Angeli

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Twisted Tower of Ashaba, regardless of its history, is now watchtower of the Drow.

gallery_2955_164_30471.jpg

Added PS picture for you ;)

t0-tower.jpg

And the Drow made few modifications: first, they conducted lava flow trough it. It is much harder to conquer the tower now, and it is kind of a fashion now in Drow society, to have lava flow trough your home. Girls love it.

On the other hand, this being a WATCH tower, Drow have enslaved an Astral beholder, and chained it at the top of the tower. Now, the creature raises alarm whenever it spot something with its 101 eyes.

On tower, you can spot bodies of the unlucky travelers and flag colors of the Nocturnus guild.

Twisted Tower of Ashaba is part of the Lith My'athar, a Drow city

t1-tower-07.jpgt1-tower-08.jpgt1-tower-09.jpg

t1-tower-04.jpgt1-tower-01.jpgt1-tower-02.jpg

t1-tower-05.jpgt1-tower-06.jpg

and few details:

tdetail-01.jpgtdetail-02.jpgtdetail-04.jpgtdetail-05.jpg

tdetail-06.jpgtdetail-07.jpgtdetail-08.jpgtdetail-09.jpg

note that the pictures are links tomuch larger ones

All pictures can be found here on Brickshelf

Edited by I Scream Clone

Wow. This is epic. I think this might be the biggest round 1 entry I have seen. Love the use of shape and colour, very dramatic and imposing. The stand alone spires at the front of the model are particularly nice. Excellent work.

I'm a big fan of the Forgotten Realms so this is nice to see. The enslavement of a beholder is a cool idea, could be a weakness if a spy or theif manages to free him - he will want his revenge on his captors :wink: The "infravision" shots are nice too.

Love it all! Say that red picture looks sweet :laugh:

yup ;) thnx, good job ;)

Also, tnx to Rod for the white one ;)

I'm a big fan of the Forgotten Realms so this is nice to see. The enslavement of a beholder is a cool idea, could be a weakness if a spy or theif manages to free him - he will want his revenge on his captors :wink: The "infravision" shots are nice too.

We release it from time to time on our own, to have a little fun hunting it ;) If you like Forgotten Realms then look at this thread (Drow), it is totally inspirited by Baldur's Gate ;)

And look, in my signature, recognize Beholder?:)

Wow. This is epic. I think this might be the biggest round 1 entry I have seen. Love the use of shape and colour, very dramatic and imposing. The stand alone spires at the front of the model are particularly nice. Excellent work.

Thank you! :) Black is SO hard to take picture of; red is even harder. I would love it if you could see it in person ;) I will try later to adjust brightest-contrast parameters, and maybe it will be even better :)

I really like to play Baldur's Gate too, although personally I'm not a big fan of the drow. That said, I do think though, that your drow creations are awesome nonetheless. The sheer size of your mocs is hardly machted by anyone!!

Great work mate, this really jumps out! The tower has a very interesting shape and I love what you did with all those black arch pieces. I also really like those cut-away sections with trans colors behind them, looks really effective. Excellent work and worthy to take its place amongst your other great Drow creations. :thumbup:

Very imposing tower Angeli! The red background looks brilliant, really sets it off well. :thumbup:

Another Drow blemish on the Underworld. It may be a magnificent abomination, but not even your chained beholder will help you when the Elves wipe you and your spawn from existence. Go ahead - challenge and posture behind your walls. Your time will come, Drow.

You just couldn't help yourself, you had to build something enormous didn't you? Haha. Great idea with the huge beholder & lava flow. What are the big twisted chains for?

You just couldn't help yourself, you had to build something enormous didn't you? Haha. Great idea with the huge beholder & lava flow. What are the big twisted chains for?

They are part of larger construct of the moving bridge, as I try to implement all of newest creations into one big Drow city (Lith My'athar). Originally, those two stand alone towers in front of the watchtower were supposed to be more further apart, but due to the #$%##% rule of max 32x32, I had to bring them closer. Now, I don not have patience to move them apart again, and rebuild the bridges between them :) they were angled on the first building try ;)

chains-new.jpgcity-large-12.jpgchains-mass.jpg

Another great model, Angeli. You always make such menacing looking buildings. This one does not disappoint. I love your color schemes and the pictures you take only add to the scary feeling of the MOC. Nice job.

An impressive creation as always, Angeli :thumbup:

If the sheer size of that tower doesn't scare cheeky adventurers away, then the giant beholder certainly will. That thing has to have the size of an small-sized dragon, if the unlucky skellies are any indication *huh*

Edited by Abu Dun