soundwave_sw

Winter Sports Store

indexed.gif B-OV-15D

I am excited to share my entry for the expand the Winter Village competition.

It is a Winter Sports Store. The store is a 2 story shop with all of equipment one needs for winter fun!

On the main floor you can find an assortment of snowboards, ski poles, ice skates, hockey helmet/mask, warm winter coats, hockey sticks, and snow shoes.

Outside you can find a variety of skiis in different sizes and some old fashioned wooden sleds.

In the top floor you will find an office with desk and chair and a heated fireplace complete with stockings.

One of the many services offered by the store is free ice skate sharpening for skates purchased from the store.

Like the Lego sets so far I have included a light brick but with a twist. Activating the light brick eluminates the lower floor and lights up the fire place.

I had a challange illustrating this with the pictures.

Also different, is you can turn on the light from the front of the shop. Simply turn the big brown wheel a notch and it turns and stays on.

The accessories included are an old bridge over a creek that is meant to attach to the skating pond from last years' set.

The bridge pathway was built "snot" using shades of new and old grey

Also included is a dog sleigh / sled. The sled is able to be ridden from the back or front. I don't think Lego would approve of useing a whip on dogs so I choose to borrow the bone idea from this years set and use a more positive method to get the dogs going. But just in case the whip is there should the dogs get out of line.

In total there are 7 figures of which 2 are children. I used the boxing gloves from series 5 to give the effect of big red mittons on the kids.

Thank you for looking. I welcome your comments, questions, and feedback.

Unfortunatley I could not fit all of the details into 5 pictures, so feel free to visit by Brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=491187

or Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/?saved=1

to see more details and my entire winter village.

6511744761_515977427b_z.jpg

6511744341_cba71ea4a6_z.jpg

6511744635_9d123d6970_z.jpg

6511745671_9b1330d26e_z.jpg

6511744843_1dda72c264_z.jpg

Play well!

Shane "Soundwave_sw"

Edited by Phred

Excellent entry to the contest, a very detailed building which looks perfect for Christmas. :thumbup:

I like the bridge!

Fantastic entry 'soundwave_sw' and a well stocked sports store too....I like the skating blade sharpener ! :wink:

Brick On in the snow 'soundwave_sw' ! :classic:

Very nicely done! I love it! I do have a couple of questions on minifigure accessories. Which pieces are the larger backpacks and big skies from? I like the usage of the Boxer's hands as mittens. That is a very good use for them!

Very nicely done! I love it! I do have a couple of questions on minifigure accessories. Which pieces are the larger backpacks and big skies from? I like the usage of the Boxer's hands as mittens. That is a very good use for them!

The large brown backpack would have been from the original explorer series and the other backpacks are from the Artic series. Both released about a decade ago.

I am not 100% on the orgin of the large ski but possibly the Space Ice planet series?

Thank you for you comment.

This is a great build, I love the detail of the white roof slopes being a plate higher to give that impression of snow on the roof. It is a great touch.

I would also like to compliment the overall build and the great details. The boxing glove mittens and the partially-snowed roof are particularly well done.

This is a very nice potental for a real Lego set. Im thinking you have a grat chance of winning the comp. The building looks like it came stright from the winter village and with the adition of the bridge, stream and the sled dogs makes up a lovely set.

Awesome! Building a winter sports store is a great idea, the overall shape is very convincing - I agree that this could actually be a set. The countless lovely details add to the very lively atmosphere of the whole MOC. Good luck for the contest!

Thank you very much for the comments! It was a fun build and I am looking forward to keeping this as a permanent part of my yearly display.

The more I look at this, the more I like it. There are just so many interesting details.

Reminds me of the Toy Shop with a downstairs sales area and an office upstairs.

It well be a wonderful to your yearly display!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Wow that's a brilliant build. Tons of fantastic detail - I can't believe you were able to cram so much sport merchandise!

Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for the comments. There are some fantastic entries. Good luck to everyone in the competition. I hope everyone enjoyed adding to their villages. Thanks again to Hinkley and the staff at Eurobricks for putting this contest on.

Play Well