CopMike

LEGO ReBrick is up&running

This is driving me nuts, who is the nut bag who controls this ReBrick....goodness, I'm going around in circles....I can't even log in correctly via Facebook....I might give up ! :hmpf_bad:

Edit - FINALLY it worked, now I'm try to learn how to link stuff....remember I'm not a computer nerd so it takes this tiger a while. :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Cool, seems like a great competiton :sweet:! Octopuses are a challange if any!

And such an awesome prize *oh2*:wub:!

So c´mon everybody - enter and you might win!

Some very nice prizes indeed. I would LOVE the Inside Tour model, but the signed FB by Jamie Berard is even better. :wub: Don't think I'll enter though. :hmpf_bad:

I thought the Inside Tour Exclusive set was supposed to be Inside Tour exclusive?

If I went on the Lego Inside Tour this year I would be a bit annoyed that after paying thousands of pounds to participate in the tour, the main highlight was given away for free in a online contest. :sceptic:

Cool contest!

I made an account and if I can manage to build something before the deadline I will enter! :classic:

If I went on the Lego Inside Tour this year I would be a bit annoyed that after paying thousands of pounds to participate in the tour, the main highlight was given away for free in a online contest. :sceptic:

While I don't agree that the exclusive set is the "main highlight" of the Inside Tour, I see what you're saying. But it's not as if Lego is giving away a lot of them through contests; it's probably a part of the limited edition run, after all.

Like some others I just can't create a profile. Am I required to enter some secret password into the "About me" text box or what? *huh* When I click the "Create profile" button it just highlights the "about me" box. And it doesn't matter what I type into that @%¤#"£$ text box...!

I just submitted my email and clicked accept policy terms and left the about me box empty. No password or anything. It created my profile and inserted my Lego.com password in the 'About Me' box, so I'm assuming it will use the same password. I do remember trying to set up an account a long time ago with no luck. I can't remember what it was doing specifically, but I ended up giving up on it, figuring it was "a new site glitch" default_sceptic.gifdefault_classic.gif

My username is the same one as my LEGO ID. So the sites are linked to LEGO.com, all you need to do it fill out your bio.

I thought the Inside Tour Exclusive set was supposed to be Inside Tour exclusive?

The Inside Tour is much more than the Inside Tour Exclusive set, if you ever get to do the Tour, you'll see :wink:

Also the set handed out to the participants on LIT features a picture of the LIT participants of that week on the back.

The LIT set in this contest does not feature such a picture on the back.

I found this posted on a Lego Blog earlier today and hadn't read anything about it on Eurobricks, so thought I'd steal it and re-post it here. Apologies if it's already been mentioned. It looks pretty cool! default_classic.gif

LEGO GOES SOCIAL MEDIA WITH REBRICK BETA!

Every so often we chuck one of The Lego Car Blog Elves over The LEGO Group’s perimeter wall in an effort to bring you inside stories. We’ve lost a few Elves to the guard dogs this way, but as they’re pretty cheap we think it’s worth it.

Anyhow, this week one of the Elves made it back out with some official LEGO Group news and only minor bite marks. Props to him. And the news is pretty exciting…

rebrick-beta-logo3.png?w=580

The LEGO Group are in a position that most other businesses would kill for; they are prolific in social media. Unofficial Lego-sharing websites and blogs and been running since before even YouTube, and contribute very much to the success of the company. It’s also fair to say LEGO, like all other large corporations, have been glacially slow in responding to the new way in which consumers communicate. Worse than that even, they’ve often tried to shut down social media outlets that refer to the brand name or imagery. Fine in 2002, not in 2012.

But the above stance is changing, and changing fast. The LEGO Group have not only finally recognised the role social media sites play in the success of their brand, they are actively endorsing them (The Lego Car Blog included!). As such they have created their own official social media site called ‘ReBrick‘, which links to the unofficial sites that many of you visit every week.

This is a landmark moment for LEGO, and social media more generally. ReBrick is only in ‘Beta’ mode currently, but we believe it’s the beginning of a whole new era in the relationship between The LEGO Group and their consumers.

Below is the official ReBrick statement from TLG:

picture-11.png?w=500&h=210

We’d like to congratulate LEGO on their pioneering project, and we’d like to encourage you to joinReBrick and get posting (preferably articles from The Lego Car Blog!). You’ll also find us in the ‘Culture’ section of their ‘Brick Links’ page, which we’re rather pleased about!

Edited by Ape Fight

I've been a 'member' of this site for months. It's so incredibly slow here in China that it's basically a waste of time to even try to use it. I don't care for their emails either as they send thumbnails of some pretty cool stuff but when you click on them you get sent to a page that's unrelated to the model you clicked on (or at least you have to shift through lots of other thumbnails to find the model in the email that you clicked on originally).

Anyway, I'm hoping they get it together but I'm unimpressed so far. Joe

Edited by bjtpro

Looks cool, I just signed up. Still trying to figure it out. I tried adding a flickr bookmark, but it's saying "no images to load". I'll try again later.