Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Early Warning

On the front lines of the Mitgardian lands, stands a number of towers built by the combined effort of dwarf and man. The strong base is built of local rock cut into huge blocks. There is no entrance at the base, it is solid and is built to withstand any force from nature and enemy alike. The dwarves keep a small number of engineers at the tower to upkeep and repair as needed. They also guard the partially hidden path that winds it's way up to the tower entrance. The Mitgardian soldiers always keep a steady lookout for any trouble. The first level soldiers are armed with a bow or crossbow, while the second level are armed with longbows. If trouble is spotted, one soldier runs up to the top and lights the signal fire.

[Large Images on Flickr]

6514144125_7b87545a0b_z.jpg

6514143011_d99db898d1_z.jpg

6514143473_896bd3d916_z.jpg

6514143819_b7ec3fdbc3_z.jpg

The nougat/brown tree, on top of the cave, is based on a design by SilentMode

Edited by darkdragon

Well defended tower. I haven't seen the inverted slopes with arches before, nor the torch parts. Are they duplo? I like the cave in the rock, but the tree looks a bit lonely there with nothing else organic in the scenery.

Well defended tower. I haven't seen the inverted slopes with arches before, nor the torch parts. Are they duplo? I like the cave in the rock, but the tree looks a bit lonely there with nothing else organic in the scenery.

Yep, they are duplo http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=51732 and http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54068

Well the tree was planned to be alone on top of the cave, but I ran out of time and wasn't able to finish the road/ground area - I didn't plan to leave plain baseplate there. Not sure about where you live but where I am from we see rocky hills that are all rock but will have one lone tree on top. It's quite a common sight in the Nevada Sierra mountains.

:classic:

Edited by darkdragon

Wow, the Duplo looks great in there! I never would have thought that. Also the addition of green and yellow makes it look unmistakably Mitgardian. Well done!

Looks great Darkdragon, interesting three-tiered design on your watchtower. Striping the beacon tower was a nice way to integrate more Mitgardian colors. That mountain path looks like a great place to rain arrows on the enemy! I didn't even notice the Duplo parts at first, they integrate really well, I guess Duplo's not useless after all. Only thing bothering me a little is that you have a huge stone tower built on wood, but hey it's just LEGO.

Thanks all for the comments.

Only thing bothering me a little is that you have a huge stone tower built on wood, but hey it's just LEGO.

It's just a wood facade, it's stone inside. The dwarves are clever, the humans REALLY wanted to do the whole thing in wood! :laugh: