa taking a break after bowling into the fireplace. Wow!

Wish this were TLG set....it would sell a lot IMHO! Way to go!