Sign in to follow this  
Rolli

The Watchtower of Moria

Greetings!

My mighty watchtower - guarding the Pastures of Moria!

6516798165_fee30b07d6_b.jpg

6516798403_aacd226aae_b.jpg

6516798749_7657bc4822_b.jpg

Still preliminary pictures, I will update them after the contest has ended. Just wanted to make sure, that I can enter this great challenge. Unfortunately one piece of the tower is still missing, hiding at the back.. My merchants must have get caught ;) Hope, this matches the rules.

And for those, who may ask: Yeah, a lot of dark green cheese slopes. ~120 per side. The round slopes underneath the wooden part are these: (link to bricklink)

Thanks for watching, comments and critique appreciated.

Best regards,

Sir Moriartus / rolli

Wow! :wub: I love it! The gate and the details on top of the gate is wonderful! The roof is so great!

Perhaps add windows in all directions so you can watch in all angels from the watchtower? :wink:

Although I always thought Moria was an underground city I still think that this is really one of the best towers we have seen in this challange!! I especially like the roof, all the cheese slopes, absolutely beautiful!!

I love the entrance of the door.

And wondering how many cheese slopes were used? :tongue:

nicely done. the roof is nice as is the door. Cleaver use of the mini catapult piece as well. Looking forward to seeing more projects from you!

Edited by MikeyB

I love the roof and the door. Brilliant work. I almost want to build something with that roof style now. Good job.

Gotta love the cheese slopes! I also really like the door and framework. Very nice.

This is a lovely build. It feels very Avalonian. I like the wood planking, and the door details are superb. Your sigfigs are excellent, by the way.

:classic:

Some cool features here. The door has to be the highlight for me!.

Agreed. The door has to be the highlight feature in an all round stand-out MOC. Well done, great build!