mostlytechnic

New Option for Dual Motor PF Locomotives

i should be buying some of the R motors soon i will test it out just waiting on cash you know how it is

I wanted to dual-motor some of my locomotives, but didn't want the expense or space to add the pole reverser to do it the "official" way. Given that, I tried opening up a motor and found that it's actually pretty simple to make it run reverse.

Thanks for the detailed info. I agree that this is the best way to do it, it saves money on a reverser, and saves space as well.

And, each time you want to double-power another locomotive, you'll end up saving time, just put in a regular and a reversed motor, connect, and off you go!

Sorry to bump this topic - but wanted to share my own success story. I did your revised method, but still found it a little tight to get everything back together, so I did still remove that tab of plastic as per your original instructions.

I will totally be doing this again. I've got all the power I need in a full-sized tender with two motors to power my 8-wide engine and cars. Great alternative to getting the reverser and the whole bit.