Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Heroica RPG - Quest #18: The Storm

Atramor nods to the sailor, more respected than annoyed, fairly aware that it was a fair price. He threw a look to En Sabah Nur.

"Whaddaya say, mate? I think it's a decent deal, but unless you wanna around the docks all day...."

"Well we have us a week don't we? Alf think we go look around, see if we find any better deals and see if we can buy some stuff at fish-market. We come back and pay best price we find. What you think?"

I mean, after all we do have to wait a week (in game time but that gives us time to do something.)

"Well, I must admit that while 100 gold does seem expensive, it is probably a good deal." Alexis whispers to the group.

Nur rolls his eyes at the barbarian. "Aye, payment of 100 gold upon completion of mission sounds fine. Excuse me sir, I didn't catch your name. How shall we address you?"

6392024785_f232c4a467_t.jpg

Aye, I knew you'd come around. Name's Whales, Cap'n Whales, if you like. Ye might want ter stop at Miguel’s shop, he strikes a hard bargain but he sells the best loot for seafarin’ folk. Or we could set sail now. I leave it up ter ye to decide.

"Let's go check this guy's shop. may got 'somechin useful"

"Don't make fun of the way we talk, barbarian," grumbles Atramor. "I myself have got nothin' to spend, but we may as well check it out."

"Don't make fun of the way we talk, barbarian," grumbles Atramor. "I myself have got nothin' to spend, but we may as well check it out."

"I makins funs of it? Nah, I wash once a shea-dog, then I came to Eubric"

"Haha a seafarin' barbarian with hopes of becoming a battle mage? A strange one you are, Alf. I'm interested in what type of loot a sailor carries with them. Let us proceed to Miguel's shop. I have no coin either but that well dressed cleric there looks rather affluent."

The shack that Captain Whales directed the party to appears to be closed. The owner doesn’t appear to be around. Suddenly, a thin, panicked-looking man comes bustling by, shoving past the heroes and quickly opening the shack.

6392038989_ef5740a7a6_m.jpg

“Where is it, where is it, where is it?!”

What will the party do?

The shack that Captain Whales directed the party to appears to be closed. The owner doesn’t appear to be around. Suddenly, a thin, panicked-looking man comes bustling by, shoving past the heroes and quickly opening the shack.

“Where is it, where is it, where is it?!”

What will the party do?

"Have you lost something?"

"I makins funs of it? Nah, I wash once a shea-dog, then I came to Eubric"

Atramor glares at Alf and slaps him on the back of the head. "I'm dead serious mate - knock it off."

He then observes the strange-looking man worrying about...something. Somewhere. Somehow.

"Where is what?"

"Oh, um, nothing, nothing at all. What are you doing here? Are you interested in buying something… Yes, uh hum, see, well, I’m out of stock, except for this lovely telescope, see?"

He holds a gold telescope for the party to see.

heroica-telescope.jpg Allows the hero to see far.

"Name’s Miguel by the way, though I’m afraid I’m in a bit of a hurry. Tell you what, special price just for you, I’ll give you this telescope for just 50 gold. That’s a discount of 20 gold, you’re lucky I’m in such a hurry. A bargain, a steal, I tell you, but hurry up and make a choice please. I’m in a hurry, see?"

The heroes may buy the item, attempt to haggle for a better price, or leave.

Alexis turns to the group and says so only they can hear. "Um guys, I think he stole that I don't think buying it is a good idea."

"Oh, um, nothing, nothing at all. What are you doing here? Are you interested in buying something… Yes, uh hum, see, well, I’m out of stock, except for this lovely telescope, see?"

"Name’s Miguel by the way, though I’m afraid I’m in a bit of a hurry. Tell you what, special price just for you, I’ll give you this telescope for just 50 gold. That’s a discount of 20 gold, you’re lucky I’m in such a hurry. A bargain, a steal, I tell you, but hurry up and make a choice please. I’m in a hurry, see?"

"Er, a discount? You buy that for only 40 coins at the marketplace. What about 30 coins?"

Alf motions the others to a corner and whispers "Alf think we follow him after this. We might be able get bargain, but we still should follow."

"Why you in hurry? And why you act so suspicious?"

Will the party suggest 30 gold, as offered by Alf? He does not have the money to buy it.

Atramor glances at his questmates.

"I don't believe in fate or any of that, but it seems we've been given some luck - something tells me if we don't buy this, we'll regret it. But I don't have the money to pay for it, nor do I think anything terribly horrible will happen if we don't."

"Well, I'll buy it if you guys would like me to. Though I'd like to sell it back to you when you do have the money. What do you think you guys?"

"Well, I'll buy it if you guys would like me to. Though I'd like to sell it back to you when you do have the money. What do you think you guys?"

"I think we might be better off with it than without it, so if you're willing to pay for it we should buy it."

The circumstances were starting to look even more off to Ellaria.

"If you're in doubt, Alexis, then let me purchase the telescope for 30 gold. If we get a better look at it, we might deduce if it really is stolen property or not. I've learned in life that chances like this should not be just passed by."

She then turns to the raggedy man and offers 30 gold for the telescope.

"Ho hum, you losers take too long. 30 gold?! That's far too low. I'd be a fool to sell it for that much. But I am in a hurry... tell you what, if anyone asks, you didn't see me, okay? Here, take it."

Miguel takes Ellaria's gold, quickly hands her the telescope, and hushes off again.

ava-ellaria.jpgEllaria Arbour (played by Sandy)

Level 12 Cleric

Power: 22

Health: 20/20

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 52

Inventory: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, Fire), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 2 Tonics, Grand Tonic, 2 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Telescope

What will the party do next?

"I think there are more important things to be doin', Alf," suggests Atramor. "Under normal circumstances I would like to follow him too, but I don't think he's directly related to our current goal, which by my understanding, is somewhat on the...er, sundial? Anyway, I think he's just down on his luck and he stole the thing."

"I think there are more important things to be doin', Alf," suggests Atramor. "Under normal circumstances I would like to follow him too, but I don't think he's directly related to our current goal, which by my understanding, is somewhat on the...er, sundial? Anyway, I think he's just down on his luck and he stole the thing."

"Well that case, let go sail!"

Ellaria peers through her newly gained telescope.

"Hehe, I feel like a mariner already!"

She then checks the telescope for any markings, inscribings or anything that would set it apart from other telescopes.