commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the sets get discounted. There are still some that I need to get, such as the Knight Bus, so hopefully there will be a nice sale. :sweet:

Traitor! :tongue:

I think he meant discontinued...but I'm just being a spelling troll... :blush:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the sets get discounted. There are still some that I need to get, such as the Knight Bus, so hopefully there will be a nice sale. :sweet:

Traitor! :tongue:

I know it really is a shame but I do have a lot of the past sets and am a massive fan however I have been waiting for lego to release LOTR sets for years, so there is no contest to which I shall buy.

Unfortunately, I don't think Lego will release any more Harry Potter sets. :cry_sad: I would love for them to remake some of the old sets. Imagining the Chamber of Secrets with new minifigs and pieces..... :drool:

The pattern seems to be introduce a line just before a movie comes out, have a wave of sets just in time for the movie, forget about the line. It happened with Toy Story, Indiana Jones, PotC (correct me if I'm wrong, but that line is looking dead too, right?) and Cars.

I love Harry Potter as much as the next guy, but I think we're just going to have to face it that it's over for the LEGO sets. Sure, I'd love one last big set, after all the last line of 3 was hardly anything special. We live in hope.

If you have nothing to do with your HP pieces, don't worry, something is coming... :wink:

Hmmmm?????? What does THAT mean?

Oh, so did LEGO learn from their mistake with Batman then? :hmpf: (To LEGO, not either of you)

The pattern seems to be introduce a line just before a movie comes out, have a wave of sets just in time for the movie, forget about the line. It happened with Toy Story, Indiana Jones, PotC (correct me if I'm wrong, but that line is looking dead too, right?) and Cars.

I love Harry Potter as much as the next guy, but I think we're just going to have to face it that it's over for the LEGO sets. Sure, I'd love one last big set, after all the last line of 3 was hardly anything special. We live in hope.

Your right but there are some exception such as star wars which loads of people buy even though there hasn't been a film for a while. POTC will be discounted soon as well but I hope Harry Potter lasts a little more longer even though I probably will not be able to buy the sets it would be interesting to see what Lego come up with. Lets hope LOTR is another exception that licensed themes can last even when there are no films being releases alongside the sets.

Sure, I'd love one last big set, after all the last line of 3 was hardly anything special.

Actually, it was a line of four sets, and Diagon Alley was that last big set.

If you have nothing to do with your HP pieces, don't worry, something is coming... :wink:

Are you referring to a contest or something? :wacko: If so, that's quite a off-topic post. :hmpf_bad:

POTC will be discounted soon as well

I think they already are on discount. :tongue:

I really can not see Lord of the Rings lasting after the two Hobbit films have been released. I'm sure it'll go the same way.

I really can not see Lord of the Rings lasting after the two Hobbit films have been released. I'm sure it'll go the same way.

That's the way I see it too. If it's lucky, it will have an extra final wave after the final Hobbit movie is release, like Indiana Jones.

Actually, I'm still hoping HP will get one. But with the LoTR announcement, I'm worried that LEGO didn't learn from their mistakes with Batman. :dumb: And right now, HP doesn't have as much resurrection potential as Batman does. :sad:

I'd love another castle extension- not massive just £50-£90.

Greenhouse,

Three story building (like Dumbledore's office in the 2010 castle)

Bottom floor= potions classroom

Middle- infirmary

Top is just simple battlements.

Then another tower- Clocktower would be good, though I've got the POA castle so I wouldn't be that fussed :tongue: OR maybe another tower with:

Bottom- Hufflepuff common-room

Middle- Another Statue?? (I liked the first one :tongue: another would be great in my opinion)

Top- Ravenclaw common-room

Minifigures:

Harry (don't want him but he'd probably be there.

Professor Slughorn

Kingsley

Madam Pomfrey (just a personal choice cause I'd like some more Hogwarts professors)

Lavendar Brown

Dean Thomas - probably being a bit optiminstic with all those minifigures for the price.

But thats just what I'd like and I'd be very suprised if there is still going to be any more sets :cry_sad: RIP :laugh:

I'd love another castle extension- not massive just £50-£90.

Greenhouse,

Three story building (like Dumbledore's office in the 2010 castle)

Bottom floor= potions classroom

Middle- infirmary

Top is just simple battlements.

Then another tower- Clocktower would be good, though I've got the POA castle so I wouldn't be that fussed :tongue: OR maybe another tower with:

Bottom- Hufflepuff common-room

Middle- Another Statue?? (I liked the first one :tongue: another would be great in my opinion)

Top- Ravenclaw common-room

Minifigures:

Harry (don't want him but he'd probably be there.

Professor Slughorn

Kingsley

Madam Pomfrey (just a personal choice cause I'd like some more Hogwarts professors)

Lavendar Brown

Dean Thomas - probably being a bit optiminstic with all those minifigures for the price.

But thats just what I'd like and I'd be very suprised if there is still going to be any more sets :cry_sad: RIP :laugh:

I wish, my friend! An awesome idea, and I would kill to have the figs in acual Lego form (including Tonks!!!!) Sadly, I think this might be the end....

People have said it before, but I wish we could get the Lego Minifigures theme for Harry Potter. Sell all the characters that wouldn't fit in with any sets. Minifigures has been a huge money spinner at very little cost of manufacturing. Basically, it's a good investment, if it fails, it's not a severe loss like it would be if 50,000 Hogwarts castles weren't sold. If it succeeds, Profit! Plus, Harry Potter has a nice long run.

I wouldn't be so sure that a no new sets are coming out for HP,

I have spoken to a couple of managers at two different Toyworlds (Australian toy shop) who both seem very sure of themselves that more Harry Potter are coming out this year!

P.S. Toyworld may have a great range but all there Lego is severely overpriced :tongue:

Edited by General Jones

I have spoken to a couple of managers at two different Toyworlds (Australian toy shop) who both seem very sure of themselves that more Harry Potter are coming out this year!

P.S. Toyworld may have a great range but all there Lego is severely overpriced :tongue:

Fingers crossed (harder). Those are Australian prices though, which are high already because their LEGO is shipped in from Europe (I think it's Europe)

Oh, Praise the Lord!!! This gives me hope!!! Fingers and toes are crossed!!!!!!!!

That's interesting... I thought the introduction of the LOTR theme would automatically lead to the discontinuation of HP, but apparently it doesn't :sweet: If this turns out to be true, 2012 will be the absolute licensed theme overkill with sets based on SW, HP, POTC (there are rumors about at least one new set), both DC and Marvel superheroes, Cars and LOTR *oh2**huh* I just hope the store managers didn't mix something up and confused HP with LOTR :wink:

Edit: And there's SpongeBob Squarepants as well... Why do I get the feeling my wallet's gonna murder me in my sleep :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Please let this be true! Even just a battle pack would be good, anything really, Harry potter has been huge for lego. They can't just let it die out!

It would be very welcome to have more Harry Potter lego. It is what brought me out of my dark age and it is what makes me love Lego all the more.

I was surprised at all the local shops having Kingdoms and Alien Conquest and Pharaoh's Quest being discontinued and heavily discounted, yet the earlier (2010) HP sets were still full price. I would think if they are discontinued as well, they would heavily discount them to get them off the shelves to allow room for other sets/themes. So either the fall 2010/summer 2011 HP sets are still selling well enough and maybe, just maybe, they will come out with some new sets. Or... I don't know another reason to put here.

Let's hope for more HP!

Guys, PLEASE remember there is a Harry Potter book with a exclusive mini-figure coming out sometime in July 2012. This may be what the store managers were talking about when they said the line wasn't completely dead...

I don't mean to put a downer on it, and I would love to see more sets too, I am just pointing out it is likely the managers were talking about this book when they said it wasn't quite over yet.

Guys, PLEASE remember there is a Harry Potter book with a exclusive mini-figure coming out sometime in July 2012. This may be what the store managers were talking about when they said the line wasn't completely dead...

I don't mean to put a downer on it, and I would love to see more sets too, I am just pointing out it is likely the managers were talking about this book when they said it wasn't quite over yet.

Yes, that is a possibility, but I sure hope not!