Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Heroica RPG - Quest #18: The Storm

heroicaquest18.jpg

On the request of Phillip Bonaparte, the chosen heroes for the quest headed out to Eubric Harbor. The heroes were:

6046036799_13ec297413_t_d.jpgAtramor Gibbin (played by CallMePieorDie)

Level 10.5 Rogue

Power: 17

Health: 16/16

Gold: 0

Inventory: Sapper (WP: 7), Cloak of the Elven Spy (loaned by De'kra) , 3 Orc Potions, Scroll of Sealing

ava-alf.jpgAlf Gregory (played by Bricksandparts)

Level 9 Barbarian

Health: 17/17

Gold: 6

Inventory: Meteor Blade (WP: 8, Light), Focal Staff (WP: 5), Greatsword (WP: 3), Helmet (+1 max HP), 2 Potions, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Ice Bomb, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing

ava-ellaria.jpgEllaria Arbour (played by Sandy)

Level 12 Cleric

Power: 22

Health: 20/20

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 82

Inventory: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, Fire), Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 2 Tonics, Grand Tonic, 2 Elixirs, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

ava-namyrra.jpgNamyrra Uq (played by Quarryman)

Level 11 Mage

Health: 15/15

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 0

Inventory: Lullaby Wand (WP: 6, Sleep), Bone Staff (WP: 3), 3 Potions, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Phoenix Essence, Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Blindness

esn_q10_00.jpg En Sabah Nur (played by Jebediahs) *Party Leader*

Level 11.5 Mage *Lucky*

Power: 19

Health: 9/9

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 2

Inventory: Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), Thorny Diadem(+3Power -6HP), Loaded Die (Lucky), Helmet (+1 HP), 4 Potions, 1 Tonic, Grand Tonic, 1 Smelling Salts, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion

EvokerAlexis.jpg Alexis Fenral (played by Masked Builder)

Level 15 Evoker *Hastened*

Power: 25

Health: 21/21

Ether: 16/16

Gold: 152

Inventory: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 10), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7), Quickdraw Quiver (Haste), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Lightning Bomb, 2 Meads, Bone, Shovel, Pickax, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

Arriving at Eubric Harbor, the party eventually spotted Phillip Bonaparte, leaning against the wall of a large building.

6392035801_18f677df59_z.jpg

He walked swiftly toward them, calling out.

6392024883_0234fe10e7_t.jpg

"Ah, heroes, glad you could make it. As you well know, the Bonapartes need your help in tracking down two criminals. They are:

6392042225_78bebbfec7_t.jpg - Edward Finegold

6392024827_6746192c9c_t.jpg - Dmitri Finegold

These two brothers have been causing our family quite a bit of trouble lately. We believe them to be headed East on the Crystalline Sea, towards the Fang Coast. If you can track them down and stop them before they reach there, we will reward you handsomely.

Of course, as our resources are spent, we will not be providing you with transport. There are many merchant sailors around The Harbor, perhaps you can find one to take you where you need to go. Are there any questions before you begin?"

QM Note: First off, thanks for playing folks. Please confirm that your character stats are correct. The title pic was created by Sandy (thanks again!).

Atramor inhaled the sea air deeply. He was truly in his element here, as did McCafferey

"Aye, thanks. Maybe if we swim fast enough we can catch them," he muttered sarcastically. "Anyway, would anybody like to borrow this scroll before we head off? As much good to me as this cloak is to the rest of you."

My stats are right.

"If ye don't mind me asking, what have these men done to trouble you so?" The mage paused while gauging the man's reaction. He didn't really care how this family was offended, a job was a job. "How would you like them returned to you, still breathing?"

OOC: Sorry about my stats, I should have an aquamarine gem (see final stats from my last quest). My apologies, in messing with my about me page and signature I accidentally removed the gem but it's still there! Everything else is correct.

"If ye don't mind me asking, what have these men done to trouble you so?" The mage paused while gauging the man's reaction. He didn't really care how this family was offended, a job was a job. "How would you like them returned to you, still breathing?"

"Unfortunately, Mister Nur, that is none of your business, or at least any that I will disclose. We are not paying you to know why.

By all means, dispose of these miscreants in any way necessary. We would certainly like to... take care of them ourselves, but alas there are certain dangers in keeping them alive. We will at least need some proof that you've killed them, if not captured."

En Sabah Nur nodded. "Understood. Do you happen to know if they are traveling together, on the same vessel?"

OoC: My stats are correct as well.

"Anyway, would anybody like to borrow this scroll before we head off? As much good to me as this cloak is to the rest of you."

Ellaria smiled at the rogue.

"I'd be honoured to carry the scroll for you, Mr. Gibbin. I hope I can put it to good use."

"Unfortunately, Mister Nur, that is none of your business, or at least any that I will disclose. We are not paying you to know why.

Hearing this made Ellaria a little suspicious. She pursed her lips as she contemplated on what to ask next.

"It would be easier to catch these miscreants if we knew what kind of crime they have been involved in. Are they skilled in combat? Are they sneaky and elusive? Do they use magic or have clerical abilities?"

Atramor returns Ellaria's smile, handing her the Scroll of Sealing, before quickly turning to the Bonaparte fellow.

"Aye - flushing out 2 pirates is tough, but suggesting we do it blind isn't likely to happen anytime soon, mate. Also, do you have any merchants in particular we could trust? The last thing we need is to be thrown on a rowboat and cast into the halfway to the Fang Coast by a bunch of dogs under the Finegold's coin."

OoC: my stats are slightly incorrect, I shouldn't have a Ruby as I sold that to Elphaba, but I see I had forgotten to remove it from my inventory, so it's my own fault really. :blush: The rest is correct though.

OoC: My stats are right. And sorry I'm late!

Alf hands Ellaria his Scroll of Sleep and Scroll of Blindness, then hands Namyrra Uq his Scroll of Confusion and scroll of sealing. "You use these for now, Alf can't use them." Alf turns to the Bonaparte. "Well, if we're to catch these we should probably get moving. Anything else we should know?" :sceptic:

Edited by Bricksandparts

Alf hands Ellaria his Scroll of Sleep and Scroll of Blindness, then hands Namyrra Uq his Scroll of Confusion and scroll of sealing. "You use these for now, Alf can't use them."

"Thank you mr Alf, I promise I'll take good care of them so you'll get them back in a good shape once we've completed the quest."

"Thank you mr Alf, I promise I'll take good care of them so you'll get them back in a good shape once we've completed the quest."

"Might as well give to somebody who use them. Oh, while at it, anyone want focal staff? (gives 5 ether each time you roll a hit in battle)"

En Sabah Nur nodded. "Understood. Do you happen to know if they are traveling together, on the same vessel?"

"Yes, we believe they are."

"It would be easier to catch these miscreants if we knew what kind of crime they have been involved in. Are they skilled in combat? Are they sneaky and elusive? Do they use magic or have clerical abilities?"

"They are highly dangerous and troublesome, sneaky, of course, but to my knowledge they are unable to use magic. That is why we hired you people."

"If you're all done asking questions, then shall I send you on your way?"

Nur turned to the rogue whose question went unanswered. "I guess we are truly on our own for seeking transportation. I am ready to head to the harbor."

"Yes, it seems like mr Bonaparte can't help us more, so let's go to the harbour to see if we can find some transport."

"Then, farewell, heroes, and good luck. I will meet you back here upon you're return."

The Bonaparte turned and walked off to other matters. The party then headed down to the docks, in search of a captain who could take them where they needed to go. After several encounters of grumpy fishermen and naval officers shooing them away, the six heroes caught sight of a middle-aged man, polishing the hull of a ship idly. They approached, and the man turned towards them.

6392038375_edd29e561f_z.jpg

"Ahoy, who goes there? Aye, heroes from the Heroica Hall, what can I do ye for?"

Atramor grumbled at the Bonaparte and, with his allies, wandered around the docks, taking in all the sights he'd missed dearly during his time at Heroica. The scent of sea salt, rum, and dead fish in the air,and the sights of fishermen and sailors going about their business. Eventually they came upon an old-looking man, and so he swept off his hat and bowed.

"Hello, good sir. Me mates and I are looking for a ship, to chase down 2 pirate dogs, the Finegolds. I don't suppose you've heard of them, or at least know if the captain of this (seemingly invisible :look: ) ship could take us there? The Bonapartes won't give us a wooden tub nor even a stick to row with, so we need a ship."

Alf gathered in the sights of the docks. Alf walks over the the sailor that the party has went over to talk to.

"Do ye have any shippies us could be using? We need to go over East on the Crystalline Sea, towards the Fang Coast Any ships or captains we may be able use?"

6392024785_f232c4a467_t.jpg

"Transport? Well I’ve got no business travel until next week, I can take ya where ya need to go. But I’ll need soma shinny penny, ya follow? Wahaha, it ain’t cheap maintainin’ a ship, see?

I suppose you Heroica folk musta been hired by someone. Say, 100 gold from your pay oughta be enough. I won’t even charge ya till we’re done. Whaddya say laddies?"

Atramor is silently in awe at the fellow's pirate-talk. He hadn't heard that many 'ya's since Frank Salt-Cakes on the Black Arrow many years ago.

"I can tell we're both from similar backgrounds, and I'm sure ya'know that by the sea, there's no such thing as a fixed price," he explains. "Now, I may be no knight, but hagglin' is how any self-respectin' pirate manages to get rum three times a day. How about 75, eh?"

"Transport? Well I’ve got no business travel until next week, I can take ya where ya need to go. But I’ll need soma shinny penny, ya follow? Wahaha, it ain’t cheap maintainin’ a ship, see?

I suppose you Heroica folk musta been hired by someone. Say, 100 gold from your pay oughta be enough. I won’t even charge ya till we’re done. Whaddya say laddies?"

"Hmmm. That may be a bit, maybe little less? 100 money's quite lot."

En Sabah Nur wondered why Alf felt the need to repeat what the seaman had just said only a moment ago. Nur was content to let the rogue haggle for the group's passage. He seemed capable and quite comfortable in his interaction with the gray-haired man. It would be interesting if Atramor could secure a reduced price even with Alf bumbling the deal. Nur's grin was halted by a slight pulse of pain from the thorny diadem.

"I can tell we're both from similar backgrounds, and I'm sure ya'know that by the sea, there's no such thing as a fixed price," he explains. "Now, I may be no knight, but hagglin' is how any self-respectin' pirate manages to get rum three times a day. How about 75, eh?"

"Yer a fiesty one, aren't ya, rogue? I like that. But I'm an honest sailor, an' 100 gold is a pretty decent price to ask. Unless ye want ter try ter find someone else with a better price, which I doubt meself. Remember, ya don't have ter pay till yer back safe."

Atramor nods to the sailor, more respected than annoyed, fairly aware that it was a fair price. He threw a look to En Sabah Nur.

"Whaddaya say, mate? I think it's a decent deal, but unless you wanna around the docks all day...."